Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fixtures & Results - Saturday 8 January

Premier Division

1 2 Stotfold v Chalfont St Peter

A report on this one from another's Forum:

Stotfold (1) 1, Chalfont St Peter (2) 2

Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division

Attendance 114

Admission; £5, Prog; £1

Another visit to Stotfold this season as most of my other choices went down to waterlogged pitches. Visitors Chalfont St Peter, leading the division by seven points, were going to prove tough opposition for a Stotfold side still searching for their first home League win of the season. Hopes were high after the home side took a fifth minute lead through Dean Hamilton but Chalfont took their chances and equalised on 14 (Daniel Hughes) and then took the lead on 29 through prolific goalscorer Charlie Strutton. The second half saw Stotfold with plenty of possession but failed to take any of the chances they created. Chalfont although not adding to their score line looked a side dangerous on the break. So at the end of the day Chalfont now hold a ten point lead over second placed Tring Athletic (0-1 losers at third placed Royston Town). Stotfold have now gone ten games without a League win since rejoining the SSML this season. The programme promised that new signings were on the way, so a brighter second half to the season may be on the cards.

Premier Division

1 0 Royston Town v Tring Athletic

A report on this one from another's Forum:

Molten Footballs Spartan South Midlands League, Premier Division -

Royston Town 1 Tring Athletic 0

Attendance 133

Admission £5, programme £1 (76 pages, brilliant), badge £2.50, coffee 80p

At last! After eight consecutive wipe-outs because of frozen, snow-covered or waterlogged pitches, this was my first new ground since mid-November.

The only negative point of the day was the parking. Royston Town's website advises you to park in the town hall car park three minutes' walk away, due to Garden Walk being very restricted for parking. The website should also tell you that the town hall car park is pay and display until 3.00.

Royston Town's home is in an aptly named road. I loved the quaintness of the ground, with the pitch totally surrounded by wooden fencing, the 15 yard long wooden stand-cum-verandah, the clubhouse overhang-cum-terrace and the well appointed 150 (or pretty close to it) seater main stand. The club officials I met were very friendly, even down to the tannoy announcer offering me the teamsheets five minutes before he announced the line-ups.

I won't do much of a match report, in case it's superimposed on the League's website.

This was 3rd v. 2nd but, with apologies to our regular Tring Athletic correspondent, the away team didn't look like title challengers, maybe due to a lack of recent games, although they improved greatly after the break. Royston Town were much the better side playing down the pronounced slope in the first half and, having hit the bar early on, they scored what was on balance the deserved winner in the 18th minute, when a blocked shot fell to Carl Edwards who rifled the ball home from ten yards.

The second half was very even and end-to-end. Royston could have doubled their lead on the hour following the award of what looked a soft penalty, but Ryan Lockett's spot kick was well saved by Tom Vincent low to his right.

This was Royston Town and not Royston Vasey, and certainly not the League of Gentlemen, due to a sparky end to what had been a decent and entertaining game. Having taken off one player probably to stop him getting a second for continued dissent, Tring Athletic went down to ten men in the 82nd minute when sub Danny Gray stupidly pushed the 'lino', almost knocking him over, after failing to get a decision his way.

Two minutes later, the number sixes, Martin Standen and Henry Thomas, clashed after a midfield tackle, leading to a mass round of handbags. The ref threw a double six and sent them both off. Due to the tense end to the game, some refs would have blown the final whistle as soon as possible. Not this ref, who played a full six minutes' stoppage time. By the time I was let through the tunnel to the exit, 'Sports Report' had started!

The rest of the results from earlier today, were they playing cricket at The 61 FC:

Saturday 8 January

Premier Division

3 1 Aylesbury United v Harefield United

http://www.aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/

0 0 Biggleswade United v Haringey Borough

1 2 Dunstable Town v Hadley

2 5 Hertford Town v Colney Heath

P Hillingdon Borough v Broxbourne Borough

P Holmer Green v Kingsbury London Tigers

P Kentish Town v Langford

4 5 Oxhey Jets v Hanwell Town

P St Margaretsbury v Leverstock Green

Division 1

1 2 Ampthill Town v Cockfosters

6 0 Bedford v Stony Stratford Town

2 0 Bedford Town Reserves v St Albans City Reserves

0 2 Cranfield United v Buckingham Athletic

P Crawley Green v AFC Dunstable

P Sun Postal Sports v Hoddesdon Town

P Welwyn Garden City v Wodson Park

Division 2

P Bletchley Town v Winslow United

1 1 Caddington v Old Bradwell United

5 1 Kent Athletic v Brache Sparta Community

15 0 The 61 FC v MK Wanderers

1 3 Totternhoe v Mursley United

P Tring Corinthians v Risborough Rangers

Reserve Division 1

1 0 AFC Dunstable Reserves v Hatfield Town Reserves

P Cockfosters Reserves v Holmer Green Reserves

P Crawley Green Reserves v St Margaretsbury Reserves

P Kings Langley Reserves v London Colney Reserves

P Langford Reserves v Stotfold Reserves

P Wodson Park Reserves v Ampthill Town Reserves

Reserve Division 2

P New Bradwell St Peter Reserves v Totterhoe Reserves

P Old Bradwell United Reserves v Welwyn Garden City Reserves

1 1 Risborough Rangers Reserves v The 61 FC Reserves

1 1 Stony Stratford Town Reserves v Bletchley Town Reserves

Berks & Bucks FA Intermediate Cup Fourth Round

3 1 Aston Clinton v Unity

1 0 Chalfont Wasps v Amersham Town

2 3 Padbury United v Reading YMCA (at Springfields)

Berks & Bucks FA Junior Cup Fourth Round

2 4 FC Bedgrove v Buckingham Athletic Reserves (aet)

Hertfordshire FA Senior Centenary Trophy Third Round

P London Lions v Kings Langley

2 1 Berkhamsted v Harpenden Town

http://thecomrades.wordpress.com/

P London Colney v Metropolitan Police Bushey

Hertfordshire FA Intermediate Cup Third Round

6 3 Hoddesdon Town Reserves v Croxley Guild Reserves

1 2 Mill End Sports v London Lions Reserves

2 3 Hertford Heath v Royston Town Reserves

P Tring Athletic Reserves v Oxhey Jets Reserves

Premier Division

A report on this 0-0 bore yesterday:

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/index.php?p=games&s=details&ID=285911&conf=&div=

Another big loss for Cranfield yesterday.

It surprises me that a club with arguably the best facilities in the league, year on year have a poor team.

I think the committee (if they have any ambition) need to look at the manager.... perhaps they could lure Mr Bicknell away from Padbury I'm sure he would love to have a club with them facilities and that pitch.

Another big loss for Cranfield yesterday.

It surprises me that a club with arguably the best facilities in the league, year on year have a poor team.

I think the committee (if they have any ambition) need to look at the manager.... perhaps they could lure Mr Bicknell away from Padbury I'm sure he would love to have a club with them facilities and that pitch.

Now that would raise a few eyebrows

Yes big loss didnt turn up 2nd half and you obviously havent been to many grounds in the league cranfield have nowhere near the BEST facilities in the league at the moment The club has installed new 8 seater dugouts as for your other points what other managers have sold 32 sponsor boards , got tracksuits kit bags ect ,have just got a sponsor to fit 50 new flip up seats in the stands ? not many We could have spent that 6000 grand on a team yes but like you so rightly pointed out cranfield have struggled for a long time and it wont be a overnight thing where the football club can stand on its own 2 feet without going to the commitee with their hand out thats why me and pat have put the money into the club and facilities so that the sponsors money comes in for the next 3 years at least rather than a overnight success as for craig he is doing a superb job at padbury i offered him the chance when i 1st went to cranfield to get on board but he decided to stay at padbury and fair play to him for that.

Some reports from Saturday's Premier Division games:

Premier Division

3 1 Aylesbury United v Harefield United

http://www.aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/

http://www.haringeyb...85911&conf==

1 2 Dunstable Town v Hadley

2 5 Hertford Town v Colney Heath

http://www.hertfordtownfc.co.uk/Col_08_01_11.html

P Hillingdon Borough v Broxbourne Borough

P Holmer Green v Kingsbury London Tigers

P Kentish Town v Langford

4 5 Oxhey Jets v Hanwell Town

http://www.oxheyjets.com/

http://www.roystontownfc.co.uk/match-reports/match-report-royston-town-v-tring-athletic/

http://www.tafc.co.uk/report.php?fixture_id=1449

P St Margaretsbury v Leverstock Green

http://www.stotfoldfc.co.uk/results.php?id=&mr=mr080111&scr=3&pg=results.php#mrpa

You'd need 6 million to get any decent players playin 4 u...u can get as many sponsor boards...Armani tracksuits & bags...heated leather fold up seats & the rest of the crap ur goin on about Lee...but they don't get ya points or trophies do they?? Good luck but jus can't c it happenin 4 ya!!

So what trophies have you won Mr hideawaywonfukall My guess is eeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmm NONE but good luck b ut just cant see it happening for ya

Wot as manager like u?? None u plum cause I'm not a manager...but if I woz I'm sure I'd b doin better than u...all u need to concentrate on is tryin to win games...the only trophys ur gonna b seein is the ones u won as a player in 1974 u old twat...

Yes big loss didnt turn up 2nd half and you obviously havent been to many grounds in the league cranfield have nowhere near the BEST facilities in the league at the moment The club has installed new 8 seater dugouts as for your other points what other managers have sold 32 sponsor boards , got tracksuits kit bags ect ,have just got a sponsor to fit 50 new flip up seats in the stands ? not many We could have spent that 6000 grand on a team yes but like you so rightly pointed out cranfield have struggled for a long time and it wont be a overnight thing where the football club can stand on its own 2 feet without going to the commitee with their hand out thats why me and pat have put the money into the club and facilities so that the sponsors money comes in for the next 3 years at least rather than a overnight success as for craig he is doing a superb job at padbury i offered him the chance when i 1st went to cranfield to get on board but he decided to stay at padbury and fair play to him for that.

This is not intended as a slight on you and fair play for raising the sponsorship - but I would be interested to know why you feel that you haven't got one of best facilities in Division 1.

Your pitch is second to none, great changing rooms and club house. Who would you say has better??

This is not intended as a slight on you and fair play for raising the sponsorship - but I would be interested to know why you feel that you haven't got one of best facilities in Division 1.

Your pitch is second to none, great changing rooms and club house. Who would you say has better??

Would agree 100%

Our facilities are good and I DO THINK THEY ARE 1 OF THE BEST and are going to get better thats why i left padbury was fed up going to the dumps in div 2 I would say better pitches bedford town res, london lions , bedford fc ,st albans better clubhouses sun postal,wodson,bedford town res There are 3-4 better grounds than ours ror has been to most with his son cant guess as to who you are tuck but if you havent been to many grounds in div 1 my guess is your a cling on or a team mate of mr hideawayc0ckbreath but seeing as mr angry plays in div 2 and hes [censored] in that he would not know as hes never played level 6 football i think you will find your the twat mr hideawaynobodywonnothing.