Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC West Ham

Basil-Don

As most people will now be aware AFC West Ham has been formed after the decision of the West Ham board to move away from the Boleyn Ground,its not an exaggeration to say i that i have been bombarded with emails,texts and phonecalls about this exciting new adventure which is still in its infancy.Obviously our main concerns at this moment will be to agree a groundshare,form a constitution and find a League all in time for the 2011/12 season.Bearing this in mind can i ask the various officials and players involved at ESL clubs to allow myself and other members of this new club time to sort out these pressing issues before we can arrange such events as trials for players Thanks.

As most people will now be aware AFC West Ham has been formed after the decision of the West Ham board to move away from the Boleyn Ground,its not an exaggeration to say i that i have been bombarded with emails,texts and phonecalls about this exciting new adventure which is still in its infancy.Obviously our main concerns at this moment will be to agree a groundshare,form a constitution and find a League all in time for the 2011/12 season.Bearing this in mind can i ask the various officials and players involved at ESL clubs to allow myself and other members of this new club time to sort out these pressing issues before we can arrange such events as trials for players Thanks.

Why would players want a trial?

Surely as they are already playing at step 5, why would they want to play for a team that would probably start in the Olimpian league junior 3 as other teams have had to in the past.

Have you applied for the Witham job yet, I hear on the Ryman forum that they are trying to get the Stansted management over there, that would be a turn up !

Surely as they are already playing at step 5, why would they want to play for a team that would probably start in the Olimpian league junior 3 as other teams have had to in the past.

Have you applied for the Witham job yet, I hear on the Ryman forum that they are trying to get the Stansted management over there, that would be a turn up !

a team playing with floodlights would not start at step 10 of the pyramid !!!

Can you tell us any more about this venture at the moment? I am sure its bound to attract massive interest and probable support. Are you the only "AFC West Ham" in the pipeline or are there others thinking along the same lines?

What area would be the preferred choice to set up if not in the east end. So many questions but I am genuinely interested. As with Tottenham, all expected an AFC to spring up which ever team moves away , I did not quite realise it was in full development.

a team playing with floodlights would not start at step 10 of the pyramid !!!

Wadham Lodge started 2009/10 playing at the lodge under floodlights and were told they had to start in the Olympian league.

Southill started last season in the Bedfordshire Senior League Premier Division they didnt have to start rock bottom of the pyramid and i will be using my contacts to possibly find a ground with floodlights so we can achieve senior status,i have a mystery backer who will be funding the initial expense of setting up this club.

Just read the thread posted by Groundhopper and that's a non starter (Funding via boot sales, Ok in the summer but how would they pay the wages in the winter I ask myself???) so looks like your in pole position. If this was to be the only, and I mean only genuine AFC West Ham, I do not think money would be a big problem. Once in place, it would grow very quickly support wise especially when west ham were playing away.

Just read the thread posted by Groundhopper and that's a non starter (Funding via boot sales, Ok in the summer but how would they pay the wages in the winter I ask myself???) so looks like your in pole position. If this was to be the only, and I mean only genuine AFC West Ham, I do not think money would be a big problem. Once in place, it would grow very quickly support wise especially when west ham were playing away.

i wouldnt pay much attention to that other thread,most 'fan clubs' do well for the first season then lose momentum thats the hardest thing keeping interest high once the novelty factor has worn off,got to say though that i could assemble a team tomorrow with no wage bill which would win the ESL or any other step 5 League simply with players who want to jump on the AFC West Ham bandwagon.

Edited by Basil-Don

i wouldnt pay much attention to that other thread,most 'fan clubs' do well for the first season then lose momentum thats the hardest thing keeping interest high once the novelty factor has worn off,got to say though that i could assemble a team tomorrow with no wage bill which would win the ESL or any other step 5 League simply with players who want to jump on the AFC West Ham bandwagon.

I would suggest you have just taken a strong concotion of pills with a post like that.

Firstly you are slagging of the ESL and the level in which they play and if it was that easy why haven't you done it already with Basildon.

Secoundly when AFC Wimbledon were formed they were paying massive money to get them up.

Thirdly I didnt realise you were a manager or coach, perhaps you should give it a go.

No doubt for a novelty some players would like to say they play for West Ham, but if it was that easy the proper side would win something.

Ask other clubs winning the ESL is not easy, no matter what budget you have.

I wish you luck Basil-Don, but as lesbos or richard193 (that person seemed to changed names looking at that thread) found out it is not easy.

One suggestion might be to start up a forum for it. Not sure if you have seen Ian's post here offering free club forums, but perhaps that might generate interest rather than being buried on another league forum that might not even involve your new team. I would have thought new teams are just as welcome as established teams.

Just a thought, anyway good luck.

I would suggest you have just taken a strong concotion of pills with a post like that.

Firstly you are slagging of the ESL and the level in which they play and if it was that easy why haven't you done it already with Basildon.

Secoundly when AFC Wimbledon were formed they were paying massive money to get them up.

Thirdly I didnt realise you were a manager or coach, perhaps you should give it a go.

No doubt for a novelty some players would like to say they play for West Ham, but if it was that easy the proper side would win something.

Ask other clubs winning the ESL is not easy, no matter what budget you have.

neverbeen in no way was i belittling Stansteds achievement in winning the title last season or indeed the overall standard of step 5 football i was simply making the point that many players would jump at the chance of playing for such a high profile club.

this is not really the time to look far ahead as we have more pressing concerns,on the issue of the ground it appears that most west ham fans no longer live in the East End of London so we are now considering possibly groundsharing at a Stadium in Essex as this seems to be a popular choice with many West Ham supporters.

Edited by Basil-Don

I wish you luck Basil-Don, but as lesbos or richard193 (that person seemed to changed names looking at that thread) found out it is not easy.

One suggestion might be to start up a forum for it. Not sure if you have seen Ian's post here offering free club forums, but perhaps that might generate interest rather than being buried on another league forum that might not even involve your new team. I would have thought new teams are just as welcome as established teams.

Groundhopper the reason why it was posted here was because a ESL 'legend' is in serious contention for the managers job and many ESL players would follow him if he was appointed.

So if this AFC West ham went ahead where would this new club play its games ? The obvious choice would surely be The old spotted dog .

i can see your logic there but most west ham fans dont now live in the East End a lot moved out of London to the New Towns in the sixties,it could be argued that the new team should play in one of these towns where most of the Hammers fans live.

Groundhopper the reason why it was posted here was because a ESL 'legend' is in serious contention for the managers job and many ESL players would follow him if he was appointed.

fair enough - just thought it would be beneficial to you.

fair enough - just thought it would be beneficial to you.

i will definately use such a facility just getting feedback from ESL people at the moment cheers.

So the ground of choice is Basildon and the mystery backer Uncle Urchin !!!!!!!!

Wasn't he the generous benefactor at Hornchurch for a while?

Although I sense some people did not get on with him.

Assume by your post, that this will be good for the proposed club.

Mind you I can also see the new club having an adverse affect on many south Essex clubs taking away supporters, who perhaps supported West Ham but went to non league and can now go to both.