Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fixtures & Results - Saturday 12 February

Division One

2 5 Ampthill Town v Wodson Park

I see Red Robbo was at Ampthill Park yesterday according to another's Forum, no mention of Stuart Reynolds so he can't have been playing:

Spartan South Midlands League Div 1

Ampthill Town (0) 2, Wodson Park (3) 5,

Attendance 30 ish

Admission £4 (including 20 page programme),Tea 70p, Cheese and tomato roll £1

After watching Wodson Park's midweek defeat against London Lions I wasn't sure what to expect today. The first suprise was to see leading goalscorer Anthony Anstead returning to his more familiar role between the sticks! The second was the sunshine, haven't seen that in a long time at a game! Always liked Ampthill Town's ground with the stand that looks down on the pitch.

The ground itself is set in Ampthill Park, a very sporting area with the cricket club situated next to the ground at the far end. Ampthill and Distirct Rugby Union FC across the road near enough opposite the football club. There is also another football club by the rugby pitches with the "Home of Queensmen FC" sign and good sized stand and dressing room complex. This owned by Queensmen FC who are a Sunday side playing in the Bedford and District Sunday League.

Back to the game at Ampthill, Wodson earned a 3-0 interval lead with Tyler Hatherley playing a more forward roll than in recent times. He relished the change and helped himself to a hat trick. The home pressured early after the break and quickly pulled a goal back and struck the inside of the bar. Wodson's game wasn't so intense as the first but they sealed a fine victory with two goals in a minute with eleven minutes remaining. Pete Sawyer scored the fourth after coming off the bench and Hatherley completed a very successful day claiming a fourth and Wodson fifth. Ampthill added a second in the final minute from a corner.

Unfortunately for both sets of players they had only cold showers to look forward to. The latest nationwide crime of stealing heater oil

saw both the football and rugby clubs become the latest vicitims during Friday night - Saturday morning.

Ampthill appear to be on the slide at the minute, if things don't turn around can anyone see the chairman sharpening his knives??

Stuart Reynold's is Rhodesey's latest fantasy. Another name he's plucked from the web, yet knows feck all about. He's Ampthill Town striker & because they drew a blank Cliff automatically assumes he wasn't playing.

Really sorry to hear about the boy ROR. He's a top keeper and a top bloke, and im sure mr bicknell will agree with me when i say it will be a great loss to padbury united too!

Such a shame as that must be around 4times now and to be honest im suprised he even gave it a go back in the sticks after the 2nd and 3rd time, extremely brave thing to do after such an injury and im sure he has gained the respect from all the people in mk for sticking with it after all that!

just wondering whats the boys reaction to all this ROR? and is he thinking of giving up now or what plans does he have in mind if any?

All the best and hope he has a speedy recovery

you are right mate tom is a massive loss for us i have never had a season with so many injuries to players it seems to be every week . we wil miss tom and tyrone taylor big time they have both won us matches . but the players i have to put in are good enough . our 2nd keeper is very strong he was at oxford city last season . also losing dave cole will hurt us as he has started every week great player