Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures & Results - 1/2/3 March

PREMIER DIVISION

Biggleswade United 2-3 Dunstable Town

Connor Waite 6 (63) Luke Lincoln 38, 60

Rohan Deroses 52 Graham Buchanan 85

Hatfield Town 1-4 Broxbourne Boro V&E

Harry Maguire 63 (76) Rory Brien 8

Leon Skinner 42, 74

Bradley Drisdale 55

Hillingdon Borough 6-1 Kentish Town

Aaron Lansiquot (22) James Lyndon 3

8, 22, 60, 66, 87

Barkley Miguel-Panzo 25

Holmer Green 1-2 Chalfont St Peter

Eliot Derby 34 (62) Charlie Strutton 60p, 90

Langford P Hertford Town

Oxhey Jets 0-3 Hadley

(38) Tom Milton 55

Tony Cookey 85

Melford Simpson 90+3

Royston Town 3-3 Leverstock Green

Jack Bradshaw 9 (75) Lewis Pritchard 10

Glen Lamacraft 30 Louis Austin 40

Martin Standen 82 Craig Preston 77

Stotfold 4-1 Colney Heath

Adam Pitcairn 11 (67) Paul Armstrong 20

Paul Garrett 45+1, 90

Andy Carter 53

Tring Athletic 1-1 Haringey Borough

Jason Beck 47 (39) Richard Worrell 61

DIVISION ONE CUP SEMI FINAL

St Albans City Res 2-0aet Hoddesdon Town

Sean Shields 92, 96

DIVISION ONE

London Colney 3-2 Cockfosters

Danny Fitzgerald (27) Danny Kisuule 67

24, 26, 68

Kings Langley P Bedford

RESERVE DIVISION ONE

Hadley 2-1 Holmer Green

St Margaretsbury 1-2 Royston Town

RESERVE DIVISION TWO

Buckingham Athletic 3-0 New Bradwell St Peter

Sun Postal Sports P London Lions

Good to see two Hatfield boys scoring important goals for their new clubs ( Standen and Beck ) . Also , it was nice to see Dan Staples new side take a hammering !!!! ..... Six ex Hatfield Town players now playing for teams in the top four ....

PREMIER DIVISION

Leon Skinner 42, 74

Bradley Drisdale 55

8, 22, 60, 66, 87

Barkley Miguel-Panzo 25

Langford P Hertford Town

Oxhey Jets 0-3 Hadley

(38) Tom Milton 55

Tony Cookey 85

Melford Simpson 90+3

Paul Garrett 45+1, 90

Andy Carter 53

Sean Shields 92, 96

DIVISION ONE

24, 26, 68

Kings Langley P Bedford

RESERVE DIVISION ONE

Hadley 2-1 Holmer Green

RESERVE DIVISION TWO

Good to see two Hatfield boys scoring important goals for their new clubs ( Standen and Beck ) . Also , it was nice to see Dan Staples new side take a hammering !!!! ..... Six ex Hatfield Town players now playing for teams in the top four ....

And a great win for Chelsea eh enochs nephew! Great night of football

PREMIER DIVISION

Leon Skinner 42, 74

Bradley Drisdale 55

8, 22, 60, 66, 87

Barkley Miguel-Panzo 25

Langford P Hertford Town

Oxhey Jets 0-3 Hadley

(38) Tom Milton 55

Tony Cookey 85

Melford Simpson 90+3

Paul Garrett 45+1, 90

Andy Carter 53

Sean Shields 92, 96

DIVISION ONE

24, 26, 68

Kings Langley P Bedford

RESERVE DIVISION ONE

Hadley 2-1 Holmer Green

RESERVE DIVISION TWO

And a great win for Chelsea eh enochs nephew! Great night of football

Oh , what a night Eric ..... Bring me sunshine!!!!!!

Flesh on the bones from last night:

Tuesday 1 March

Premier Division

2 3 Biggleswade United v Dunstable Town

1 4 Hatfield Town v Broxbourne Borough

6 1 Hillingdon Borough v Kentish Town

1 2 Holmer Green v Chalfont St Peter

http://www.buckinghamshireadvertiser.co.uk/south-buckinghamshire-sport/south-buckinghamshire-topsport/2011/03/02/saints-win-battle-of-bucks-82398-28263716/

P Langford v Hertford Town

0 3 Oxhey Jets v Hadley

3 3 Royston Town v Leverstock Green

http://www.roystontownfc.co.uk/match-reports/match-report-royston-town-v-leverstock-green/

http://www.levgreenfc.co.uk/MatchReport.php?File=20110301

4 1 Stotfold v Colney Heath

http://www.stotfoldfc.co.uk/results.php?id=&mr=mr010311&scr=0&pg=results.php#mrpa

1 1 Tring Athletic v Haringey Borough

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/index.php?p=games&s=details&ID=337181&conf=&div=

Division One

P Kings Langley v Bedford

3 2 London Colney v Cockfosters

Division One Cup Semi Final

2 0 St Albans City Reserves v Hoddesdon Town (aet)

Reserve Division One

2 1 Hadley Reserves v Holmer Green Reserves

1 2 St Margaretsbury Reserves v Royston Town Reserves

Reserve Division Two

3 0 Buckingham Athletic Reserves v New Bradwell St Peter Reserves

P Sun Postal Sports Reserves v London Lions Reserves

Two reports on this one from last night from another's Forum:

Hatfield Town 1 Broxbourne Borough 4

SSML Premier

Adm:£5.00 Prog:£1.00 Tea & Snickers:£1.00

Att:Officially 76 but i counted no more than 20 actually outside to watch this match,everybody else remained in the bar for the Chelsea v Man Utd game on Sky

Hatfield are playing at the Gosling Sports Park,Welwyn Garden City this season,a multi purpose sporting venue that also includes a dry ski slope & a driving range for golf.The fairly large car park at the venue was virtually full when i arrived,unfortunately most were not there to watch football but for the many other facilities on offer.The pitch is in the main stadium,surrounded by a dreaded running track & also by a raised cycling track,so spectators are quite a way back from the footballing action.The only cover is provided by the one stand with seating for about 200. Considering the distance from the pitch & several large concrete pillars the view wasn't too bad.The floodlights are also some distance from the pitch & the lighting didn't extend that brilliantly (no pun intended!) to the centre.

The match was fairly entertaining considering the home side fielded a very youthful team following several of their key players moving to other clubs above them in the league over the past few weeks.Broxbourne took the lead with their first attack after 8 mins & scored a second on 41 mins after the home side had the bulk of possession in between.The away side took control in the second half going 0-3 on 54 mins but Hatfield scored from a superb free kick on 61 mins but were visibly tiring & Broxbourne had numerous chances to add to their tally finally managing a fourth after 77 mins.

Talking to some of the home officials,they would consider it a fine achievement if they finished in mid table at the end of the season but are still somewhat worried that they could get sucked into a relegation battle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mick, Steve and myself were also at this one and we may have been chatting pre-match?. The communist style main stand had quite a look about it and also for us old concrete block fans, a paddock in front of the stand and an area to the left of old and unclean/unkempt terrace which was level with the corner flag.

Hatfield's scorer was a bit unlucky with 2 further late free kicks, both of which hit the bar.

Agree with the crowd. I nearly choked on my tea when I saw what the official crowd was counted at.

but i counted no more than 20 actually outside to watch this match

Agree with the crowd. I nearly choked on my tea when I saw what the official crowd was counted at.

Don't shoot the messenger but why is controversy never far away when it comes to Hatfield Town's attendance figures

Don't shoot the messenger but why is controversy never far away when it comes to Hatfield Town's attendance figures

i wish they would shoot the messenger, straight between the eyes!!!!!!!!

Dick Turpin - It seems that I'm not the only one who has picked up on the huge difference in your reported attendances and people actually outside watching the proceedings

Premier Division

0 3 Oxhey Jets v Hadley

A strange report on this one from another's Forum:

South Michigan League Galactico Division

@ the Walmart Home Saver Center (10% off on Monday) Ball Park

The Oxhey Jets 0 The Hadley Black sox 3

Entry & Brochure £6

English Tea via Boston 70p, Rolls 80p

Audience: 38

To get into the swing of things, we pitched up in the car lot at 1400 hours to commence our barbecue. Surprisingly no other fans did this, at 1415 a busybody from the local municipality arrived and told us fires in the car parks were not allowed. My North American friend advised me that this was extremely poor form.

At the end of the first period we had seen not a single touchdown or home run, again I fell foul of appropriate convention here when suggesting that we may see a rounder or two in the the second innings.

I didn't really care as all I wanted to see was the Mid-game entertainment, so whilst TV viewers would get a few words from the games sponsors I was expecting to see Bruce Springsteen belt out a few classics, not available apparently, Tom Petty will do then. No sign of Tom, at least I could reconcile myself with a bit of quality silicon courtesy of Janet Jackson. No Janet either.

Disappointed we headed for the Referee's room, not sure why but apparently it is what hoppers do. So we burst in: "what are you doing in here?", "not sure it is what we hoppers do" Luckily the Canuck chipped in, "we've only got the standard match brochure. Can we have your leather bound and stitched one?"

At this point he threatened to call the Mounties, so we bid a hasty retreat.

Instead we hassled the club secretary, advising him that should the game to into additional periods at the end, or a penalty shoot out if it ended in a tie, we couldn't hang around as we needed to get back to Slough Railroad terminus to catch a train back to the prairie.We left addresses and zip codes so that our hopper goodie bags could be forwarded to us.

In the 2nd innings we got more action as the wide recivers of the Black Sox become more involved. A touchdown was recorded when a slap shot from 2 yards beat the Jets goal tender. A 2nd rounder was recorded when the Umpire and Line Judge allowed a flick from the Black Sox wide reciver to count.

A fine evening in fine company, next up the Lakers against the Packers.

Tonight's results:

Wednesday 2 March

Premier Division

2 0 Aylesbury United v St Margaretsbury

http://www.aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/

A AFC Dunstable v Berkhamsted (floodlight failure)

Reserve Division One

1 2 Cockfosters Reserves v Wodson Park Reserves

Middlesex FA Senior Charity Cup Quarter Final

P Hanwell Town v North Greenford Utd (tomorrow)

P Hillingdon Borough v Bedfont Town (tomorrow)

Buckingham Charity Cup Semi Final First Leg

1 2 Mursley United v Daventry United

AFC Dunstable 3-0 up when the floodlights went in the 90th minute, is that a get out of jail free for Berko or what.....or will the result be made to stand?

Tonight's results:

Wednesday 2 March

Premier Division

2 0 Aylesbury United v St Margaretsbury

http://www.aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/

A AFC Dunstable v Berkhamsted (floodlight failure)

Reserve Division One

1 2 Cockfosters Reserves v Wodson Park Reserves

Middlesex FA Senior Charity Cup Quarter Final

P Hanwell Town v North Greenford Utd (tomorrow)

P Hillingdon Borough v Bedfont Town (tomorrow)

Buckingham Charity Cup Semi Final First Leg

1 2 Mursley United v Daventry United

Ive heard the first goal was miles offside but the linesman had half the Aylesbury support behind him and didnt have the balls to put his flag up! I think in all the games ive watched this season be it with my team or watching other games ive seen 4 maybe 5 decent performances from officials.

The standard in this league is poor..............ive seen better on a sunday in the waltham mercury league!

Edited by monkeymonkey8

Ive heard the first goal was miles offside but the linesman had half the Aylesbury support behind him and didnt have the balls to put his flag up!

I missed the first goal but heard the cheer from the car park as I arrived. General opinion from the Aylesbury fans I spoke to was that it looked to be offside and their report says the same

Ive heard the first goal was miles offside but the linesman had half the Aylesbury support behind him and didnt have the balls to put his flag up!

I missed the first goal but heard the cheer from the car park as I arrived. General opinion from the Aylesbury fans I spoke to was that it looked to be offside and their report says the same

Let down once again by the guys in charge!

I find it hard to understand that if nearly everyone in the ground can see its offside why cant the linesman!? Bearing in mind he is only there to spot offsides!!!!!

I've not read their report yet but the first half was pretty even with both teams having chances but Aylesbury def had the best of the second half with more and better chances. Our chances tended to be more longer range shots which didn't really trouble the keeper whereas theirs were one on ones etc.

The guy was miles offside, lineman was about 10 yards behind play and we still can't work out who he though was playing him on side as we were all in a line with the forward about 7 yards ahead on his own?

Still over the 90 they deserved the win.

AFC Dunstable 3-0 up when the floodlights went in the 90th minute, is that a get out of jail free for Berko or what.....or will the result be made to stand?

90 seconds left of added time and 3-0 down. I think Berko should take the Innovative and say to the league they accept they were beaten and for the result to stand.... The question is will they be big enough ?