Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Haringey Borough To Play Great Britain Deaf Team

On Wednesday 27th April,Haringey Borough will be playing the Great Britain Deaf Team in a friendly at Borough's coles park Ground

K.o. 7.45,Borough's leading scorer Danial Aileyis a member of the Great Britain Team.

Borough's normal admission of 5.00 (usual concessions 2.00) inclusive of programme will be the minmum charge,but as it is hoped

to raise significant funds for the Great Britain Team,any voluntary overpayments/donations to boost the coffers would be greatly appreciated.

We look forward to seeing as many of you there as possible Thank You.

Mark Hayward - Would you describe the game as 'prestige' as highlighted on the Club's website:

PRESTIGE END OF SEASON FRIENDLY ARRANGED

On Wednesday April 27th BOROUGH will be playing the GREAT BRITAIN DEAF TEAM at Borough’s Coles Park Ground. 7 45pm kick off.

Our leading scorer, Daniel Ailey is, of course, an established member of the Great Britain Team.

Our normal admission of £5 (usual concessions £2) inclusive of programme will be the minimum charge but as it is hoped to raise significant funds for the Great Britain Team any “voluntary overpayments / donations” to boost the coffers would be greatly appreciated.

Mark Hayward - Would you describe the game as 'prestige' as highlighted on the Club's website:

On Wednesday April 27th BOROUGH will be playing the GREAT BRITAIN DEAF TEAM at Borough’s Coles Park Ground. 7 45pm kick off.

Our leading scorer, Daniel Ailey is, of course, an established member of the Great Britain Team.

Our normal admission of £5 (usual concessions £2) inclusive of programme will be the minimum charge but as it is hoped to raise significant funds for the Great Britain Team any “voluntary overpayments / donations” to boost the coffers would be greatly appreciated.

And there you go again spoiling things Mr Snide! Well done Haringey Borough, in staging this prestige game.

Prestige - definition - " denoting something that arouses widespread respect or admiration" seems very appropriate in the context of players overcoming a disability to play at a high standard?

Well said Horace. Unlikely to be anymore replies up from Rhodesy as I'll be off the forum until tomorrow morning!

Off to celebrate / commiserate another year older by watching my beloved Spurs in their last ever CL game....

Well said Horace. Unlikely to be anymore replies up from Rhodesy as I'll be off the forum until tomorrow morning!

Off to celebrate / commiserate another year older by watching my beloved Spurs in their last ever CL game....

Wish i could contradict you, but your assessment seems v. accurate!

And there you go again spoiling things Mr Snide!

Horace - I'm not spoiling things but I just feel calling it a 'prestige end of season friendly' is a bit misleading that's all

Further to the above, it will be interesting to see what the attendance is on the night

Well said Horace but unfortunately that type of articulate post is wasted on someone with the IQ, wit and personality of a toilet brush. Well done Haringey a great thing to do. Hope you get a large attendance. Last time I was there we drew 2-2 when you got the point you needed for promotion. I was one of a number of ours who ended up in Refs book mainly cos he was so poor. One of our lads scored contender for goal of the season that day.

Rhodes - Its post like these that make people what to give you a good slapping, chop your fingers off and smash any keyboard you have. Why do you feel the need to dig the club out about something like this, they are doing something to raise money for charity but you feel the need to knock them and then make some stupid remark about how many people will turn up. I hope they fill the place twice over and raise a lot of money.

I know you like to come on here to wind people up and have a bit of banter but I feel this is poor banter and just shows that you really are a twat and a man of no morals. You should be praising any club that in these hard times still find time to raise money for charity. In all you a MUG and I am guessing a person that has never put his hand in his pocket to give to a worth while charity unless you have some benefit from it yourself.

I am guessing this will be another post you ignore.

here here

Rhodes - Its post like these that make people what to give you a good slapping, chop your fingers off and smash any keyboard you have. Why do you feel the need to dig the club out about something like this, they are doing something to raise money for charity but you feel the need to knock them and then make some stupid remark about how many people will turn up. I hope they fill the place twice over and raise a lot of money.

I know you like to come on here to wind people up and have a bit of banter but I feel this is poor banter and just shows that you really are a twat and a man of no morals. You should be praising any club that in these hard times still find time to raise money for charity. In all you a MUG and I am guessing a person that has never put his hand in his pocket to give to a worth while charity unless you have some benefit from it yourself.

I am guessing this will be another post you ignore.

Rhodes - Its post like these that make people what to give you a good slapping

Love the Game - All I did was question the use of the word 'prestige', nothing more nothing less

• 2 weeks later...

I see that the game last Wednesday resulted in a 2-1 win for the Great Britain Deaf Team in front of the biggest attendance of the season at Coles Park:

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/index.php?p=games&s=details&ID=432961&conf=&div=

I see that the game last Wednesday resulted in a 2-1 win for the Great Britain Deaf Team in front of the biggest attendance of the season at Coles Park:

http://www.haringeyb...32961&conf==

Prestige games do usually attract larger crowds!

Horace - Well the report didn't actually say what the attendance was so it could have just beaten the previous highest by one or two spectators

Horace - Well the report didn't actually say what the attendance was so it could have just beaten the previous highest by one or two spectators

Of course it could, but it goes to show that PRESTIGE games will attract more supporters.