Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA & Ryman upto their tricks again.

I see Waltham Forest, who finished bottom of Ryman Div.1 North this season have been given a reprieve from relegation. It's wrong for a number of reasons a) because they were bottom & deserve relegation B) because the ESL have lost Enfield 1863 & Waltham Forest should replace them & c) because even if the ESL doesn't have clubs capable of filling the void left by WF & the folded Leyton FC, the SSML does in Tring Athletic & Royston Town.

Wouldn't it be far better to introduce these ambitious clubs rather than make do with perennial strugglers year in, year out.

This comes on top of both Leyton & Harlow getting reprieved last season.

Surely this is not decided by the Ryman league - this is the FA who decides.

In any case they were only saved by the likes of Leigh Genesis, Atherstone Town & Almondsbury Town resigning or being forced out of the Pyramid due to ground or grading issues.

If any of those three were to appeal (not saying they can) then Waltham Forest could still drop out as they were the last saved club I believe.

I see Waltham Forest, who finished bottom of Ryman Div.1 North this season have been given a reprieve from relegation. It's wrong for a number of reasons a) because they were bottom & deserve relegation B) because the ESL have lost Enfield 1863 & Waltham Forest should replace them & c) because even if the ESL doesn't have clubs capable of filling the void left by WF & the folded Leyton FC, the SSML does in Tring Athletic & Royston Town.

Wouldn't it be far better to introduce these ambitious clubs rather than make do with perennial strugglers year in, year out.

And very odd that Ryman Div.1 North will be 1 team lighter as managerless Ware Town are moving into the Southern Football League

the folded Leyton FC

Steve - It would appear from this thread on another's Forum that, contrary to popular belief, Leyton never folded but just withdrew from the Ryman League so they will hopefully live to fight another day albeit in a lower league and at a different venue:

http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=327852;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;guest=37100878

Here are the proposed allocations for Steps 1 to 4 for next season which are subject to further change, I tend to agree with Steve about Club's being repreived who finish in a relegation spot, it seems to be happening more and more:

http://www.thefa.com/Leagues/NationalLeagueSystem/NewsAndFeatures/2011/~/media/Files/PDF/Leagues/NLS/NLS_Restructuring_2011-12.ashx/NLS_Restructuring_2011-12.pdf

Chatham are moving from Ryman South Div 1 to Ryman North Div 1

Yes, that seems a bit ridiculous doesn't it and I'm sure there will be some objections:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=75531

And very odd that Ryman Div.1 North will be 1 team lighter as managerless Ware Town are moving into the Southern Football League

That's messed up. That's going to hurt Ware big time.

That's shocking news about Ware (although I think Horace might allow himself a wry smile ! ; - ) )

When Cheshunt were in the Southern League the travelling killed them.

That's shocking news about Ware (although I think Horace might allow himself a wry smile ! ; - ) )

When Cheshunt were in the Southern League the travelling killed them.

Indeed, I was reading about those problems back then.

When Cheshunt were in the Southern League the travelling killed them

Yes, Ware are going to struggle next season with trips to the likes of AFC Hayes, Bedfont Town, Biggleswade Town, Chalfont St Peter, Leighton Town, North Greenford United, Northwood, Slough Town and Uxbridge