Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pre-Season Training

Am i pushing players too hard if they're throwing up whilst running up the hills???

If i can do it at 34,then surely they should be able to keep up, or don't they make em like they used to? :97:

Its not all about the running special one, drills with balls is the best fitness, you dont see players running the full 90 mins, hill runnnig and long distance running is old school. You get stamina with short sharp stuff just as much and with the ball makes it harder and more enjoyable. You will find players will enjoy the sessions better and you will find more commitment......

Its not all about the running special one, drills with balls is the best fitness, you dont see players running the full 90 mins, hill runnnig and long distance running is old school. You get stamina with short sharp stuff just as much and with the ball makes it harder and more enjoyable. You will find players will enjoy the sessions better and you will find more commitment......

Last post was to the special (er) not special one my apologies.....

Edited by wgcfc

All about the interval training nowadays! MonkeyMonkey8 .... someone needs to tell Judgo! wink.gif

Us? 60 plus each session so far and still quite a few on hols. I've not been yet but quite a few new faces for the management and coaches to have a look at.

Whats the numbers been like at your pre season? I bet the have dwindled.

Only started the hills sessions Tues & Thurs & had 26 then 22. That's without the lads from Padbury who are starting 2moro.

Yes i agree that short sharp sessions with the balls is gr8 for your fitness,but the hill runs gets all the boys together & is good character building! If they don't come back,then that shows they're not prepared to grit their teeth,work hard & bust a gut for the club,then i'd rather they didn't come back!

I've done pre-seasons at pro clubs & know what works for them,so hopefully that'll rub off on the boys.