Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Predictions for the Season in Div 1

After seeing Pre season results, performances and reading transfers of players has anyones predictions changed for the Div 1 season? Amptill to win? who will be the basement boys?

After seeing Ampthill Town first hand on Thursday night I would fully expect them to be challenging for honors. Good squad of players and a very strong management team in place.

As for basement boys Tik Tok thats if they complete the season, which for them would be an achievement in itself.

As for basement boys Tik Tok thats if they complete the season, which for them would be an achievement in itself.

Why do you say that, surely that's a bit unfair as you have no idea about the current status of the Club

Why do you say that, surely that's a bit unfair as you have no idea about the current status of the Club

Ha - what a joke! Coming from someone who has an opinion about everything he knows nothing about!

Hypercite!!

Yep defo could be anyone of 6 or 7. I expect there to be 3 or 4 very poor sides at the bottom though

Nothing like spreading your bets 97.gif

Tokyngton Manor will surprise a lot of people this season!

Only bet I've got is with Rhodes I was simply agreeing it is a tough competitive div and very hard to call. However rather than just one adrift at the bottom I think there could be a few more that really struggle this season. Crawley Green, Langley, Langford, Chesh reserves, Ampthill, hoddesdon will all be scrapping up there. Stony, AmerSHAMBLES, buck Ath, Tik Tok could all be in for tough seasons. Does this meet with your approval KB? ;-))

I think if Craig Bicknell is a one man band at Ampthill Park and tries to do everything himself then he could come unstuck and results will undoubtably suffer particularly as Stuart Reynolds won't be at the Club

I think if Craig Bicknell is a one man band at Ampthill Park and tries to do everything himself then he could come unstuck and results will undoubtably suffer particularly as Stuart Reynolds won't be at the Club

What do you know about Craig or what is happening at Ampthill? Have you spoken to Steve Goodridge?

What has Stuart Reynolds got to do with anything? Have you seen the forwards now at Ampthill play? Or is this you AGAIN forming an opinion having never seen any of them play?

What do you know about anything....apart from nothing?

Dead on that. Rhodes no disrespect to Reynolds he's got ability and a decent record but can you tell me how many times he has been in a side challenging for honours? If he is such a one man team as you make out how come his sides have one nowt? In fact been nowhere near! Ampthill won't struggle for goals. Perhaps he wasn't keen on not being main man and so went elsewhere. Cranfield have got themselves a good player who will get goals and Ampthill with Coulter have one of the best in south mids as proved last season. I don't know that Reynolds has done it in Prem

What do you know about Craig or what is happening at Ampthill? Have you spoken to Steve Goodridge?

What has Stuart Reynolds got to do with anything? Have you seen the forwards now at Ampthill play? Or is this you AGAIN forming an opinion having never seen any of them play?

No4 - Do you have an involvement with Ampthill Town out of interest, all I'm asking is whether Steve Tucker will be involved next season that's all, there's no need to throw, sorry, chuck your toys out of the pram

I think Reynolds is past his best. He has no pace and the game has changed alot and that is one factor you need to be a good striker these days.

Ampthill need a fresh influx of players to get them challanging - Thats what Craig has brought just not sure how long he will let goodridge take credit for his good players.

I will like to know how many players Goodridge has brought to the squad.

Is nobody giving kentish town a shout this season? Div 1, recently relegated. kept the decent playerS and added more pace to the side as well as a couple of experienced heads which were missing last season. good structure to the club now and definitely moving in the right direction.

thoughts?

Edited by TimmyTownie1

Only bet I've got is with Rhodes I was simply agreeing it is a tough competitive div and very hard to call. However rather than just one adrift at the bottom I think there could be a few more that really struggle this season. Crawley Green, Langley, Langford, Chesh reserves, Ampthill, hoddesdon will all be scrapping up there. Stony, AmerSHAMBLES, buck Ath, Tik Tok could all be in for tough seasons. Does this meet with your approval KB? ;-))

Glad to see you are not tipping us for anything this season Winslow Boy.

Seriously was not knocking you or your post, was just having a giggle.

Not much else to do up here in the frozen wastelands of the North.

As previously stated I have been away from the SSML scene since 2000 so am really looking forward to the new season and getting back involved.

Soz forgot about Kentish, admittedly not one of my fave clubs for reasons I've gone into before mainly lee Scott and Rhodes to be fair. Yep they'll be up there too just strengthening the point that the top end of that div will be fierce

No4 - Do you have an involvement with Ampthill Town out of interest, all I'm asking is whether Steve Tucker will be involved next season that's all, there's no need to throw, sorry, chuck your toys out of the pram

You didn't actually ask that at all, Rhodes. Perhaps if you paid more attention to what you spout, your quality of input to the board might increase significantly rather than you appearing to be a hideous wart that disfigures anything decent that starts on here.

You didn't ask about Steve Tucker, you suggested that if Craig thinks he can run Ampthill as a one man band, and without your pin up boy Stuart Reynolds, that Ampthill will struggle - when in fact you don't know anything about the players that have replaced him or that are now at the club.

Edited by No4