Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ESL Results

Hookey

asmuch as bowers arnt my flavour of the month at he moment because of recent events i must say that in your first four games to play bethnal, enfield, witham and have your local derb against basildon then can you really blame bowers for a poor start? how many other teams would have got many points in that situation.......it like arsenal playing chelsea, man utd , man city and tottenham, forgive the comparison

That's 'cos there's nobody left on this forum at Bowers so Rich ain't bothering trying to get a rise.

LOL Mikey. I see Bowers have now become your foe.

When Gaffer goes back on a white steed then I might change that....

What, to lead them to another bottom 3 finish! What a messiah!

People need to get over the fact that however nice a fella mr cook is, he was proven to be a bad manager! Results don't lie.

Whatever level your at, if your a manager and finish bottom 3 for 2 seasons on the spin after being touted for a top 4 finish your gonna get the sack I'm afraid.

But I also agree with what people have been saying about Mr Warren. Another clueless numpty who will achieve exactly the same as Mr Cook did.....nothing

I like Colin, but I think the final straw for him was getting beat by your local rivals, managed by your Reserve team manager from last season, containing many players not deemed good enough for regular first team games, including the two lads that scored the five goals. I'm not surprised he walked.

As for the manner in which Colin left, I've no idea what role Mr Warren played in that and it's to Colin's credit that he hasn't come on here bad mouthing anyone.

However, one thing that cannot be disputed is the legacy that Colin has left off the pitch, the ground is looking better than it's ever done, including the dressing room area. Shame the results didn't reflect that.

With all due respect Hookey as I know you've been a supporter of bowers for many a year, a manager is not brought into the club to improve facilities. He is brought in to get the best results possible on the field with the budget/players he inherits.

The off the field business, such as ground improvements should be the responsibility of the chairman/committee.

As you said the stadium is the best it has looked for many a year, but in reality does that win you league titles ?

Imo the decision for colin cook to leave/sacked by the club has been vindicated due to his poor record as a FOOTBALL manager! The job he was brought in to do.

However the mistake they have made again, which seems to always be the case with Bowers is they have replaced him with someone no better

With all due respect Hookey as I know you've been a supporter of bowers for many a year, a manager is not brought into the club to improve facilities. He is brought in to get the best results possible on the field with the budget/players he inherits.

The off the field business, such as ground improvements should be the responsibility of the chairman/committee.

As you said the stadium is the best it has looked for many a year, but in reality does that win you league titles ?

Imo the decision for colin cook to leave/sacked by the club has been vindicated due to his poor record as a FOOTBALL manager! The job he was brought in to do.

However the mistake they have made again, which seems to always be the case with Bowers is they have replaced him with someone no better

Can't argue with any of that, just paying dues to his off the field achievements.

lol lol and lol. a bad manager? for your information here is a little info about mr cook. after winning every cup and league possible from under 16 to 18 level for concord rangers he was asked to be no.2 alongside mr crace in the concord 1st team where they finished 6 in his first season,only major loss was tilbury and hornchurch, and concord where top of the league untill xmas time, he then left for personal reasons and had a year off. on his return he was given the basildon utd job with no wage and no instructions by the board apart from dont finish bottom. he went on to lead basildon to the 4th round of the f.a vase and top of the league for the first 3 months of the season. (YES TOP OF THE LEAGUE) and the only 100% record in non league football in the whole of england.ill say that again for you, yes bas utd top ofthe league after 3 months of the season. only a disagrement with the chairman bringing this unreal run to an end. after colin left the club and they staggard down the table. colin then was very quickly snaped up by eton manor as coach and finished off the season with jenko holding there own with a mid table finish, just alittle info that people quickly forget. ;)

so after eton manor colin joined bowers and was given instructions of ryman football in 3 years, colin spent all time and money for two season on getting the ground ready and has done a great job, this was ment to be the so called BIG season but a bad start and a back stabbing no.2 has ment colin has moved on.

this post is for people ho dont remember more than 2 years ago

now this post might look like im colin biggest fan but very far from it, im jut stating a fact and giving credit where its due and the game needs people like colin so i hope to see him back in the esl very soon