Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

hertford manager

http://www.nonleague...=FULL&nid=77846

Sad news if true, always seems a nice fella, good luck to him for the future

T'is true unfortunately, further details here:

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/Sport/ODonoghue-leaves-Hertford-25082011.htm

very suprised by this, scott is a good guy who i thought had done a very good job at hertford

He is, and he has!

Cheers for the nice posts guys.

I didnt want to resign and feel upset that I had to do this but unfortunately I was unable to continue working with the new chairman.

He has an opinion on everything like most of us in football, but due to him being "chairman" he likes to apply too much pressure.

I cant have someone telling me who i should sign, what our tactics/pattern of play should be etc etc

I have put a lot of work in over the last 22 months and it is unfortunate that the board decided to appoint a Chairman who wants to interfere with my role. There are good things he is doing but the management decisions should lie with me.

I will no doubt be back soon

Good luck

Glad you've put that on record! I nearly did in my last post but it was for you to say.

Chinola - Sorry to hear of your resignation however I'm sure it won't be long before you find another Club without a Ken Bates or Doug Ellis type Chairman:

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/Sport/ODonoghue-leaves-Hertford-25082011.htm

Sad news IMO. I thought Scott did a good job - and from what i could see from my 4 games a season - there was good team spirit. OK no one wants to loose their first 3 (league) games - but it's still "early doors" as they say ...

Expectations (again IMO) should be a top half finish - which I'm sure would have been achieved

(and hopefully still will be).

Finally - A manager should have freedom to manage. Good luck Scott.

Dave L

Cheers for the nice posts guys.

I didnt want to resign and feel upset that I had to do this but unfortunately I was unable to continue working with the new chairman.

He has an opinion on everything like most of us in football, but due to him being "chairman" he likes to apply too much pressure.

I cant have someone telling me who i should sign, what our tactics/pattern of play should be etc etc

I have put a lot of work in over the last 22 months and it is unfortunate that the board decided to appoint a Chairman who wants to interfere with my role. There are good things he is doing but the management decisions should lie with me.

I will no doubt be back soon

Good luck

i would do the same mate .