Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Towners v Cheshunt 1-1

Steph

Since nobody has posted I thought that I would start it off.

I felt that we thrashed Cheshunt 1-1 and were unlucky to only draw. Remember we had the ball in the net 3 times and Stuart hit the post. If we were not creating chances I would have been disappointed with the result but the display demonstrated to me that we are not a bad side and will come good.

It seems in this league that Grays are storming it but the rest of the league is all of a muchness. We are without a win for four game (five if you count the FA cup defeat) yet we are only 4 points from third place after 8 games.

As for the Cheshunt goal. We give away too many free kicks around the box and do not defend properly against them. Jey was marking no one and it is my view that is down to inexperience. If he doesn;t know what to do when defending at set pieces it is the responsibility of the senior players to tell him. If he had been in the mix in the goal area it is possible that the ball would not have cut loose to the unmarked attacker who had a simple job to score. The goal was completely against the run of play and we did not deserve to go in at half time 1-0 down.

As for the ref and linesman at the changing room end. Words defeat me.

Some valid points Steph.

However, you mention if 'we' do not defend properly'. Surely you cannot single out just Jey for his inexperience? If 'we' cannot defend properly, then the whole of the defence should be dealing with the matter, not just one person?

I thought the better team drew! Yes, we played much better than Cheshunt and could have won. However, we played against 10 men for ages. Surely someone could have worked out how to break them down on more than one occasion?

Our goal came from a cracking delivery at a corner for Adam to meet powerfully with his head. Subsequent corners after that were either short or to someone on the ground. Why not learn from before and deliver at height?

Goals disallowed? Referees and linesmen(assistant referees) tend to give decisions based on what they see. If he sees a foul, then so be it. If he sees an offside, then again, we need to move on. It's a shame that these things happen and that people always disagree with or blame the officials. However, we all know that players make a hell of a lot mistakes than officials.

It's early days yet but the performance was a hell of a lot better than the FA Cup game. Talking to some, it was a hell of a lot better than Tuesday's game. Who would have thought Thamesmead would be were they are now?

Worrying news about the talk of thefts from the car park around half time. Has this happened before at Cheshunt?

Since nobody has posted I thought that I would start it off.

I felt that we thrashed Cheshunt 1-1 and were unlucky to only draw. Remember we had the ball in the net 3 times and Stuart hit the post. If we were not creating chances I would have been disappointed with the result but the display demonstrated to me that we are not a bad side and will come good.

It seems in this league that Grays are storming it but the rest of the league is all of a muchness. We are without a win for four game (five if you count the FA cup defeat) yet we are only 4 points from third place after 8 games.

As for the Cheshunt goal. We give away too many free kicks around the box and do not defend properly against them. Jey was marking no one and it is my view that is down to inexperience. If he doesn;t know what to do when defending at set pieces it is the responsibility of the senior players to tell him. If he had been in the mix in the goal area it is possible that the ball would not have cut loose to the unmarked attacker who had a simple job to score. The goal was completely against the run of play and we did not deserve to go in at half time 1-0 down.

As for the ref and linesman at the changing room end. Words defeat me.

Fair comments,

All the attacking play with a poor return in several games so far just show that we need a 20+ per season goal scorer up front.

Hello guy's, I thought the performance and result has been the story of our season so far. Very good football, great approach play and good hard work in between. However just missing the ingrediants to punish our opponents and thats scoring goals when on top.

Good to see Leon back he caused Cheshunt a lot of problems.

I think special praise to Lee Allen as well who I thought was outstanding in his midfield role. I think its a matter of time before we give a team a good hiding, lets hope its on Tuesday night.

I agree with the above comments that we need a ruthless striker i.e 20+ goal a season man, problem is they dont come cheap.

Spot on as usual EU....

I think Lee Allen was MOM in my opinion... Worked really hard and passed the ball simply and well.

And I really do think that once we get a bit of luck going our way we'll give a team a good hiding as well....

I am sorry if it was interpreted that I was blaming Jey. I wasn't as I thought I blamed the senior players in defence for not organising at the back and part of that organisation must be telling the less experience players what they should be doing. I dont know whether it would have been any different if Jey was part of the mix at the free kick all I know is that he was left in space out wide when all the Cheshunt players were in the box. It was clear that the kick taker was not going to pass to him! And in my view that was an obvious error but there may have been more. The guy who scored didn't seem to be marked either.

You're right EU they dont come cheap but i would say that we have a couple of goalscorers in our squad in Stuart Blackburne and Liam Hope for example. Both seem to have pretty good goalscoring records for the club in the past with one or the other reaching 20+ in the past 2 seasons. Allied to this Wallace and Osei's goals who both regularly chip in and 1 or 2 extra from midfield/set pieces and i would say the ingredients are there. Therefore where is it going wrong!!

You're right EU they dont come cheap but i would say that we have a couple of goalscorers in our squad in Stuart Blackburne and Liam Hope for example. Both seem to have pretty good goalscoring records for the club in the past with one or the other reaching 20+ in the past 2 seasons. Allied to this Wallace and Osei's goals who both regularly chip in and 1 or 2 extra from midfield/set pieces and i would say the ingredients are there. Therefore where is it going wrong!!

We are not punishing teams when we are on top, dunno why, I think they need a kick up the Jacks in that case.