Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hanworth Villa at home (FA Cup Q3 draw)

Ian

Yes a possible banana skin but it must help us that they have a league match against a higher team this coming Tuesday so will only be rested for 3 days before they meet us. I do note however that they have easily the best defence in their league conceding just 1 league goal per game so a battle between two good defences in the offing.

I suspect Wallsall felt pretty confident that Saturday 13th November over at Windsor as well.

We need to get 100% behind our team on Sat what ever happens. I believe some of our (to put it politely) loud voices will be missing apart from Warren that is!

from what i have been told and have said in another thread hanworth are a side that will kick and bite you to get a result in their favour. what some of our hot heads have to understand is that they are nullified if we do not react, we get up brush ourselves down turn to them and smile or laugh in their faces,then it will be them that get frustrated and make the mistakes to which we can take advantage of, they are sure to try and bully us to put us off our game and we just cannot let that happen.

I'm also in agreement with the above 2 posts, nothing serious abut the video and made a mockery of this stage of the FA Cup.

So when we beat Hanworth on Saturday, does that mean ESPN will then follow Slough to the 4th Qualifying Round.

Oh and that is 1 dog that needs to be put down.

Hi Guys a Hanworth poster here.

Were looking forward to the day, not just the game, Saturday. I wouldn't worry too much about our boys trying to bully you, I don't think that's our style at all. We much prefer to try and play football, although they will stand up for themselves.

As for our manager, Bobby Dawson, being nicknamed "The Dog". The first time you hear his soft Irish lilt echoing from the dugout you will understand. Our supporters have been known to sing translations of what he's saying for the benefit of those who do not speak Alsation as a first language.

From what I understand you lads have a very good support so you should get along great with our bunch. Every team in our league looks forward to our visit, it's the most their bars take each season. We have a couple of coaches coming along and, as you are only down the road, I expect quite a number to make their own way. If I had to guess I would expect that we will have between 100 & 150 there.

This is our first time in the FA Cup, and we have already done much better than we expected, so we will be treating this game as a bonus, and an excuse for a party. Look forward to meeting you all.

Oh me again,

I forgot to say the ESPN thing is a joke. We have the opinion that they are only coming down to take the p**s. Don't take any notice of them and they might go away.

Really looking forward to the game and fantastic that they are going to bring so many fans, should be our biggest 'home' gate of the season.

Just to pile on a bit more pressure on Slough this from http://therealfacup.co.uk/2011/10/12/a-break-from-the-old-routine/

'Slough Town .v. Hanworth Villa

They’ve fallen on hard times and they’ve been on here a few times this season but, once, Slough Town were a force. They’ve knocked out Wycombe, Walsall and Millwall and taken Cardiff, Orient, Reading and Macclesfield to replays. In contrast Hanworth Villa are in their inaugural FA Cup season and, with patronisation not intended, they’ve already done superbly well to get this far.'