Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Basildon Secretary happy with response to Managerial Vacancy

Basildon United's Secretary has said that he is happy with the response to the Managerial Vacancy at the club,Richard Mann says over a dozen applicants have already came forward and that despite media speculation no one is 'lined up' for the position.Interviews are expected to begin shortly.

Mann did comment that he was upset to see the former Manager describing his time at the club as a 'nightmare',"Paul Larke resigned on Sunday and both Club Director and myself wished him well for the future,to pick up the local paper this week and see Paul once again painting the club in a very negative light was disappointing to say the least'.While Mann admitted that working with the local press was essential he was at times taken aback by the number of times Paul Larke was given promiment publicity "Paul must go down as the most heavily photographed Basildon United Manager of all time,it might of been nice if he had occasionally given a name check to one of his assistants or a player, maybe he should have done that during his first interview and photo session which took place just two hours after he was given the job. I cant really comment on the two hour radio interview he gave to Gateway FM as i was busy helping Club Director preparing the pitch for the new season and only really caught the last five minutes during which he told the stations listeners that the Bees would become the 'Barcelona of the ESL' ".Mann finished by stating that he wishes Paul Larke all the best in his new role at Hullbridge and sincerely hopes that he can now move on and refrain from making anymore negative remarks about his former club Basildon United".

Haha Paul larke please turn it in.

The Barcelona of the esl........one massive difference is they win games!!!!

What sort of idiot compares an esl team to Barcelona

Looking forward to seeing some of larke's former bowers reserve players of the mighty Olympian reserve div 3 make their debuts at the bridge

Coach et 64 is in for a treat....

??? dont know why u all jumping to the conclusion that we r gonna sign any new players ?,thats very disrespectful to the players we got already who have done a magnificent job recently. I can only speak for myself but i am more than happy with the squad we have already got at the bridge,great bunch of lads,We are no diffrent from any club and if a good player becomes avaliable that we think will be an asset to us we will try to sign him regardless of who he is playing for.

Lol yeah I read that as well evidently Hullbridge use the same match balls as Bowers so I must have nicked them pmsl the fact that both clubs use permanant marker pens on their footballs didnt come into it,The person concerned didnt mention the PA system that I left at the club which belongs to me or the gym equipment that I donated,or the approx £150,000 of work i did for free convinient that pmsl

This is why football managers manage the team Budda not ground maintenance

I'm sure you wouldn't catch Craig Edwards or the like building new changing rooms etc

I'm sure this has been a lesson learned for you

It seems to have worked as you seem to be picking up results at the bridge something you failed to do in your time at Bowers

Who has accused you of stealing equipment might I ask?

I can say for sure that one thing BBB isn't is a thief !

Maybe a crap manager but not a thief ! Hi Col x

Concords manager is hardly setting the RPL alight is he.

No proper struggling ! Only got two promotions and a nearly play off in prem in three years !

See Rumturd are setting the world alight as usual, how's the new stadium ? Lol

I can say for sure that one thing BBB isn't is a thief !

Maybe a crap manager but not a thief ! Hi Col x

Concords manager is hardly setting the RPL alight is he.

No proper struggling ! Only got two promotions and a nearly play off in prem in three years !

See Rumturd are setting the world alight as usual, how's the new stadium ? Lol

Romturd,new stadium,don't make me laugh,they are letting people in free nowadays because they can't attract any of their own fans