Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What do we do???

That was hard work watching that last night against a team who were there for the taking and by a heavy defeat!!! Frustrated and disappointed is an understatement as to how I feel right now and if changes arent made soon mid table mediocrity is all we will be playing for this season at best! I dont believe in digging out certain players or criticising tactics or formations on here and as supporters we should be getting behind the team more than anything right now but seriously, that was a shambles last night!!!

Whilst I don't like criticising tactics etc, it's clear that playing one up front does not work at home (or on the road for that matter) and that changes are needed quickly.

I'm not sure why we changed the winning second-half team from Saturday - I know we had a few injuries, but only one player who played on Saturday was unavailable for last-night.

We've got two players in recently to fill gaps: Asante and Spendlove, yet Asante is confined to the bench and Spendlove (best player last night) comes off after an hour! What's the point in getting new players if we let them rot? I understand that Gonella has left the club for the exact reason.

It's clear that something is going wrong. We have a fantastic squad of players that I'm sure most managers at this level would love to have available to them - we're not hitting our potential and don't look 'up for it'.

This season looks like it could be a backwards step from last year. I've never been this negative before (I'm usually the optimist!), but this season doesn't look promising.

At least we're consistent in one thing: making bad teams look good!

Saturday is a big, big game. We need to be out in numbers getting behind the players as they need the '12th man' now more than ever! COME ON CANVEY.

Oh, and how bad was that linesman yesterday?! The blatant trip in the area on West was the most embarrassing lack of decision I've ever seen!

I agree with both that was a terrible result but a fair one on the second half, was a very frustrating game to watch. Once again the level of refereeing didn't help (can't be blamed for result) I thought it was a certain pen, how the linesman didn't give it was outrageous never mind the ref! No disrespect to Hastings but we really should have beaten them at home on there current form.

Something needs to change hopefully a cup win on Saturday can lift the mood a little and change the tide. Although overall we're not having a bad season just a poor run, compared to the same point last season we're 2 points better off, still playing in 3 cups so things aren't that bad.... are they?

Need to get behind the team COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!!

Was poor last night but Hastings deserved their win. They played some excellent football and looked fitter than us especially in the last 15 minutes.

We never got control of the midfield and badly missed Game and Dobinson. We had nobody who could win the ball and then distribute it.

Defensively we were awful. Lost count of the amount of times we dallied on the ball and got caught in possession or were too slow to react to a situation.

After beating Wealdstone, a win in this fixture would have put us right back into it. Already the season seems to be drifting away.

We badly need to get on a good run of results and soon.

I agree overall with the comments although we seem to be saying the same things over and over again!!. I thought that we had a good first half and with a 1-0 lead we would go on and score more goals and get the 3 points. We seemed very slow off the blocks at the start of the second half and they seemed more up for it. When we did start playing it was the long ball over the top again, which was ineffective.

The new signing looks good and hopefully he can settle in the team quickly and we can start getting the results.

Lets get behind the team on Saturday for what will be a hard game, but is winnable.

Come on You YELLOWS

Gaffer poses a very good question...what are we going to do?

I agree with all the comments posted above, Tuesday's game was a difficult game to watch and frankly a waste of £10.

At times, it looks to me like there are players out there who don't want to be there, I'm not going to be foolish enough to name any names but I think it's clear for everyone to see that there are not 11 players who are giving it their all to win the match. Obviously, I can see some players who are giving it everything to try and win the game but I just don't think everyone else is!

Personally, I would be happy if I knew that everyone was giving 100% even if it meant we didn't always win because at least we could say we were giving it our best shot but right now I don't think we are!

Going forward is our main weakness, in my opinion, we're not attacking the box or scoring any goals!! We're supposed to be a team aiming for promotion...at this rate we'll be lucky to obtain a mid-table position.

I would really like to know why we bother getting someone like Kyle Asante on loan for him to mostly sit on the bench and only come on here and there. He looks like a decent striker and scored a hat-trick last week! I understand his loan spell with us is almost up so why didn't we make better use of him!?

Another player is Antonio Gonella, looked like a decent player to me and could've been an asset to this club but again he wasn't given the game time and so has left us to try his luck somewhere else and we have probably missed out on a decent player yet again and who can blame him for doing so?!

Spendlove looks to be a decent player, did really well on Tuesday considering it was his first game, so fingers crossed that he's going to help us move onwards and upwards. No pressure haha!

I wouldn't ever lose my faith in this club and will continue to come and watch week in, week out but sometimes it would be nice to feel like we're getting something back for all the faith, loyalty and support that we put in. However, I do fear that unless changes are made, be it players, tactics, formations...whatever, we are going to let our season fade away and none of us, players, management and fans alike, want that to happen.

Saturday is a new game and a massive one at that! We need to get behind the boys big time and hope that we see an improvement on Tuesday's game. A decent trophy win will hopefully boost everyones spirits and set us on the roll that we need!

Edited by Lauren