Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Southend Manor v Bethnal Green Utd

The ref and one linesman were appalling. So bias it it was embarrassing. Would like to know why the excellent linesman we had Wednesday who was meant to be ref for this game was pulled from our game and a local official given the game, especially as he knew their players by name and was talking to their fans as well. When the ref looks around after both goals blatantly trying to find a reason not to give the goals you know there is something wrong. Then the ref discusses with the linesman a Southend Manor offside that was about 5 yards to see if he has to disallow the Manor goal. Absolute joke. A shame because the last 4/5 games the officials have been excellent. Nearly forgot the elbow right in front of the ref who said it was an accident. Yeah right, tell that to the player who's tooth was damaged.

The ref and one linesman were appalling. So bias it it was embarrassing. Would like to know why the excellent linesman we had Wednesday who was meant to be ref for this game was pulled from our game and a local official given the game, especially as he knew their players by name and was talking to their fans as well. When the ref looks around after both goals blatantly trying to find a reason not to give the goals you know there is something wrong. Then the ref discusses with the linesman a Southend Manor offside that was about 5 yards to see if he has to disallow the Manor goal. Absolute joke. A shame because the last 4/5 games the officials have been excellent. Nearly forgot the elbow right in front of the ref who said it was an accident. Yeah right, tell that to the player who's tooth was damaged.

What an absolutely ridiculous post, by someone who obviously has no idea about officiating a football match!

Do you honestly think any ESL ref gives a damn which team wins? I lives approx 20 miles from Southend and 25 miles from Bethnal Green, so hardly local to Manor eh? During the game i spoke to a couple of players by first name...one of them Bethnal Green! And 'Wow' I knew one of the Southend Manor supporters...so what?

You'll also find that after any goal is scored, the first thing any decent ref will do is look to his assistant for confirmation that the goal was good and there were no infringements. (As I said you obviously don't know anything about refereeing).

Yes, your player did accidentally get an elbow in the mouth...but that's what happens when you foul a player by pulling him back towards you.

The only thing that is embarrassing is your post.

Truth is...Beth Green outplayed Southend Manor and totally deserved the win. It was a hard fought game, but both teams were very professional and played the game in a great spirit without any bad tackles. It was a pleasure to ref a game and not once have to resort to cautioning anyone.

The Ref

Where I have heard this before?all old news to me Jenko.nothing surprises me anymore....

Coach et 64 I have not been on this site for long but I think you are an absolute idiot. Some of the garbage you put on this site is disgraceful . It is more akin to someone with mental issues. I appreciate sometimes you are only responding to others ; but the way you slag off others is bordering on moronic- you are simply an idiot without any intelligence whatsoever. I for one ,am glad I have never met you. As for Jenko putting something like that about a referee he should be taken to task by the league . Good on the ref for responding. Sadly ref, Jenko epitomises the type of idiot that frequents the ESL level of the game. You are a pair of morons and the sport is better off without idiots like you!.

Edited by Stop Whinging

Don't forget Jenko was pointing out what a poor performance that ref had.He also praised the previous ones he had in the games before Saturday.Remember this criticism comes from a team that won 2-0 away.The referee(if is really the ref)showed how touchy he can be and should never forget that in football and as a ref as well you have to learn to take constructive criticism.Coming on here(again if he is the real one)forgot that basic rule.Managers take criticism right left and centre and they still know how to handle and personally when I made a mistake of judgement on a player or else I have been the first one to put my hands up and learn from it.As far as I'm concerned the REF could be anyone from Manor the same as STOP WHINGING.Same problem again....cowards hiding behind usernames because they haven't got the balls to tell who they are.this is the reason this forum is slowly dying.No worthy chipping in there are better and safe forums out there.Cheerio. ps:on a proper forum STOP WHINGING would have been banned for what he posted.Thats the difference...

I doubt Zed is the ref but for what it's worth here is my reply. I justified my comments on the two officials on Saturday by saying the last 4/5 games we have had excellent officials. And note I said 2 not all 3 officials were bad. I think that is a measured approach. When the ref looked at the linesman it didn't appear to be a quick look but a prolonged stare. Maybe that was just me but I have seen hundreds of games and the ref looked for a considerable amount of time. Maybe the ref could answer the question why he spoke with the linesman when he gave a Southend Manor goal offside when there were 3 players at least 2 yards offside? The linesman I thought was poor also gave 2 offsides when both both BGU forwards were onside. I know that because I was right behind him after treating the players. I also find it incredible that the ref justified the elbow, well I knew that because he never took any action against the player. Yes the BGU player was pulling the Manor player from behind. However he then aimed his elbow backwards to get the player off him. Deliberate and a red card? Maybe Zed doesn't know the rules. Also maybe the ref could answer why he gave 14 decisions against BGU on the trot?. And Zed you spoke to the Manor players by name and more than one of their supporters.

Anyway I thought I would make my comments after we had won so I couldn't be accused of sour grapes. What reason to I have to lie? We won!

• 3 months later...

Was just wondering if this was the same ref who officiated at last night's Southend Manor v Enfield game ?- the gripes would be pretty much the same and the scenarois just seem uncannily familiar, Would be interesing to find out as had a big impact on what was a keenly contested, competitive game when he wasn't taking centre stage.

Thanks for checking Roons either way his performance and attitude left a very poor taste in the mouth but little you can do aside from putting in an official report. Hopefully the Assesor will hold him accountable for some decisions that bewildered (both teams at times) but particularly Enfield as the game wore on and the decions became more and more blatantaly one sided and farcial ie bringing game back 60 yards and giving indirect free kicks for dissent inside the penalty area even though facing the other way when alledged comments made, doing the same thing in the 94th minute and giving Southend a free kick on the bye line from which they not surprisingly scored the winner (lino didn't have a clue why) and most balatantly of all allowing a Southend player to lead with his elbow, get up and strike the Enfield Centre half round the face as he called the pair over and still only give him a yellow.

Its funny I have gone from saying the majority of refs have been good this season to over the last few games thinking maybe I was being overly nice. On Saturday the 3 officials done ok but at times their decisons left everyone wondering what the hell was going on. Luckily us and Basildon had a great day of banter and played football in the right way. Both benches could laugh together at the decisions. Our goal seemed offside but I won't complain because we have had some bad decisions against us these past few weeks. I must say, and this has been going on for some time, that whenever I have played or been coach against Southend Manor the officials always seem to be very, very bias in their favour. I hope that opinion carries some weight because I complained earlier in the season after we won there 2-0 so I couldn't be accused of sour grapes.

I DO NOT KNOW THIS REF'S NAME BUT I HAVE ONLY ENCOUNTERED HIM AT SOUTHEND ON PREVIOUS OCCASIONS.THE TONE WAS SET FROM THE START. THE MAJORITY OF THE ENFIELD TEAM ARRIVED LATE DUE TO HEAVY TRAFFIC ON SEVERAL OF THE MAJOR ROADS IN FROM LONDON.IN MY OPINION THE SOUTHEND MANAGEMENT WERE BEING A BIT TOO BUSY IN KEEPING AN EYE ON HOW MANY PLAYERS ENFIELD HAD AT THE GAME RATHER THAN THERE OWN TEAM AND INFLUENCING THE FACT THAT THE GAME SHOULD BE KICKED OFF AS SOON AS MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS WERE MET. DESPITE REPEATED REQUESTS TO DELAY THE KICK OFF A LITTLE (IE EVEN BY 7/8 MINUTES) THE REF WOULD NOT BE MOVED. AS A RESULT THE MAJORITY OF THE ENFIELD SIDE KICKED OFF THE GAME WITH LITTLE OR NO WARM UP AND COULD EASILY HAVE SUSTAINED AVOIDABLE INJURIES.THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NO COMPROMISE FROM THE REF AND CERTAINLY NO MAN MANAGEMENT IN JUSTIFYING HIS COURSE OF ACTION AND CONVEYING THIS CLEARLY TO ALL CONCERNED.