Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures & Results (Tuesday 10th & Wednesday 11th January)

How depressing watching that rubbish haringey was simply brilliant and we were poor! 6-1 deserved could of been more if keeper didn't make 3 good saves simply poor!!!

A report on the rout last night:

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/index.php?p=games&s=details&ID=723751&conf=&div=

How depressing watching that rubbish haringey was simply brilliant and we were poor! 6-1 deserved could of been more if keeper didn't make 3 good saves simply poor!!!

A report on the rout last night:

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/index.php?p=games&s=details&ID=723751&conf=&div=

A thoroughly dominating performance by Haringey United just crumbled and there was no urgency about them. Could be a tough end of season in the league for them.

(Chesham United Reserves v Leverstock Green)

CHESHAM UNITED RESERVES:- Weatherill, Leach, Holt, Moran, Coverley, Rolfe, Elange, Bambury, Dizon, Viney, Akin.

(Subs): Reeve, Gill, Dabbs, Okerisi, Tabi.

LEVERSTOCK GREEN:- Tasker, Bircham, Culaj, Shadbolt, West, Hallissey, Insley, Grant, Vranceanu, Griggs, Owusu-Akonor.

(Subs): Pritchard, Biggi, Hutchins, Tinsley.

GOAL 10': Chesham United Reserves 0 Leverstock Green 1. Corner headed away to edge of box but Paul Insley drills into the corner of the net,

GOAL 21': Chesham United Reserves 1 Leverstock Green 1. Sweeping move down the right and Toby Akin nets from close range, but strong protests for offside.

HALF TIME - Chesham United Reserves 1 Leverstock Green 1

GOAL 86': Chesham United Reserves 1 Leverstock Green 2 - Griggs slips it through to Pritchard who finishes superbly!

RESULT Chesham United Reserves 1 Leverstock Green 2

Edited by Karen Browne

Welwyn Garden City 0 Bedford 2

HALF TIME - Welwyn Garden City 0 Bedford 3

RESULT - Welwyn Garden City 0 Bedford 7

Edited by Karen Browne

LEVERSTOCK GREEN:- Tasker, Bircham, Culaj, Shadbolt, West, Hallissey, Insley, Grant, Vranceanu, Griggs, Owusu-Akonor.

(Subs): Pritchard, Biggi, Hutchins, Tinsley.

No Kevin Gallen again then

LEAGUE CHALLENGE TROPHY Fourth Round

1-2 Chesham United Reserves v Leverstock Green (Attendance 91)

(H): Toby Akin (21m).

(A): Paul Insley (6m), Lewis Pritchard (85m).

DIVISION ONE

0-7 Welwyn Garden City v Bedford (Attendance 55)

(A): Chris Johnson (8m, 10m, 60m, 90m), Ian Thorne (43m), Glen Tumulty (80m), Jason Layne (83m).

SOUTH MIDLANDS FLOODLIT CUP (RESERVE SECTION) First Round

1-3 Cockfosters Reserves v Oxhey Jets Reserves

DIVISION ONE

0-7 Welwyn Garden City v Bedford (Attendance 55)

(A): Chris Johnson (8m, 10m, 60m, 90m), Ian Thorne (43m), Glen Tumulty (80m), Jason Layne (83m).

For report see http://www.whtimes.co.uk/sport/football/misery_for_welwyn_garden_city_as_they_are_thumped_at_home_to_bedford_1_1175413

I see from another's Forum that there were quite a few so called groundhoppers at Herns Lane last night:

http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=377539;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;guest=57776798

4-0 Tring Athletic v Bletchley Town

A report from another's Forum:

SSML Challenge Cup - Quarter Final

Tring Athletic 4 Vs. 0 Bletchley Town

Admission: £5

Attendance: 80

Tring controlled the game from start to finish, winning comfortably and could have had three times as many, without really running rings around Bletchley. The score was 2-0 at half time with the first coming from a penalty. Tring became more dominant in the second half, adding another two goals to the scoreline. The third goal was a very good goal coming from an excellent pass over the top of Bletchley's defence. The fourth was another penalty.

Bletchley didn't coat themselves in glory. As the match wore on they became more and more frustrated and, especially in the second half, fouled the opposition almost every time they made a tackle. The ref was on top of it and doled out a couple of yellow cards before an inevitable red card. The Bletchley team and bench spent most of the match swearing at officials, moaning about that they weren't being given anything. I thought the referee did a decent job, but a couple of extra yellow cards for a couple of challenges would've been nice.

I'd never been to Tring, but I quickly found out that it's one of those towns that has it's station miles from the town itself. The walk to TAFC is an easy one, but hazardous - it's unlit most of the way. I had to dodge cyclists on the shared use path, but I finally made it to the ground twenty minutes until kick off in one piece. The ground is rather decent. There's obviously been money spent, especially in the clubhouse block. I actually used the clubhouse, which is a rareity for me and was pleased to see real cider on tap (Weston's Stowford Press), though I didn't drink. There's hard standing all the way around the pitch with cover behind one goal and a wonderful wooden stand along the near-side, which is where I spent the game. Friendly locals, decent crowd, nice ground, not a bad game... worthy trip.