Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

PC David Rathband - RIP

I see that David Rathband, the PC unceremoniously shot in the face by Raoul Moat in July 2010 has sadly committed suicide:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/mar/01/policeman-raoul-moat-found-dead

It’s strange that there is still a sort of ‘enigma’ attached to Raoul Moat who, macabrely, still holds ‘cult status’ in some quarters particularly in his native North East.

Eastside Urchin - You may recall it was highlighted on the closed Raoul Moat thread following his death, a lot of people felt Moat was harshly treated

Harshy treated ?

In my day..........................

Lets just say that he would have found the journey up and down the stairs to the cell block exceedingly hazardous - MANY TIMES !

Yes apologies, the actual funeral took place today at Stafford Crematorium, RIP:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2116321/Hundreds-turn-funeral-PC-David-Rathband-including-estranged-wife-Kath.html

PC Rathband should have taken a leaf out of Ben Parkinson's book, the brave Lance Bombardier left with the worst injuries of any soldier to survive a Taliban bomb and who was in a coma after his legs, back, hips and ribs were all smashed to smithereens when his landrover hit a mine in Afghanistan. He could have taken the easy way out and cowardly ended it all however has amazed doctors who said that he would never walk again.

Raoul Moat's devastated Father recently told that David Rathband may well have sparked his beloved son's actions when a year before the shooting he impounded Moat's trailer when he over-zealously questionned whether Moat's insurance covered him to carry scrap, Rathband impounded the trailer when if descretion had been used he may still be alive today, it was later clarified Moat's trailer was correctly insured.

Oh dear. When I honestly believed you no longer had the capacity to sink any lower Rhodes you still have the ability to prove me wrong.

Loosely - How do you mean, I'm only quoting from a recent newspaper article and you have to say that Raoul Moat's Father has a valid point

Oh dear. When I honestly believed you no longer had the capacity to sink any lower Rhodes you still have the ability to prove me wrong.

My gast is well and truly flabbered.

Loosely - How do you mean, I'm only quoting from a recent newspaper article and you have to say that Raoul Moat's Father has a valid point

I would like to see a link to this article that you claim to be "only" quoting. Otherwise we will have to believe that your usual editorial zeal is responsible for your seeming lack of any human decency.

Perhaps you can also place a link to the article that states that PC Rathband should have taken a leaf out of Ben Parkinson's "book". Or if perhaps just your opinion you can tell us all how you have coped with similar personal injuries which give you an insight into dealing with such losses.

But then again, you probably won't bother.

I would like to see a link to this article that you claim to be "only" quoting. Otherwise we will have to believe that your usual editorial zeal is responsible for your seeming lack of any human decency

Loosely – Here’s is one of many articles on the subject, you only needed to look on-line yourself. You have to admit that Raoul Moat’s Father has a valid point as clearly his son felt that David Rathband had it in for him:

http://news1.ghananation.com/international/241914-david-rathband-funeral-raoul-moat-s-father-says-pc-was-no-hero-and-was-unkind-to-his-son.html

I would like to see a link to this article that you claim to be "only" quoting. Otherwise we will have to believe that your usual editorial zeal is responsible for your seeming lack of any human decency

Loosely – Here’s is one of many articles on the subject, you only needed to look on-line yourself. You have to admit that Raoul Moat’s Father has a valid point as clearly his son felt that David Rathband had it in for him:

http://news1.ghanana...to-his-son.html

For the benefit of us all, here is the article from Rhodesy's helpful link "Ghana Nation" no less, obviously renowned the world over and the envy of The Times, The Telegraph, New York Times and The Washington Post:-

Chance meeting: PC David Rathband, who impounded Moat's trailer a year before the killer's shooting spree

On the eve of PC David Rathband's funeral, Raoul Moat's father said the policeman blinded in the gunman's spree may have added to his son's hatred of the police.

Peter Blake told how, during a chance meeting between Moat and PC Rathband a year before the shootings of July 2010, the bouncer had been stopped and questioned about whether he was insured to carry scrap metal in his trailer.

PC Rathband then impounded the vehicle, which Moat, who also worked as a panel beater and tree surgeon, used for his business.

Mr Blake told the Sun: 'It served to confirm in Raoul's troubled mind that the police were persecuting him.

'Perhaps if discretion had been used it might have demonstrated to Raoul all police weren't out to get him.'

The 70-year-old, who walked out on Moat at birth and never knew his son, also said PC Rathband, 44, was not a hero.

The policeman was blinded when Moat, who was on the run after shooting his ex-girlfriend Samantha Stobbart, 22, and killing her boyfriend Chris Brown, 29, fired twice at his patrol car on a roundabout above the A1 in Newcastle upon Tyne.

So Mr Blake did not call PC Rathband "Over-zealous" or claimed that PC Rathband was in error when impounding Moat's trailer which was not insured as you did Rhodesy, so not "only quoting" verbatim Cliffy but "editorialising then.

Perhaps we can all note that Mr Blake did not, as you did blame PC Rathband for his own demise in the phrase (and I quote directly from the article "It served to confirm in Raoul's troubled mind that the police were persecuting him."

Now moving on we await with baited breath your expertise on the suffering from injuries that gives you an insight into criticising a man who took his own life because he had not taken a leaf from someone else's "book".

Can't wait...

............Read to the bottom of the newspaper article.....

Moats 'Father' walked out on him when he was a child.

Maybe Moats father should ask himself what the hell he did bringing Moat into the world in the first place.

..... anything to earn a bob or two from the press, no doubt !

Big JR - The thing is it's all coming out in the press now isn't it that PC Rathband was by no means whiter than white prior to his unfortunate confrontation with Raoul Moat, where he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and, which resulted in him being shot in his Police car. Just the fact that he impounded Moat's trailer indicates he was one of these arrogant jobsworth PC’s you see all too frequently whereas he could have just as easily given Moat the benefit of the doubt and sent him on his merry way particularly as the wilds of Northumberland isn't exactly Central London.

Case for the Defence according to Rhodesy:-

The Victim, one PC Rathband had made the mistake, all his own fault of....being in the wrong place at the wrong time. In addition The Devious and Underhand PC Rathband was known to my Client, The Cherub of Northumberland (also deceased) since he had previously dealt with him under a Moving Vehicle Violation. Further this is not the BIG City but the Countryside where Villains..ah hem... sorry your Lordship, a sip of water and I'll carry on...My Client a law abiding rapscallion should be let off for not having the required paperwork with a slap on the hand for these sorts of thingys..er...ah hem...

The Rhodesy School of Common Sense and Law (Queens Counsel Mincer) case rests...ah hem...rests...er...