Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tank End Talk - Episode 5

Gareth - you apologised for the slightly shorter episode but do not need to do so - the quality of conversation (despite the background winds at times) was very good. A special mention to Eddie, whose lucid and knowledgable contribution was excellent.

I think he and Steve Battams summed up perfectly what has been a transitional season from a supporters' point of view. I am very sad to see Marlow's plight, if only for Steve Croxford who is an immense character. I only went to Marlow once (when my three accompanying lads were so young I missed out on their legendary beer!) and it was a nice friendly place to visit. Let's hope they manage to regain their place in a higher level if they do go down (which seems inevitable).

The thing that I think we have benefitted from this season is the respect and accessibility of the players and the team management (the Committee and other officials have always been first class). It was great to see Scott Weight in the tangerine stripes again. The feel good factor around the club is excellent. I am looking forward to Easter Monday and Fleet Town as it may be my last game this season, depending on ticket availability for the Super Saints' last game!?!?!

Thanks again Gareth and Eddie for your efforts.

What the hell am I doing up at this time of morning?

Thanks, Keith.

I won't be able to hear this episode until tonight, but it was unusual to put it mildly. Lilly was a bit adventurous at the time, so we started recording on the training ground hoping she'd stay on the grass, only for Lilly to dart into the cark park and onto the patio. A fair chunk of the interview consisted of Gareth asking me a question and then handing me the MP3 while he ran after Lilly, trusting me not to say anything rude or controversial!

I'd roped Graham (Excalibur) along in the hopes he'd join in but he didn't fancy it, and neither did the other lads I asked in the clubhouse. It would be beneficial if one or two others had a go at the punditry - I really don't want it to turn into The Eddie Show and people will get bored of my voice and 'analysis' if they haven't already. ^_^

Eddie - never boring to hear your views. Like myself, perhaps others feel under-informed and under-qualified to offer opinions and analysis. After a career myself avoiding very occasional media interviews at Hounslow and Brent Councils (including one with the lovely Natalie Pinkham (what sort of fool am I??)), I think I am happy to continue the trend. You are a natural!

Maybe a future podcast could be conducted in the ground with the shelter of the stands to avoid the wind noise, but maybe not possible due to comms?

I enjoy the Tank end Talks. It adds to the club and its always interesting to here peoples views especially someone like Ed who has a good knowledge of the game.

Beano,

could they not be recorded in the club superstore?

Not when Lilly's running around like a loon and her Mum's at home fetching a printer cable, they can't!

The shop and the stand are both viable locations, except that sometimes I have to grab interviews (especially with players and management) as I see them, so it can be a case of grabbing people as I see them.

I hadn't thought of the shop (possibly because we usually record with a pint to hand to avoid 'dry throat' :lol:) but it's worth considering