Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

venue for league cup final

is that true.

No wonder people are starting to look at the Essex Senior League as a joke.This decision is just farcical,mainly for the fact that Enfield is not actually in Essex.

Perhaps the Kent league will play their cup final in Rye because its just over the border or even tilbury because its linked by a ferry for foot passengers

Edited by Eastside Urchin

sadly it is indeed true

A decision made even worse by the fact it will be contested by Witham Town & Burnham Ramblers, not exactly on their doorstep.

This just sums up everything about the morons running football in the county.

From the Essex FA down to the Senior League it is run by stupid morons who have never played the game but know how to milk the expenses and make ridiculous decisions.

If this match was publicised,it's the sort of match I would go to at the end of the season but not if it's in fckng Hertfordshire/nth London or Middlesex,wherever Enfield actually is nowadays

Absolutely bloody ridiculous. It's not as if there is a shortage of suitable grounds near Witham or Burnham. Braintree, Chelmsford,Maldon & Heybridge could have all hosted the game & not only are they closer, but better grounds as well.

No wonder, people look on the ESL as a joke !

I agree it is not the best ground logistically for both sides but the final is always played at a ground from within the ESL, I presume as there isn't any charge applied to the ESL by a member club, where as I presume a club from another league would charge.

Also at the time of choosing the ground I believe they look at the four semi-finalists and then try to pick a suitable one for all four teams. I reckon they were hoping Takeley & Barking would progress to the final LOL

I know I'd rather play it at Enfield though then Southend Manor or Basildon

It's had a lot of rain on it but it does hold up well. I haven't been up there for a few weeks but the game we played there two weeks ago it was immaculate

It's had a lot of rain on it but it does hold up well. I haven't been up there for a few weeks but the game we played there two weeks ago it was immaculate

Cheers mate.

The pitch was in excellent condition for this time of the season, especially after all the Cup Finals that were played on it at the weekend and torrential downpour during the game. Hats off to the groundstaff.

Thanks I will let Shaun know - how did you get on ???

Won 0-2. Your ressies are a very young side, full of talent and quite technical, though they tended to overplay at times instead of getting the ball into the box and putting our keeper under pressure in the slippery conditions. I just think our older more experienced players played to the conditions better.

Absolutely bloody ridiculous. It's not as if there is a shortage of suitable grounds near Witham or Burnham. Braintree, Chelmsford,Maldon & Heybridge could have all hosted the game & not only are they closer, but better grounds as well.

No wonder, people look on the ESL as a joke !

I reckon the choice of ground is something to do with the ESL secretary living nearby ;)

The E S L have made a very poor decision when Bowers or Basildon would have made more sence . Didn't the alter ego's of Enfield Townies host a final there once ? It rings a bell in the back of my mind somewhere . But perhaps I;m wrong .

The E S L have made a very poor decision when Bowers or Basildon would have made more sence . Didn't the alter ego's of Enfield Townies host a final there once ? It rings a bell in the back of my mind somewhere . But perhaps I;m wrong .

no The Shadow Enfield/Enfield Town have never hosted a league cup final, anyway i see you're a MK Dons supporter so apart from making that point really dont wish to engage in discussion with you,sorry im sure youre a nice enough bloke but MK Dons? shame on you.