Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Exeter game. Some info & a request

Graham S

I am co-ordinating this game with a four day short break on Dartmoor (though not strictly at Her Majesty's Pleasure.) Whilst I'm confident of witnessing a famous Fleet victory, the possibility remains that we might draw. I return on the Tuesday following the game. If there is a replay, do I have to set off early enough to make it back to Northfleet, or is it scheduled for the following week?

If anyone else fancies making a weekend of it, within Exeter itself, The Great Western Hotel, a Mecca for real ale enthusiasts (01392 274039) has B & B accommodation on both the friday & Saturday: singles, £44, doubles £68. I see Exeter are allowing us to use their bar, but for a pub drink before or after the game, The Brook Green in Well Street (01392 495699) right next to the ground, which I remember from my student days, has an excellent entry in The Good Beer Guide.

Replies re. the date of any possible replay much appreciated.

Graham S

No doubt Dave Web will confirm....but I would imagine it would be the Wednesday after rather than the week after that ( if that makes sense ?)...as all the other qualifying rounds have had the replay the

following week....I think it's only when you get in the "big" rounds that replays get put back a week ?...and if I remember correctly this was to give the police time to arrange the relevant cover, vis a vis attendance at the game to control the crowd....or nowadays to buy more film for their cameras !!

Cheers,

elephant.gif