Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

BAD NEWS!

For some bizarre reason ESSO have decided to cut down all of the conifer trees on their side of the fence, exposing the tanks even more!

It looks terrible!

We need to get some Aldershot style adverts on a scaffold to block it out.

Nightmare!

Daft question, but how much would it cost, and how diificult would planning permission be, for wooden panel fences to be placed next to the wire mesh fence to block the eyesore out at least at ground level?

Would it also be feasible, if funds were ever available, to effectively double the Tank End's capacity by adding one step of terracing, and maybe put up a simple cover that end, e.g a corrugated iron roof secured to metal poles next to the Esso fence and on the spectators' side of the perimeter wall?

I realise there are far more important things that need paying for, but I just thought I'd ask.

Probably an even dafter thought, but perhaps Esso could erect some Aldershot style hoardings on their side of the fence, advertising their company and showing support for their footballing neighbours. I am sure they could afford it without causing a major problem for the price of crude (oil)!

They have been good enough to return stray match balls over the years and I am sure they would not be insulted by an approach.