Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Windsor v Didcot

HP9

Their website says:

Didcot FC wrote:Mudge Resigns At Didcot

Dave Mudge has resigned as First Team manager at Evo-Stik League Southern South & West Division Didcot Town.

Citing personal reasons for his decision, Mudge had been Didcot manager for almost a year after taking over from Francis Vines a few weeks into the 2011-12 season. He managed to steer Didcot away from the relegation zone, the club eventually finishing in 16th place, but his most notable achievement with the Railwaymen was taking them to the First Round proper of the FA Trophy. It was the furthest the club has ever gone in the competition and included memorable victories at Worthing and a 3-1 win at Conference South Bromley along the way.

Explaining his reasons for departure Mudge said: "Firstly I want to thank Didcot Town FC for the opportunity of being First Team manager since September 2011. But it is with great sadness that today I have reached a decision to resign from the post with immediate effect. The main reason is the impact it is having on my business. The journey from my home to training is a 110 mile round trip and that also has become a factor as is the time I'm away from my family. I have given a lot of thought to this in the last few days and is not a knee-jerk or rash decision. I hope everyone respects my reasons to leave and again I thank the club and everyone connected with it for the great time I've had. I wish Didcot Town a successful season and hope they go from strength to strength."

Didcot Town Chairman John Bailey: "I'd like to thank Dave for his efforts while at the football club; he came to us at a difficult time last season when we were rock bottom of the league. He turned things round with passion and in a hugely positive way and we are extremely grateful for his hard work and dedication over the past year. We wish him well in the future."

An interim management team of ex-Fulham, Swindon Town and Wimbledon star Gary Elkins alongside Richard Peirson and Ian Concannon have been asked to cover first team affairs while the club considers its' options for the remainder of the campaign

Strange that travelling to and from Didcot should all of a sudden be a problem. Wouldn't the amount of travelling have been the same when Mudge initially took the gig? As with most things in life, there is more behind this than has been reported. Cue the conspiracy theorists!

Archived