Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Keith Scotts Observer comments

Tango Man

Bit saddened by Keiths 'lack of ambition' comment in the paper. Yes it was a 2 year project but that was dependent on other revenue streams coming onboard. As the time span is proving much longer than Kevin anticipated, as he readily admits, things had to change. Very easy for managers, players to find another club if clubs go bust due to spending over the odds but it's left to others to pick up the pieces

Yeah, I thought that when I saw the headline but although it's probably inferred he doesn't actually say that Windsor FC / Kevin Stott lack ambition. In a relatively lengthy piece quotes can be strung together to look a little stronger than they actually were intended.

What he DOES say however is that he respects Stott's decision.

The thing is, you have to see all sides of this - the players and management HAVE got a right to feel let down, but Kevin HAS got the right to do exactly what he wants with his own money.

So far, although disgruntlement has been expressed publicly by Rob, Ryan and Scott everyone has remained respectful.

Mind you, they still have a game to play - maybe gloves will be off next week!

It's easy to play for a football club and say all the right things when you are getting paid decent money. These players and management team have been lucky to be involved with Windsor FC / Windsor & Eton when they were paying the highest playing budget in the clubs history. Lets see how many keep playing for Windsor FC over the next month as not all these players will have agreed terms with other clubs immediately. So next week and the week after I would have thought 5 or six players would still be playing until they found another club. Thats when you will see their loyalty and hopefully there will be some of them still willing to play on until they do find a club. For example, what if theres a replay on Tuesday night against Didcot, surely all the players would not have agreed terms with other clubs by then but apparently they will be walking out on Saturday evening regardless, even though they all know this is a difficult couple of weeks for the club. In my opinion this is a decision by the club that should have been made when the new club was formed and all the playing budget spent could have been put into the rebuilding of the club itself maybe. Mick Woodhams comments in the paper are a breath of fresh air and hopefully the Windsor community and young players will all pull together and help make the long term future of Windsor FC brighter. You will at least now find out who really wants to play for Windsor FC.

Obviously Kevin has done the right thing because it would have been utter folly to keep funding the club without the income streams imminent, but regardless of that, the players appear to have been under the impression that they would be paid for playing this season and some apparently turned down other offers because they wanted to play for the club and Keith Scott and have another go at promotion. So, despite being respectful of the decision made, I think if we put ourselves in their shoes, we'd have a right to feel let down. Although none of them will have earned a lot, family holidays, building a nursery, planning a wedding etc. etc. may have been budgeted around their football income.

I hope everyone remains respectful of everyone else's position but I do think, in the circumstances, it is harsh to be critical of the players.

Loyalty? Hmm, I doubt there's much of that particular commodity left in any level of football. (More's the pity.)

Obviously Kevin has done the right thing because it would have been utter folly to keep funding the club without the income streams imminent, but regardless of that, the players appear to have been under the impression that they would be paid for playing this season and some apparently turned down other offers because they wanted to play for the club and Keith Scott and have another go at promotion. So, despite being respectful of the decision made, I think if we put ourselves in their shoes, we'd have a right to feel let down. Although none of them will have earned a lot, family holidays, building a nursery, planning a wedding etc. etc. may have been budgeted around their football income.

I hope everyone remains respectful of everyone else's position but I do think, in the circumstances, it is harsh to be critical of the players.

Loyalty? Hmm, I doubt there's much of that particular commodity left in any level of football. (More's the pity.)

I mentioned loyalty to Windsor FC if they did not find another club within a couple of weeks, would they rather do nothing and not play rather than play for Windsor and help them through what is going to be a difficult couple of weeks .

I'm grateful to the players and coaching staff for the entertainment of the last year and a bit and certainly wish them well in the future, apart from when they play Windsor of course.

Nice to see the kids work their socks off for each other at Chesham last night and their delight at the end showed what it meant to them. Results may be mixed in the future but ups and downs are all part of the joy and despair of football. Bring it on

I mentioned loyalty to Windsor FC if they did not find another club within a couple of weeks, would they rather do nothing and not play rather than play for Windsor and help them through what is going to be a difficult couple of weeks .

Maybe, but once they've left the club mentally they may not offer a lot physically.

Again, no disrespect (I keep using the word I know!) but unless they have some kind of financial incentive I just cannot see them being fully up for the game this weekend. Not doubting their integrity or sincerity in wanting to put on a show for the fans, I'm not sure we can expect them to be at anything like their best. Psychologically I fear the edge just won't be there in what will be a tough old game...

Maybe, but once they've left the club mentally they may not offer a lot physically.

Again, no disrespect (I keep using the word I know!) but unless they have some kind of financial incentive I just cannot see them being fully up for the game this weekend. Not doubting their integrity or sincerity in wanting to put on a show for the fans, I'm not sure we can expect them to be at anything like their best. Psychologically I fear the edge just won't be there in what will be a tough old game...

I totally agree

Call it a week's notice or whatever you want but the players are being paid their full wages up to and including tomorrow so no excuses about financial incentives can be levelled at either the players or the club. The 'New broom' effectively starts sweeping at 5.00pm tomorrow !

It's easy to play for a football club and say all the right things when you are getting paid decent money. These players and management team have been lucky to be involved with Windsor FC / Windsor & Eton when they were paying the highest playing budget in the clubs history. Lets see how many keep playing for Windsor FC over the next month as not all these players will have agreed terms with other clubs immediately. So next week and the week after I would have thought 5 or six players would still be playing until they found another club. Thats when you will see their loyalty and hopefully there will be some of them still willing to play on until they do find a club. For example, what if theres a replay on Tuesday night against Didcot, surely all the players would not have agreed terms with other clubs by then but apparently they will be walking out on Saturday evening regardless, even though they all know this is a difficult couple of weeks for the club. In my opinion this is a decision by the club that should have been made when the new club was formed and all the playing budget spent could have been put into the rebuilding of the club itself maybe. Mick Woodhams comments in the paper are a breath of fresh air and hopefully the Windsor community and young players will all pull together and help make the long term future of Windsor FC brighter. You will at least now find out who really wants to play for Windsor FC.

At last it has finally set in with you Windsor supporters, I'm not so dumb eh ! This is what I was saying at the beginning of last season but you mocked and called me all sorts of names.....remember ! For example I don't know what I'm talking about, talking bulls*it, the list is endless...... Windsor concentrated on getting promotion rather than getting the club off the ground.

The club/chairman could have worked wonders with £65000 on the club to get a firm standing as opposed to lining the management and players pockets with NO return !

Now your team has seen better days for the time being. As I have stated on other posts, a good manager who knows the CCL should be able to get Windsor with the pull they have got, promotion for £1000-£1200 in reality, cut last seasons budget in half then you would have a decent budget for this season as well whilst pressing for promotion.

Wrong decisions and ego's made by the top brass I'm afraid, now the words are carefully chosen that they want the club to go in a new direction wanting to build on what they got and be patient for promotion......Rome was not built in a day !!!

I believe the Windsor name got to peoples head, with the budget offered and the players they had, they should have walked the league, now no money and the manager and most of players the players will leave.

One would address you supporters to your ex: skippers Paesons press release ! Something doesn't seem right to me ?

But do keep the faith with your youngsters they could well surprise many a team. I will look forward to coming to watch them ply their trade in the CCL Premier which will be good experience for them under the correct guiding.

Oh yeah Windsor supporters, what was that ''sorry NG''. ........ ;) !!!

Good Luck today..

At last it has finally set in with you Windsor supporters, I'm not so dumb eh ! This is what I was saying at the beginning of last season but you mocked and called me all sorts of names.....remember ! For example I don't know what I'm talking about, talking bulls*it, the list is endless...... Windsor concentrated on getting promotion rather than getting the club off the ground.

The club/chairman could have worked wonders with £65000 on the club to get a firm standing as opposed to lining the management and players pockets with NO return !

Now your team has seen better days for the time being. As I have stated on other posts, a good manager who knows the CCL should be able to get Windsor with the pull they have got, promotion for £1000-£1200 in reality, cut last seasons budget in half then you would have a decent budget for this season as well whilst pressing for promotion.

Wrong decisions and ego's made by the top brass I'm afraid, now the words are carefully chosen that they want the club to go in a new direction wanting to build on what they got and be patient for promotion......Rome was not built in a day !!!

I believe the Windsor name got to peoples head, with the budget offered and the players they had, they should have walked the league, now no money and the manager and most of players the players will leave.

One would address you supporters to your ex: skippers Paesons press release ! Something doesn't seem right to me ?

But do keep the faith with your youngsters they could well surprise many a team. I will look forward to coming to watch them ply their trade in the CCL Premier which will be good experience for them under the correct guiding.

Oh yeah Windsor supporters, what was that ''sorry NG''. ........ ;) !!!

Good Luck today..

I am not a Windsor supporter but have been taking notice of the goings on over the past 15 months. So you will not find anywhere on this forum that I have been saying anything different to this post.

Archived