Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dunstable

brenwill

Well played lads great contribution by everybody in very hot conditions. I think everybody must have lost a few pounds.

Very well taken goals by Ed Thomas and Harry Knock also many congratulations to Russ on his 400th appearance.

Looking forward to tuesdays replay

Lost a few pounds?

Damn, I know I should have gone. Could have improved my waistline.

Doesn't seem that we (or the ref) impressed Dunstable greatly! Here's their summary:

FA Cup action at Creasey Park never fails to entertain and today the Blues outplayed a team from a division above again.

Ashford Town took an early lead which woke the Blues up and they peppered the Ashford goal for the rest of the first half, with Lee Roache chesting the ball into the back of the net from a couple of yards.

Leon Cashman scored in the second half following great work from Lee Roache, beating two players to slide the ball into Cashman's path.

A poor decision by the referee to give a free kick against Roache in the dying seconds of the match saw Ashford hoof the ball up the pitch and caught the Blues napping, allowing Harry Knock to equalise and force a replay on Tuesday night.

Perhaps the referee is after a bonus double pay-out for this match. With the officials costing more in the FA Cup than they do in the SSMFL you would expect them to be of a higher calibre. That doesn't seem to be the case.

Things might be a little different on Tuesday

I didn't think there was too much wrong with the performance of the officials and my report has a slightly different view:

http://www.ashfordtownmiddlesexfc.com/index.php/first-team/match-reports/519-harry-s-knock-keeps-town-in-the-cup

There is also a much longer (and more complimentary) report on Dunstable's otherwise moribund forum:

http://www.dunstabletownfc.org.uk/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2524&sid=e1cb19d39b36582b1be8b8d689d1c492

Archived