Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Beano on the mic!

Now that Beano's back at the club, I think it only fair to relinquish the mic back to our MC or, at least, give Gareth 'first dibs' on the role for next season seeing as he'll be at far more games than me.

Good to see Beano back, congrats on Kelvin's promotion, and many thanks to Sue.

Actually, Eddie, I don't anticipate being at many games - the General Secretary's role is more focussed on off-field administration and weekends are all about Lilly.

That's not to say that I won't be at matches when I can, or that I'll never be at the RPS. However, I won't be on the Tannoy!

Thanks, though, for the kind comments.

Ooh dear. Looks like I might be stuck in the role for a bit longer - unless anyone else wants it???

Only just trawled through my emails after a weekend away - the club made a profit last year??? With crowds as low as they were? Sorry to blaspheme, but Jesus Christ! That's incredible!

May I nominate Phil Marshall to go into politics and become Chancellor of the Exchequer. He'd dig us out of this recession!

Not only that, but the club made a profit more than double that of the previous year, whilst also repaying a significant amount of debt. That's why there were so many tributes to Sue - she, along with Phil and Bob have worked incredibly hard to ensure the club's finances have remained on an even keel and the work done in this area cannot be underestimated.

There is still much to do in this regard and the road ahead is a rocky one, but it would be much more difficult to traverse without people like Sue, Phil and Bob working so hard for the club.

Sorry to say that whilst the accounts showed a profit on paper at 30th April that money was in the bank and already accounted for by the tax man. We still did well though and I think I see a light, albeit very dim, at the end of the tunnel

:-)

Archived