Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Godalming and Guildford get compensation!

Both sides have lost their appeal against relocation to the South and West Division, but the FA have given them both financial compensation to make up for the travelling costs!

We should have appealed all those years ago when we got shafted. Makes the system a laughing stock now.

We didn't appeal as such at the time but we did ask for some form of financial compensation for all the additional travel.  At first the response was quite encouraging but nothing came of it and we got on with it.  Fortunately our manager and players at the time were prepared to accept the new and difficult challenge.

It is very interesting that the various appeals panels in recent weeks have overridden the decisions of the Leagues Committee, e.g. Crowborough, Rye etc. and there are others as well, whilst the award of financial compensation in a couple of cases seems to me, to open a can of worms.    A review of how the allocations are done has been ordered and it will be interesting to see what if anything comes of it.  The regulations relating to membership of the National League System include the statement that "it may be necessary from time to time to move clubs laterally between leagues at the same step to accommodate the movement of clubs by normal promotion and regulation".  All clubs and leagues within the national system are required to accept all of these various regulations but recent decisions seem to have blown that apart.

The situation at the end of the forthcoming season will be highly interesting I'm sure with appeals galore, just as it will be with any club expelled from the FA Cup, following the decision to re-instate Bradford last year after they fielded an ineligible player.

A very surprising move and one I read with great interest from my own local point of view. Opens a whole new can of worms for claims against the FA from many clubs.

Archived