Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tyrese Dyce departs

Another big blow that along with Temi Eweka, Tyrese Dyce has now decided to leave the club reportedly signing for a NL club over the weekend.

Big boots to fill for both players but it has to be said that looking at his current and previous record Tyrese does seem prone to injury.

Nevertheless good luck to Tyrese on his career progression.  

To be honest I am quite surprised he left.

He definitely has the quality but I thought as his season was so injury ridden he would’ve stayed for one more, best of luck to him tho hopefully we don’t lose too many more!

2 minutes ago, ben28383838 said:

To be honest I am quite surprised he left.

He definitely has the quality but I thought as his season was so injury ridden he would’ve stayed for one more, best of luck to him tho hopefully we don’t lose too many more!

If a move came up for any player to sign for an NL club it would be difficult to turn down.

Also I think he lives further north so possibly somewhere like newly promoted Tamworth maybe better for him travelling wise.

I wasn’t expecting this and it’s just another negative story for us fans. Disappointed he’s left considering he’s been out injured for most of the season, you would have hoped he may have shown a little loyalty and stayed but I guess that’s football! Still think Johnny will go as according to rumours he has a few options on the table. Scott really has his work cut out in trying to replace those who have left. Problem is how many more are thinking of leaving? All this is really not going to help shift memberships… I’m hoping there’s some positive news very soon.

45 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

I wasn’t expecting this and it’s just another negative story for us fans. Disappointed he’s left considering he’s been out injured for most of the season, you would have hoped he may have shown a little loyalty and stayed but I guess that’s football! Still think Johnny will go as according to rumours he has a few options on the table. Scott really has his work cut out in trying to replace those who have left. Problem is how many more are thinking of leaving? All this is really not going to help shift memberships… I’m hoping there’s some positive news very soon.

Glen, as you know there's very little loyalty in football.

In the case of Tyrese if a club from a higher level wants to sign you and it's much nearer to where you live and more money it's a no brainer.

8 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Glen, as you know there's very little loyalty in football.

In the case of Tyrese if a club from a higher level wants to sign you and it's much nearer to where you live and more money it's a no brainer.

From his point of view it’s great to be out injured for the majority of the season and still get yourself a move up the ladder, Xmas has come early for him. Whilst us fans have to put up with being raided and our team torn apart. Never saw this coming, maybe naive I guess but hoped after a decent season players would want to stay and build on it. Now it seems it’s a bigger squad rebuild than most expected.

2 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

From his point of view it’s great to be out injured for the majority of the season and still get yourself a move up the ladder, Xmas has come early for him. Whilst us fans have to put up with being raided and our team torn apart. Never saw this coming, maybe naive I guess but hoped after a decent season players would want to stay and build on it. Now it seems it’s a bigger squad rebuild than most expected.

Any one of the squad or management team, even if they are on a contract, will always be on the lookout for a better offer!

It's all down to money, and if enough is on the table, and a package can be put together, they will be off.

Those on contacts are only on contracts, so if a club looks at them, they know they will have to buy them out of that contract, and A23 will get a lump of cash.

It is business, the sport side of it went out the window a couple of years ago!

So far it's only 3 players.

There was always a question mark over Dan Lincoln, big if about Temi because of his desire to play full time and Tyrese lives further north.

Time to panic is if both Lenchy and Johnny Goddard leave  :scared:

55 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

So far it's only 3 players.

There was always a question mark over Dan Lincoln, big if about Temi because of his desire to play full time and Tyrese lives further north.

Time to panic is if both Lenchy and Johnny Goddard leave  :scared:

Funny you say that… 

12 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Funny you say that… 

Gulp !

Funny you say that… 

I'm very optimistic Matt Lench will stay.

As said before Johnny Goddard signing will depend entirely on how ambitious we are with our signings and of course an NL club not coming in and offering him silly money.

I don’t recall there be any occasions in the last 10 seasons when we have had three players that have all had the opportunity in a very short period to progress from us to full-time football.

That Munashe Sundire, Temi Eweka & Tyrese Dyce have all managed to progress to full-time football after a season with us, to me speaks volumes that Scott Davies is either excellent at spotting plaŷers with potential when other clubs haven’t or that the coaching team are developing these players well.

Whichever it is, it could possibly make tempting good new players to sign for us a bit easier.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/05/2024 at 21:15, Curtis said:

I don’t recall there be any occasions in the last 10 seasons when we have had three players that have all had the opportunity in a very short period to progress from us to full-time football.

That Munashe Sundire, Temi Eweka & Tyrese Dyce have all managed to progress to full-time football after a season with us, to me speaks volumes that Scott Davies is either excellent at spotting plaŷers with potential when other clubs haven’t or that the coaching team are developing these players well.

Whichever it is, it could possibly make tempting good new players to sign for us a bit easier.

I don't want to throw water on your flames,Curtis, about Scott's merits at spotting talent but I would have thought Temi Eweka was well known to most local managers given his links with Maidenhead and Bracknell. Chris Winton surely recommended Munashe Sundire to Scott from his time with St Albans. Tyrese Dyce seems to have relocated south, as he was playing in the Northern League with Spennymoor and had come through the ranks with WBA and Sunderland. He may have approached our club or been advised to come to Slough.

I would say Scott has good contacts within the football world but these three players were already fine players before they arrived at Slough in my mind. Granted they were great signings for our club but not what I would call progressing a player to full time football.

I'll be more impressed if Scott can get Gabe George playing a full season for Slough next season.  

21 minutes ago, 3spirit said:

I don't want to throw water on your flames,Curtis, about Scott's merits at spotting talent but I would have thought Temi Eweka was well known to most local managers given his links with Maidenhead and Bracknell. Chris Winton surely recommended Munashe Sundire to Scott from his time with St Albans. Tyrese Dyce seems to have relocated south, as he was playing in the Northern League with Spennymoor and had come through the ranks with WBA and Sunderland. He may have approached our club or been advised to come to Slough.

I would say Scott has good contacts within the football world but these three players were already fine players before they arrived at Slough in my mind. Granted they were great signings for our club but not what I would call progressing a player to full time football.

I'll be more impressed if Scott can get Gabe George playing a full season for Slough next season.  

Scott was asked at the fans forum if next season he will be obliged to play players from our A23 academy.

His reply was that players will only be selected if he thinks they're good enough. 

I think Ashley Smith also said that last season the A23 Academy didn't go as well as expected but are endeavoring to put it right.

Lets hope players like Gabe George and Oliver Spicer progress enough to be considered first team regulars.