Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Help For Heroes tie v. Cockfosters

Swifty

Right, I fancy another cup run this season. Anyone else up for it?

I'll be very interested to see what line-up Burgo goes for...blood some fringe players, or stick most of Saturday's team on the pitch to get more time together to gel?

This will actually be Cockfosters' eighth cup tie this season, so they won't be pushovers...but let's see if we can push hard enough.   ;)

Hope your dolcet tones are in good order Swifty, after my performance at the Kettering game I'm retiring from announcing. I managed to announce Conor Moody as coming on when it was Yemi. In my defence they did have the wrong numbers on...... :-X

No, I won't be there. Frankly, my time and energy are better spent working on club business remotely.

This does present a minor challenge around getting the programmes from my office to the ground, but we'll find a way.

I'll keep it clean - but it won't be easy.

Another depressing evening. I arrived at the ground to find Alex has left the club, and I left the ground feeling numb not just because we lost on penalties, but the manner of the defeat.

Partly due to the influx of new players, an experimental team (Russ at number 3 for starters) did their best, and there were flashes of quality confident play. On the whole, though, it was a fairly pedestrian match. When Kofi gave us a 59th minute lead I hoped it would be a good omen. Cockfosters then scored a soft looking but deserved equaliser in the 74th, which was very hard on Tyler, who'd made two great saves a few seconds beforehand.

Joe Lynch was easily the best player on the pitch. I loved his never-give-up attitude, and it mystified us ion the terraces when he was subbed. That was nothing. We were given a penalty in the 86th, and Kofi contrived to take the worst penalty I've ever seen. He hit it at backpass speed down the middle and it was easily the softest save of the night. When Kofi was then allowed to take our first penalty in the shootout we feared the worst and, sure enough, he took another shocking penalty, almost as slow as the first. Jim had one saved, but at least his kick went at a reasonable speed. Cockfosters scored all four of theirs and that was it.

If we get another penalty this season, make someone else take it. Jamie took his with aplomb. Let's not go through that embarrassment again.

Archived