Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

todays game v chester city

mightymole

The lads were superb to a man.

Defended resolutely in the 2nd half as we suffered wave after wave of attack.

Having said that we could have gone 2-0 up early in the 2nd half.

My man of the match was Haworth - at least 3 or 4 times he was back making the crucial clearance (how often would Che have been there?)

As for those who wanted Fordy sacked earlier in the season - thank heavens it didn't happen.

Having missed the last 5 games or so - the longest without a game since I started watching the Fleet - it seems quite apparent that we have started to learn how to defend.

Great result - now I need to get out of work for the next round.....

Fantastic result... well done the Fleet!

Quote:
Super Daz said:

As for those who wanted Fordy sacked earlier in the season - thank heavens it didn't happen.

SD, I was one of those who voted AF to go ealier in the season and I am still not convinced he's the one to take our club to a higher level. Although recent goings on seem to suggest the club has no immediate ambition to progress sooner, rather than later, anyway!

OK, fantastic results in the Cup but who's to say the team would have done any different without Andy at the helm! Some Forum users gave Andy 15 games or up until Xmas before wishing to judge him. Well, that time is now (or nearer) and the fact is that this time last year we were 10th with 22pts and now currently 9 places below that with 15pts. 8pts from next 4 games (to be a par with last Nov month end) is required but it's gonna be tough!

Now that Ade Pennock is more involved, I truly believe this will have a more positive effect on the dressing room / team spirit which, in turn, will deliver better results on the field. Well I hope so for Andy's sake!

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather the club is not unsettled with Mgmt changes but, if our Conference status is still at high risk at year end, Andy or the board must do what's best for the club.

Apologies for being so serious at this time of great joy but I'm getting fed up with the 'those who wanted Andy out' type comments. I'm sure there are many Fleet fans who are passionate about the club (not necessarily on this forum) and not "Johnny CL's" who dearly want the club to succeed with or without Andy and his past.