Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash Trees 0 Crows 2

Swifty

So, the quest for our first win or League point on a Saturday this season continues.

Really disappointed with the way we conceded, and especially the timing of the first goal, almost immediately after Royston had gone down to ten men. Once again, a player was left unmarked to head in from a free kick, this time Gary Hammond with a fierce 37th minute header that gave Tyler no chance. Do we ever practice those defensive situations in training? The second was another slice through the middle of our defence and a neat finish by Ryan Ingrey in second half stoppage time, soon after Qas was sent off for his second yellow. Qas is a talented lad, but he's got to learn to deal with baiting and things not always going our way.

Having said all that, we tried ever so hard, yet again. The fact the Royston fans next to me in the stand (nice bunch of lads, good to meet them) nominated their keeper George Lawton as man of the match says it all. In another season we could and might have won this game, but some fine saves, goal-line clearances and mad scrambles away, and the odd finish lacking in confidence, saw us fail to score again. That said, Tyler made some fine saves and interventions to keep their score down.

In truth, confidence was the key. Even a man short, Royston pegged us deep in our half for periods and played some lovely football. We just need to have more self-belief and a bit more desire. That said, it's difficult when you've got another pick 'n' mix selection. Kofi's left for Beaconsfield SYCOB and Jamie 'Sniffer' Connor has gone to Frimley Green, Jim and Perry were suspended and 'Hurry Up Harry Driver was ill. I was impressed with new striker Adam Turner - our signing from Hanworth Villa looks very good in the air. Some lovely flick-ons and a superb headed clearance from our box at one stage. We just needed him and Hughesy to be closer together up front and feed each other.

The ref ruined the game, failing to take into account the wet and slippery conditions and dishing out some needless bookings and a totally unwarranted red card for Crows' Lewis Endacott in the 35th minute. The ref obviously had some bromide in his half-time cuppa as he was far more reticent to card anyone after the break, apart from Qas's indiscretion. Shame as the lad had played well - again, like everyone on the pitch, who tried really hard. The Royston fans couldn't understand our league position given today's efforts. Kepp plugging away, lads.

Got to agree with everything said above.

Our Keeper George, although a young lad is showing maturity beyond his years. He really did keep us in the game (again) when we were seriously under the cosh. Having said that, I was also impressed with your stopper too.

A very even game and I think the undeserved red shown to Endo fired our boys up. I did not even think it warranted a yellow, let alone a red! For your lad, unfortunately he had it coming, a very assured player, but he really needs to learn to keep his mouth shut. Swearing and confronting the ref at half time does not help and the card happy idiot was looking for an excuse to send him off in that second half.

A an excellent advert for our league and you should take a lot of heart from your performance. You have come up against one of the favourites for promotion with a decent budget and matched them. The two goals were down to decent finishing and tired legs. Don't be to despondent as you will definitely win more than you lose, especially when your new number 9 is bedded in. An excellent player who holds the ball extremely well and puts himself about.

Thought your set up at the club is a credit to everyone involved with the Ash Trees, from a really friendly welcome at the door and the banter throughout the match. I will definitely be coming again this season when the Crows are not playing.

One of the best visits I have had ever so thankyou all very much for that.

Keep the faith Tricky Trees as the future is bright, the future is tangerine.

All the best for the rest of the season, You are staying up.

Jez

I couldn't make the game today, but what a glowing tribute to our club from Jez!

Thanks mate!

Anyone who has had the migration of players that we have had for various reasons would be struggling, but I am telling you know, I think we are going to settle and start picking up points to climb the table. We all pull together and fight our way out !

Let's av it!!!!

Pleased to report that Adam tells me he should be fit for the Leighton match Saturday and glad to hear that he did OK on his debut....

I've forgotten - is Adam the brother of the young Staines Town keeper who thwarted us in the senior cup final last year?

That's the fella :438:

Archived