Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Billericay 0-1 Lewes

billericayboy28

Was really dissapointed with our performance today. Their was absolutely 0 intensity in the final third, which isn't good enough at home. 

We should be beating teams like Lewes, i know they're doing quite well this season but i do expect to be doing better than we are..

The atmosphere wasn't too great either! Lets turn up and make the most of it as being the 12th man is absolutely key at this level!!

We did dominate, but Lewes did their job of breaking the game up very well and it clearly frustrated us

Firstly, I want to ban all talk of play-offs on this Forum, when we are losing to teams we should be beating. Carry on like this and we will be looking at the other end of the table.

However in mitigation the squad was hampered by injury and I guess some were playing not fully fit. Joe B goes off so often, I assume he is in that category - he was a great miss in the second half.

We did not deserve to lose today and there were at least 3 chances that should have been converted. Lewes apart from capitalising on our error created nothing . Their constant whingeing, became tiresome, as did their theatrics when falling over - which takes me onto the Referee. 

In the first half, I thought he did well but as the game wore on, he allowed too much back-chat and then far too late, he started waving cards (inconsistently), at which stage Lewes realised that falling over would bring dividends.

A prime example happened in front of me when a Lewes player openly swore at the referee and used the F word.  The referee was close but did nothing ( a good example to the kids watching). Then Paul Rogers was taken out by one of their players, hit the side hoarding but instead of rolling around got up immediately. His next tackle earned him a booking. Again the double sending off occurred in front of me. Glen Poole had got two soft yellows for "fouls" exagerated by the opponent. The Lewes captain ( what a fine example to his team) had been bad mouthing the ref all game and far too late got his come uppance. I doubt if this lame referee will bother to report his antics after receiving the red.

Still, I mustn't blame the ref for our failings - if we had converted our chances we would have had the 3 points  COYB

A fair assessment.  Even though Town did have more of the ball they looked very weak in front of the goal and at times in the second half they looked too scared to even shoot.

As for the referee, all referees are going to make one or two mistakes, it's only to be expected.  Todays referee let too much go and never got a grip on the game.  At one point in the first half there were three Lewes players standing around him all swearing at him and still he did nothing.  One of the fellas on the Lewes bench told a few of us that they'd had that referee for a game at the start of the season and he gave out 10 yellows and a red in that game.

Even without the poor officiating Billericay were wasteful in front of goal and created far less than they should have.  Earlier in the season when they were looking poor Edwards changed things around and freshened things up.  This might be needed again but the return to fitness of a few players should help.

COYB

Archived