Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs

Loosely - Well admitedly he's not a Rudolf Nureyev or a John Curry for example and you couldn't pick him out of a crowd but something didn't seem quite right, that's all I'm saying.

Loosely - Well admitedly he's not a Rudolf Nureyev or a John Curry for example and you couldn't pick him out of a crowd but something didn't seem quite right, that's all I'm saying.

Not your type then, no matter we know you prefer rough trade.

Who heard Hitzlsperger on Talk Sport this morning talking about this weekends so called Rainbow Laces campaign, I can't see there being very much, if any, support for the initiative:

http://www.stonewall.org.uk/media/current_releases/10001.asp

The simple fact of the matter is that the majority of fans simply don't care.

Until the press and the like stop reporting when someone comes out,or the fact that a person is gay the issue will creep up every now and them but reality is,95% of people simply couldn't give a toss,like the same amount if people couldn't give a toss if someone is overweight,under height,of a different colour etc.

Being gay or straight is only the concern of those involved and yes you do hear the odd word like "poof" faggot etc at football but no more than you do in everyday life and 99% time it's not actually related to insinuating someone is gay,it's more just words used to mildly insult someone as in "get up you tart" or "you faggot" when a player dives or goes down easily,the fact is when these words are used they are actually not used to insinuate someone is gay.

Gay campaigners have spent a lifetime telling everyone that they are no different from others of the same gender but still continue with this garbage that actually does put a stigma on it....

Edited by Eastside Urchin

Rainbow laces, whatever next, I wonder what the likes of Norman Hunter, Tommy Smith and Ron Harris think and Billy Bremner must have turned in his grave mustn't he

Karen - Not at all, it was proper football back then wasn't it!

Like everything else Mr Rhodes the world has evolved or do you still believe the correct way to date someone is to go out with your club and bash your intended over the head and drag her back by her hair

Karen - Be honest, didn't you enjoy the beautiful game far more back in the day, ankle deep in mud at the Baseball Ground for example when you could actually make a tackle for the ball and before the prawn sandwich brigade totally ruined it

Back in the days when Rhodesly could climb over the wall and get in without paying.. yeah.. those days

Be honest, didn't you enjoy the beautiful game far more back in the day

Loosely - I'll ask you a similar question and be honest, were you more excited watching Aaron Ramsey net the winner in extra time for Arsenal against Hull in the Cup Final back in May or watching Charlie George lying prostrate on the hallowed old Wembley turf in 1971 after netting the winner against Liverpool.

Loosely - I'll ask you a similar question and be honest, were you more excited watching Aaron Ramsey net the winner in extra time for Arsenal against Hull in the Cup Final back in May or watching Charlie George lying prostrate on the hallowed old Wembley turf in 1971 after netting the winner against Liverpool.

I get excited anytime Arsenal score a goal Rhodesly, it would be extremely hard to try and remember exactly how excited (by what measurement?) I was over 40 years ago compared with last May. Charlie George knew how to celebrate a goal though.

If it's such a problem for you then I don't understand what you see in the beautiful game anymore.

I get excited anytime Arsenal score a goal Rhodesly

Like last night in Dortmund you mean, it was pretty poor wasn't it!

What has the topic title got to do with last night's football match - did I miss something and that Thomas Hitzlsperger was playing?

Karen - What's your honest view then of the Rainbow Laces initiative, it's easy to say I'm living in the past and the World has evolved but come on, rainbow football laces, honestly, whatever next!

Karen - What's your honest view then of the Rainbow Laces initiative, it's easy to say I'm living in the past and the World has evolved but come on, rainbow football laces, honestly, whatever next!

Anything that gets up your nose would be fine with me you nasty bigot!

:lol:

you nasty bigot!

Loosely - What's being bigoted about questioning the ridiculous Rainbow Laces campaign, this is football we’re talking about, a man’s game originally intended for the working classes although, sadly, that’s no longer the case is it

Loosely - What's being bigoted about questioning the ridiculous Rainbow Laces campaign, this is football we’re talking about, a man’s game originally intended for the working classes although, sadly, that’s no longer the case is it

I'm afraid you are wandering off topic again Rhodesly. Maybe time for you to make an appointment with your GP so he can up your meds.

Loosely - Thomas Hitzlsperger is instrumental in the Rainbow Laces campaign if you hadn't realised:

http://www.stonewall.org.uk/media/current_releases/10001.asp

And...?

Honestly Rhodesly, I think you are having a brainfart, one moment wanting to talk about working class football and the next something that is already known about the Rainbow Laces Campaign.

Tell me, do you often find you have gaps in your memory, sometimes find yourself struggling to remember what you were doing?

working class football

Loosely - Well that's what it was back in the day wasn't it, there's not a cloth cap to be seen now at games is there

And we're off topic again..

Loosely - What's your honest view of rainbow football laces having grown up in the 70's watching your Bremner's, Giles's, Hunter's, Harris's, Storey's and Tommy Smith's.