Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Malcolm Pate

lazarus

You may have read on the web site that ex-Ashford player and supporter, Malcolm Pate sadly died on Thursday 20 March after a long illness.  I have sent out an email this morning to as many people as I can regarding a last request made by Malcolm but I am reproducing it here as there may be people who would wish to sign the shirt, whose email addresses I do not have. This was the email:

Please excuse this email if you did not know Malcolm, but this is to let those who knew him well, both as an ex-ATFC goalkeeper and in recent times supporter, that he sadly died on Thursday 20 March after a long illness.

I have been advised that one of his last wishes was that he be wearing his Ashford Town shirt on the day of his funeral and his partner has asked if as many people at Ashford who knew Malcolm could possibly sign the shirt, which will be at the club from Tuesday afternoon onwards.  We do not yet have the date of the funeral but I will put it on the ATFC web site as soon as I know.  At a date in the future we will also be honouring his wish to have his ashes scattered on the pitch.

If anyone wished to contact his partner or send a card, her name is Karen (sorry I don't have her surname) and the address is 28 Monks Way, Staines, TW18 1QU.  Her phone number is 01784 390154.

I do not have email addresses for many of the players who would have played with Malcolm back in the 70's and 80's so if you are able to forward this to anyone relevant, please do so.

Thank you.

Alan

I didn't know Malcom personally, although I remember seeing him around the club.

Very sad to lose another from Ash Tree family.

My condolences to all.

I have put it on the web site but just to confirm that Malcolm's funeral is arranged for 1.40 p.m. on Monday 31 March at Hanworth Crematorium, followed by a wake at the Staines Riverside Club.

I have been advised by Karen that it will not now be possible for anyone to sign Malcolm's shirt as all the arrangements for the cremation had to be finalised yesterday, so there is no need for anyone to make a special journey to do so.

It is family flowers only but there will be an opportunity to make a donation to the Princess Alice Hospice at the funeral on Monday

Archived