Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Vs Westfield SSCup

fatboyatmfc

Ran out 3-1 winners with sammy 2 (the1st being his 50th goal for the club) and a cracker from Dan.

We didn't really get going in the first half and went in 1 down from a bit of a goalmouth scrambled effort that went in off the post.

In the second half we began to get on top and one felt that if we scored we would go on to win it. Samad netted with ten to go and Flem hit a sweet 20 yarder four minutes later. Samad then made the tie safe reacting first after Sam Baffour headed goal wards . So into the semi final we trot!

Samad got the man of the match.

The ref was rubbish! Poor man management booking five players for dissent when he was the one engaging them in conversation during play.! While they were winning , Westfield did the usual time wasting (not a dig at them, every team does it) but it will be the easiest they will ever have found it with the ref oblivious to what was going on. Poor! Also I am pretty sure he booked their 5 twice!

Anyway, well done all!!! Nice win!!!

Worst match report ever on this site,you Ashford lot never give any credit to the opposition.Rubbish Referee? You really are BTC's,still best of luck in the Semi's,think you may need it.Well done to Westfield on scaring the life out of you for 80 mins.

Well, that was an unexpected result. Definitely a case of the late, late, late show. You could see why Ben wasn't happy walking off the pitch as, in truth, Westfield deserved to take it to extra time at least.

We were flat as a pancake (ho ho) in the first half, failing to adapt to Westfield's 3-5-2 formation, managing a bare handful of chances, indebted to Tyler for keeping the score down to one at half time, and even having a warming-up sub (who never played) booked for a comment to the 'lino'. Apart from Tyler, best player on the pitch in the first half was Westfield's impressive overlapping number 2, Shane Cheeseman.

We were much better after the break, especially after a tactical change by Ben midway through the second half but, despite far more efforts on goal than in the first 45, it was looking ominous. Then Samad equalised in the 85th, Flemingho thrashed a left foot belter into the net two minutes later and, with Westfield pressing for an equaliser, Samad sealed it five minutes into stoppage time.

A real game of two halves, but we made it. Well done, lads!

By the way, if anyone from Westfield's reading this, could you tell me why the club changed colours from all blue to yellow a few years back? Yes, I know you wore blue last night, but.....

Smudge,

Were you at the game or are you the refs boyfriend ?

Your are correct on the point that I didn't give Westfield any credit, but in saying that I don't give a toss about other teams.

Here you go, if it makes you feel better,

Westfield worked hard, worked well as a team, looked dangerous on the break,

Very nice people and good set up all round, They lost because we scored three and they scored one.

I assume you mean we are "big time Charlie's" nothing could be further from the truth.

Not sure who you support as you seem to flit about sticking your nose in all over the place, but I am guessing you are a tad jealous of our achievements in the past and that we are a hard working club who try and do our best on and off the pitch.

When I write anything on here I am writing to Ashford people, giving my opinion to them as this is the Ashford forum.

I am not interested in keyboard warriors like you, whose opinion means nothing.

Reading the above, I can only observe that the Lino on the bus-stand side called at least one player by his 'Christian' name, which is a bit worrying when heard from by the spectators nearby.

Smudge - as far as your comments are concerned about Ashford -

"Go Forth and Multiply, you tosser".

Are you related to the Wealdstone Raider?

"You want some?"

Well, that was an unexpected result. Definitely a case of the late, late, late show. You could see why Ben wasn't happy walking off the pitch as, in truth, Westfield deserved to take it to extra time at least.

We were flat as a pancake (ho ho) in the first half, failing to adapt to Westfield's 3-5-2 formation, managing a bare handful of chances, indebted to Tyler for keeping the score down to one at half time, and even having a warming-up sub (who never played) booked for a comment to the 'lino'. Apart from Tyler, best player on the pitch in the first half was Westfield's impressive overlapping number 2, Shane Cheeseman.

We were much better after the break, especially after a tactical change by Ben midway through the second half but, despite far more efforts on goal than in the first 45, it was looking ominous. Then Samad equalised in the 85th, Flemingho thrashed a left foot belter into the net two minutes later and, with Westfield pressing for an equaliser, Samad sealed it five minutes into stoppage time.

A real game of two halves, but we made it. Well done, lads!

By the way, if anyone from Westfield's reading this, could you tell me why the club changed colours from all blue to yellow a few years back? Yes, I know you wore blue last night, but.....

Hi Swifty

Yellow the original club colour. The club has been back in yellow for about 25 years!

Hi Swifty

Yellow the original club colour. The club has been back in yellow for about 25 years!

Ah, I didn't realise. Thanks. I saw Westfield several times from 1986 to 1999 (on the first occasion, Steve Perkins was right back) and that was when you wore all royal blue with white trim.

Well done to Ashford for getting into the semi-finals on Tuesday night, a poor performance by Ashford in the 1st half, then an excellent turnaround in the 2nd half,a much better display. 

As for the players on both sides getting booked for dissent, if the ref is talking to them and the player needs to reply, why reply in such away that the ref has to take action, a simple "ok ref" would do.  

Ah, I didn't realise. Thanks. I saw Westfield several times from 1986 to 1999 (on the first occasion, Steve Perkins was right back) and that was when you wore all royal blue with white trim.

Perks wouldn't last long on the pitch in today's environment. Tough tackling would be an understatement!

Archived