Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash Trees 4 Vale 2

Swifty

Not the most resounding 4-2 victory I've seen, but a good win against a handy Vale side, and a match played in very good spirit and well officiated.

Vale gave us a jolt when Connor Turner was given time and space to score in just the 3rd minute but, within five minutes, we were ahead through a calmly taken penalty by Alex and a poacher's goal-line challenge knock-in from Samad. Captain Beads scored a fine goal in the 20th minute, and the game's tempo and structure changed after that. Whether we were content with the lead or we'd set ourselves up a particular way, we played very deep and let Vale have a go at us. Despite our having a good number of shots (several going agonisingly over the bar), it wasn't really a surprise when Callum Forbes made it 3-2 on the hour, but Tom's 20 yard bullet nine minutes from time made the points safe.  

Reasonable performances by everyone, with Bayley looking purposeful and George probably shading man of the match for me with a gritty display. 

A good report, but I must mention three very good Ashford chances we begging, one from well inside the goal area. Two from the days main striker the other from his replacement.

A mention also today for Samad and Alex (My MOM), yes a strange game we could have been out of sight by HT and seemed to lose our way somewhat after the first 20 mins... But 2 wins in the week 6 points on the board cant be too bad  :D

An ok performance by Ashford,they did just enough to see the match out and win the points,but yet again Ashford switched off when 3-1 up and allowed Raynes Park back into the game,when in truth if Ashford had taken some of the golden chances presented to them, then they would have been over the hill and away.

Good to get back to winning ways and good to see Lewis Taylor back in defence,I could hear him giving advice and encouragement throughout the game,watching him head away high balls,putting in strong tackles to blunting Raynes Park attack and for me putting in a man of the match display.Why he is not captain when Russ is not available I do not know.

Doe's anybody know how long Bittz will be out for?seeing him on the pitch in that medical boot did not look good.

Archived