Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Junior Doctors strike

My wife has been having treatment for secondary breast cancer for over two years, and I have seen first hand experience of the pressure doctors are under. If the government believe they can extract another ounce of work from those dedicated professionals they must be living in a parallel universe.Shame on them.  

The Tories have been taking the p1ss out of the NHS for far too long in this country now.

Fair play to the junior doctors who have to train for years on minimum pay and are now expexcted to work longer hours for less pay.

Why should 'Call Me Dave' bother to worry ?  He's 'retiring' at the end of his current term of office.  RIGHT !

You can bet your life he's got a nice big fat private health insurance plan for himself and his family !!

You pull up the ladder Dave,  F*ck everyone else in this country  -  You ain't interested !!

The Tories have been taking the p1ss out of the NHS for far too long in this country now.

Fair play to the junior doctors who have to train for years on minimum pay and are now expexcted to work longer hours for less pay.

Why should 'Call Me Dave' bother to worry ?  He's 'retiring' at the end of his current term of office.  RIGHT !

You can bet your life he's got a nice big fat private health insurance plan for himself and his family !!

You pull up the ladder Dave,  F*ck everyone else in this country  -  You ain't interested !!

Whats really worrying for cancer patients is the government are stopping funding many for life extending drugs. The excuse used is that extending a life by 12 to 18 months is not cost effective, but what they fail to mention is that when one drug ceases to be effective there's other therapies that will work, and when they stop being effective patients move on to the next one.

I would prefer not bringing my political beliefs into this thread but I cant escape the fact that this government is pure evil.  

What annoys me over this is the government only looks at short term cost savings and don't look at the impact of those cost savings. We often end up paying out more in the longer term. I think we're in for a hard few years. This is a prime example. The doctors are going to end up getting over-tired and will possibly end up making mistakes for which the hospital could be sued for.

What annoys me over this is the government only looks at short term cost savings and don't look at the impact of those cost savings. We often end up paying out more in the longer term. I think we're in for a hard few years. This is a prime example. The doctors are going to end up getting over-tired and will possibly end up making mistakes for which the hospital could be sued for.

Mainly because they know that they are only in 'power' for a limited time and don't have to take any future consequences.  That's always been the tory way, hence 'Call-Me-Dave' has already said he's quitting politics at the end of his current term of office.

• 1 month later...

I saw on the news last night that talks at ACAS had been 'productive', but got no further forward.

With no further talks occuring over the weekend, the concensus of opinion wass that the strike is definitely  ON

Think it's going to happen.

Interesting article in the Guardian from a junior doctor today. His fears go a lot deeper than the current situation with Junior doctors.

http://www.theguardian.com/healthcare-network/views-from-the-nhs-frontline/2016/jan/11/nhs-junior-doctors-striking-wrong-reasons-privatisation

Well, that's interesting but a bit ambiguous.

I get the feeling that 'Call-Me-Dave' wants everyone to go Private or just expire !

Well, that's interesting but a bit ambiguous.

I get the feeling that 'Call-Me-Dave' wants everyone to go Private or just expire !

Very ambiguous but equally frightening. 

I'm still trying to fathom out why the leader of her majesties opposition is treated as a figure of fun when his whole life has been dedicated to peace and a better life for everyone through fairness and decency. With age is supposed to come wisdom, but in my case the wisdom seems to have passed me by.

Not saying that I agree with Corbyn on a number of issues (a few i strongly disagree with) but I have seen enough inequality in this country to make me sick and that didn't really improve too much under Blair. Really feel concerned for the future of this country.

The Right wing press are always going to vilify him without listening to what he says

An interesting fact in todays press.

HMG called on GP's to cover the junior doctors strike yesterday, which the GP's rejected completely.

The fact that HMG even made such a request must mean they are bottling the final outcome.  That alone speaks volumes

Archived