Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Paul Halsey

So, some people have had their say and now it's my turn.

I have been abused and accused of all manner of things this week but I remained silent for a very good reason.

I thought it was only fair to Paul to allow him to have his say face-to-face to the committee that made this decision before commenting on the situation.

I'm not on the committee of Hertford Town so had no say in this.

I read out the teams on matchday, play tunes on the PA and supply sublime playing surfaces. That's all.

I'm not responsible for hiring or firing.

Anyone who knows me would surely agree that I'm not one to hide, be silenced or be told what to do by anyone.

In my opinion, it's probably the right decision for the club in the long term to move forward and remain in keeping with our family ethos but agree it has been handled appallingly by the committee.

Yes, we have had a decent season in the league and a big improvement on previous seasons.

Yes, we entertain and are the top scorers in the league.

These are all positives but it should also be pointed out that we have the worst disciplinary record in the the division and have been fined many times this season for breaching the FA's rules on bookings-per-game, red cards, etc.

Paul has personally been dismissed from the dugout on several occasions this season and I'm guessing that this is when the boardroom's patience finally ran out.

I like the guy as a bloke but his behaviour and that of the team he leads has often left a lot to be desired.

I have said as much to his face and also defended him when unfair criticism was directed his way on many instances during his tenure.

Most of the fans that are backing Paul and having a pop at the club's decision are Johnny-come-lately fans who don't see the bigger picture and just look at this year's league table.

They're entitled to their opinion of course but there's more to running a club than scoring lots of goals and finishing top 6.

We are a community club and do a lot of work with kids, the disabled and charities.

This is what we want to be known for.

There are nine members of the HTFC committee and the vote to part company was unanimous so any personal grievance against any single committee member is unjustified, ill-informed and unfair.

No-one is bigger than any club anywhere in the world.

Clubs will go on as players, boards and managers come and go.

We will rebuild, appoint a new manager, sign new players and keep going to improve the club in all areas.

I personally can't wait for this season to be over and get down to work on the pitch renovations.

We've made great strides turning the "Boating Lake" into one of the best pitches in the league and will keep improving it year-on-year.

I thank Paul for all the good he has done for the club, I hope he does well in the future and wish him the best of luck.

Finally, big thanks to everyone (especially Jonno!) who sent supportive messages to Loucas & I this week.

We're good people and will continue to strive to do the best by the club we love.

Fair play to you....reading between the lines, this is what i thought would be behind the decision...good results, good goal scoring record....but a Top 6 finish isnt enough to hide the cracks of whats wrong with the managers attitude and some players.

As much as i dont like Ballsy because as ive said many times his disgraceful behaviour at times, BigDogCol fair play....well put.

After all as has been stated, the clubs a good club, its just the imagine has been tarnished by a few idiots in the stands that need to wait until their vocal cords drop and an agressive manager.

Anyway fair play, you sound like you do a lot for the club, so respect for that.