Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Dulwich Hamlet

Beardsleyesque

After a very average (poor) start to the season, we do at last seem to be getting our act together, albeit a bit Jekyll & Hyde. Hopefully, we will push on in the run-up to Christmas, and not leave ourselves too much to do in the second half of the season. Is there genuine belief amongst Town supporters that we are good enough to last the course and make a strong challenge for the title / play-offs this season?

The discipline was good yesterday. I note that 3 Dulwich players got booked including disputing our penalty. Although there was some dispute over their penalty I do not think that anyone of ours was booked for that. Our sole booking was for the clumsy challenge in the second half which stopped the Dulwich player breaking through the back line

Ottaway had another good game. The defence played well but we still lack that killer touch in front of goal. Dernell still seems to be out of sorts. Is he carrying an injury? Getting to bed late?

I admire the optimism and Brad and the team deserve credit for the recent improved results but I don't think we can get away from the reality that we've played some poor sides/teams struggling for form. 5 points off the play offs but only 3 points off the relegation zone so we need to avid complacency! Both Met Police & Dulwich could have got more out of those games than they did....

Admittedly I missed the Hendon game but I'm not sure I can see much quality in the way we're setting up at the moment. We seem particularly devoid of a midfield, with Keir Dickson playing advanced and Jonathan Meluba playing very deep, its leaving too much running for Billy Crook to do (well though he's doing it!).

Tyler's got to be the first name on our team sheet at the moment for me, though he clearly isn't and what's happened to Bobby Devyne? 

As Percy was cautioned for the challenge which led to treatment being required, the player did not have to leave the pitch.

It's one of the law changes introduced by the IFAB over the summer, and one the referee quiet obviously forgot, as he did instruct the player to leave, and needed some gentle reminders from Dulwich's players and bench that there was a change.