Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Rochdale

Nathan

Had to jet off to Lithuania a few hours after the game and not being able to login here has allowed me to reflect on the game.

The atmosphere was electric and even though most won’t be back until the next glory game it did make it an occasion to remember.

The game was played in typical FA cup style and I cannot believe the ref managed to keep his cards in his pocket.

We went out and tried to play our game but with only one forward who was struggling with a tight hamstring we were limited going forward.  Thought Lee Togwell had the game of his life and made the professionals look ordinary.

But Rochdale came with a plan and they stuck to it realising they could not take this as a training game and eventually their higher level came through.

The organisation to lay on a full televised game in our ground just shows where the club now ranks in its professionalism and all involved should be applauded.

To see where the club has come from in the dark days where only Big Chris and Programmes Dave could see the positives, to now a club where the council leader has come out and said the club has done the town proud, is a transformation that few could have imagined – Well done Steve!

If only we could have sneaked a goal and changed the course of the game, it could have been us on our way to play the might Doncaster!

I had a call today from a Rochdale fan who told me she travelled home and away for many years supporting her team.  She was so complimentary about the whole evening.  She commented very positively on the staffing and organisation but was also really impressed with the team who gave a very professional performance and didnt once revert to diving or niggly tackles, just played their game.  She was also very complimentary about the Referee.

As a result, she is going to watch out for Slough results going forward and hopes to meet us again obviously once we climb up the leagues and not should they come down.

She was very keen that the message gets conveyed to the players that she thought they did the club proud.

It was really nice to talk to her.  I know we had a good evening, so I was pleased to hear that they enjoyed their trip too.

The one thing no one has mentioned is that with a "capacity" crowd , how much room there still was.

First half it was busy but not packed at our end and the segregated terrace that was 2/3 ours was virtually empty! Round the pitch people were only 2 deep ( you are allowed 4) .

It shows how many more we can easily accomadate.

I thought the organisation was brilliant , beer easier to get , toilets fine , even the tea queue wasn't too bad. I know a lot of people put in an enourmous effort to make it look so effort-less but it bodes well for the future that we can step up our game off as well as on the pitch when required.

The one thing no one has mentioned is that with a "capacity" crowd , how much room there still was.

First half it was busy but not packed at our end and the segregated terrace that was 2/3 ours was virtually empty! Round the pitch people were only 2 deep ( you are allowed 4) .

It shows how many more we can easily accomadate.

I thought the organisation was brilliant , beer easier to get , toilets fine , even the tea queue wasn't too bad. I know a lot of people put in an enourmous effort to make it look so effort-less but it bodes well for the future that we can step up our game off as well as on the pitch when required.

Poor views behind the goals though, particularly for shorter people. The design is very poor in that respect, particularly at the Shaggy Calf Lane end.

Poor views behind the goals though, particularly for shorter people. The design is very poor in that respect, particularly at the Shaggy Calf Lane end.

There were a few ladies near us and some men who both halves struggled to see, as the size of each step is not enough to clear the heads of those in front.  Also there is not enough hight over those stood up against the fence to see low balls around the goal.

It is the only niggle with the ground and when there are the normal 600-700 crowds there are enough gaps to see. But moving forward it is something that should be addressed as if you cant see the action then some may be put off returning.

• 3 weeks later...