Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Horsham

seemgee

I do realise the club is run on a budget and we have to live within our means but it seems blindingly obviously to everyone (apart from the manager)that we are still in need of a couple of capable central defenders, it’s also a pity we couldn’t have re signed billy crook once he left Dartford ( he signed for East Thurrock)at the beginning of the season he would have been a perfect link up man for the strikers and I’m certain his goals scored would have easily reached double figures, can anyone see any of our current midfielders hitting double figures this season? 

Rebel, I have on many occasions expressed the wished that Billy Crook would return. Not that I think he ever would under the current management.  I do think it was possible in the past but the decision was taken to spent money on others. But I am sure that there are still young BC type  players out there waiting to be scouted. But then do we have any official scouts out and about.

That said I also acknowledge, in the main, what W72 has said. But in order to obtain some financial wriggle room it may be that as the injury situation becomes better AL will have to decide to relieve one or two current players.

It is early days and I have yet to see many of our new signings. Until we have them all available will we be able to judge the squad's potential.

I believe that Sam Bantik has completed his suspension so one hopes he is fit and ready to go Saturday. Also that Taafe's pre-match exclusion on Saturday was only precautionary.

4wf  I do know of an ex EFC player who passed on the contact details of a young player who I think was considering signing for a competitor pre season.The said player was on our bench on Sat.

Given the clubs statement that they want more continuity between all ETFC teams I am sure there are scouts out looking a most levels.I would love to see more players come through our system like Mubiayi and Davison.

Archived