Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Salamis - New Manager

A very good day at the office for New Salamis without having to kick a ball in anger, firstly the Club received a bye into the FA Vase Second Qualifying Round and then drew 'unknowns' Cornard United at Coles Park who they should beat comfortably. The Eastern Counties League Division One North outfit have never progressed further than the FA Vase Second Round proper and have fallen flat on their faces at the first hurdle in fifteen of the last sixteen seasons including an 11-0 drubbing at home to Haverhill Rovers in 2012/13, the Club based near Sudbury in Suffolk will already be quaking in their boots at the prospect of visiting Coles Park in October. The FA Cup draw is more difficult however Gus Gulfer will be rubbing his hands at the prospect of entertaining Premier Division Colney Heath who won't be looking forward to visiting Coles Park in two weeks time for the Extra Preliminary Round tie.

New Salamis's early thoughts on their FA Cup and FA Vase draws made on Tuesday, they are spot on when they say 'exciting times ahead of New Salamis FC' however it would have been far more exciting with George Georgiou at the helm, James T. Kirk style, and with the reins in his hand or teeth like John Wayne in True Grit, it's not the same Club anymore with him gone: 

FA CUP & FA VASE DRAWS

We have been drawn for our very first FA Cup match at home to Spartan Premier League side Colney Heath FC. 

The First Preliminary round will be played on Tuesday 1st September 2020 Kick off 7.30pm at our home ground at Haringey Borough FC, Coles Park, White Hart Lane, London N17 7JP. 

Also drawn was the 2nd Preliminary Round with the winners of this match at home to West Essex or Crawley Green. This match will be played on the 12th September 2020

Also drawn was the FA Vase Competition. We have been given a bye in the First Qualifying Round and in the Second Qualifying Round we will be at home to Cornard United of the Eastern Counties League Division One. Match Scheduled to be played Saturday October the 10th 2020.

Exciting times ahead of New Salamis FC

• 2 weeks later...

PetetheGreek must be a very happy man following New Salamis's 1-0 win over Colney Heath last night, I assume he was at Coles Park:

Edited by Rhodes

Savagebee - Hopefully PetetheGreek will come on later and give us a report from last night, Gus Gulfer seems a larger than life character from the interview and has a broad cockney accent similar to Tom Loizou, the Haringey Borough boss, imagine if they draw each other in a later round as New Salamis can beat West Essex or Crawley Green who meet this evening:

https://www.hertsad.co.uk/sport/football/colney-heath-fc-v-new-salamis-report-1-6817924

http://www.parikiaki.com/2020/09/great-win-for-uk-cypriot-team-new-salamis-in-the-emirates-fa-cup/

23 hours ago, petethegreek said:

My favorites for the Division.

Yeah they are looking good ?

On 02/09/2020 at 11:45, Rhodes said:

PetetheGreek must be a very happy man following New Salamis's 1-0 win over Colney Heath last night, I assume he was at Coles Park:

The match programme from the Colney Heath FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round tie on Tuesday 1 September, I enjoyed the 'Meet The Gaffer' feature but it could have been a bit longer:

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/files.pitchero.com/clubs/69416/2mFVgYRN2gjNlauuS7AA_MATCH DAY 1 PROGRAM FA CUP.pdf

Meet the Gaffer : Gus Gulfer We asked our new manager Gus some questions on how he’s first 2 months have gone

1. How have you found your first 2 months at the helm of New Salamis? Gus: it was tough at first due to Covid and no dates of restart, but once we got the go ahead we have got stronger and stronger.

2. Have you been happy with pre-season? Gus: To be fair I am really happy five wins, a draw and a loss to Haringey is not too bad.

3. What are your goals for the season? Gus: My number one priority is promotion, thats the target, then a nice run in the FA Cup and FA Vase.

4. What does it mean to you to be back in the dugout? Gus: It means everything to me, I love my football and its where I want to be

• 2 weeks later...

New Salamis boss Gus Gulfer is optimistic going into this evening's FA Cup First Qualifying Round tie with Isthmian League North Division Brentwood Town at Coles Park where he hopes that the sell out crowd will be a twelfh man as was the case against Colney Heath and West Essex in earlier rounds of the competition. Brentwood Town certainly won't be a walk in the park as they play two tiers higher however the Club haven't progressed past the First Qualifying Round stage since 2015/16 when, admitedly, they did reach the 4th Qualifying Round and who can forget the 1968/69 campaign when they reached the 2nd Round proper losing 10-1 at Roots Hall to Southend United:

http://www.parikiaki.com/2020/09/tonight-monday-is-the-big-night-for-new-salamis-the-first-ever-uk-cypriot-team-to-ever-qualify-for-the-emirates-fa-cup/

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

• 3 weeks later...

I see that New Salamis and boss Gus Gulfer embark on their FA Vase campaign this afternoon with a Second Qualifying Round tie against Eastern Counties League Division One North outfit Cornard United at Coles Park, the Club will be hoping to progress to the latter stages of the competition, as was the case with Leighton Town last season, and they are more than capable of doing so. Having said that, their bow in the FA Vase last season, following promotion to the SSML, came to nothing when they were beaten 6-1 by Eynesbury Rovers at the Queen Elizabeth II Stadium in the First Round proper after disposing of Codicote and Tower Hamlets, this was no doubt due to the unceremonious dismissal of Manager George Georgiou shortly before the Eynesbury Rovers tie whereby the team had no talisman to lead them and a line taken from the match report said it all, 'a great game which was played in a very good spirit, maybe too good from our side'. George would never have allowed his side to capitulate in that tame and embarrassing fashion particularly in front of its own fans, indeed the score was only 1-0 at the interval to then Mark Ducket's well drilled side with it all still to play for. Anyway good luck to New Salamis who were extremely unlucky to bow out of the FA Cup recently against Brentwood Town, although, again, under George Georgiou you wonder whether they would have still been in the competition and looking forward to an interesting Second Qualifying Round tie at Bishop's Stortford's plush Woodside Park ground where Brentwood Town went down 1-0 last Saturday:

Billede

• 3 months later...

New Salamis have been flying very much under the radar of late haven't they and you don't hear a word out of them, or their still relatively new boss Gus Gulfer, who hasn't had the easiest of rides so far since taking over the reins in June last year following Gaz Dauti's sudden departure. Gaz didn't last five minutes at their then Queen Elizabeth II Stadium home, despite having a CV as long as your arm, although that's hardly surprising considering the act he had to follow in George Georgiou. There wasn't a single word or greeting from New Salamis over the Christmas and New Year period, unlike from most SSML Club's, and you have to wonder whether everything in the garden is rosy at Coles Park, the Club must currently be losing money at an alarming rate with no income and you wonder how long Chairman Mihali Michalakis is willing to continue putting his hand in his pocket. No doubt their landlords Haringey Borough have been lenient with them where monthly rent is concerned however the Coles Park Club must be struggling themselves with no income either of late, other than FA Trophy prize money, and the curtailment of their lucrative weekend market at the ground due to Covid. New Salamis's League form this season had been disappointing with two draws against Ampthill Town, a 2-2 draw at Winslow United and a 1-1 stalemate at Bedford when last season those opponents were all comfortably put to the sword without breaking sweat including a 7-1 win at McMullen Park and a 10-1 home win over Ampthill Town, that says it all.

• 1 month later...

Very surprising news coming out of Coles Park and New Salamis earlier today, I wonder what can be read into Gus Gulfer's sudden departure:

New Manager Announcement ! (newsalamisfcuk.com)

Manager Steps Down (newsalamisfcuk.com)

• 4 months later...

I'm just wondering what recently appointed New Salamis boss Danny Bailey makes of New Salamis's fixtures for the forthcoming campaign in the SSML Premier Division and, more to the point, how long he will be in the hot seat for at Coles Park before Club Chairman Michael Michalakis is looking for his fourth Manager since the sad departure of George Georgiou in September 2019:

Billede

• 1 month later...
On 25/07/2021 at 19:53, Rhodes said:

I'm just wondering what recently appointed New Salamis boss Danny Bailey makes of New Salamis's fixtures for the forthcoming campaign in the SSML Premier Division and, more to the point, how long he will be in the hot seat for at Coles Park before Club Chairman Michael Michalakis is looking for his fourth Manager since the sad departure of George Georgiou in September 2019:

What a surprise, Danny Bailey has departed New Salamis, Richard Georgiou becomes the Club's fourth Manager in just two years since since George Georgiou was relieved of his duties in September 2019:

New Salamis appoint new manager | Parikiaki Cyprus and Cypriot News

Edited by Rhodes

• 3 weeks later...

I have it on good authority that Assistant Manager Andrew Kouroushi has left the Club, things just go from bad to worse don't they and I wonder how long it will be before Chairman Michael Michalakis is looking for his fifth Manager since George Georgiou was 'criminally' shown the door just two years ago.

• 1 year later...

No longer SSML however here is a surprise, Manager Richard Georgiou has left the Club. The Club are now searching for their fifth Manager since George Georgiou was shown the door by unscrupulous Chairman Michael Michalakis in September 2019, George was the Club and painstakingly paved the way over many years to where they, fortuitously without George, are now in the Isthmian League:

https://www.isthmian.co.uk/richard-georgiou-steps-down-as-new-salamis-boss-76273

Edited by Rhodes