Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Salamis - New Manager

Breaking News ! The committee of New Salamis FC would like to announce the appointment of Gaz Dauti as Manager, assisted by ex Aveley FC manager Terry Spillane as our new management team

Karen - Thanks, that's interesting, I had it on good authority that it was going to be Andrew Kouroushi 

8 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Karen - Thanks, that's interesting, I had it on good authority that it was going to be Andrew Kouroushi 

Maybe the heavy FA Vase defeat influenced the decision. 

I don't know much about Gaz Dauti do you, i wonder what George Georgiou thinks of the appointment, he should still be at the Queen Elizabeth Stadium in my opinion

Not heard of him and at this moment in time it does seem the previous manager was at least a little hard done by. However with the amount of money they are reportedly forking out and their plans they want and expect quick progression up. 

Sorry to quote the iconic Barry Davies 1974 commentary again folks but this is interesting, very interesting, an anorak from another Forum was at the New Salamis v Eynesbury Rovers FA Vase tie on Saturday and makes some fascinating observations:

New Salamis.odt

• 7 months later...

So New Salamis's 'saviour' Gaz Dauti, the highly regarded former Tottenham Hotspur Coach and Waltham Forest, Enfield Town, Wingate & Finchley and Harlow Town player didn't last five minutes at the Queen Elizabeth II Stadium following George Georgiou's sad departure in late September and walked away from the Club last week. Gus Gulfer has now taken charge and will be assisted by right hand man Micky Leslie and Andrew Kouroushi who was already at the Club. Gus has previously Managed at Barkingside and during his playing days plied his trade with Walton & Hersham, Cray Wanderers, Harlow Town and Thamesmead Town amongst others, his son Matt was with him at Barkingside as Club Captain and may well follow his Father at some point: 

untitled.png

Edited by Rhodes

Which might just go to prove, "It's NOT what you know, but WHO you know."

4 hours ago, Rhodes said:

So New Salamis's 'saviour' Gaz Dauti, the highly regarded former Tottenham Hotspur Coach and Waltham Forest, Enfield Town, Wingate & Finchley and Harlow Town player didn't last five minutes at the Queen Elizabeth II Stadium following George Georgiou's sad departure in late September and walked away from the Club last week. Gus Gulfer has now taken charge and will be assisted by right hand man Micky Leslie and Andrew Kouroushi who was already at the Club. Gus has previously Managed at Barkingside and during his playing days plied his trade with Walton & Hersham, Cray Wanderers, Harlow Town and Thamesmead Town amongst others, his son Matt was with him at Barkingside as Club Captain and may well follow his Father at some point: 

untitled.png

Wow New Salamis FC mean buisness!

1 hour ago, Savagebee said:

Wow New Salamis FC mean buisness!

Not at all, just the opposite as they would have kept hold of George Georgiou if they did

9 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Not at all, just the opposite as they would have kept hold of George Georgiou if they did

Sorry I should have worded my post a bit better.

I meant it as Wow I'm shocked that they have changed there manager again as they were doing so well last season and that the club's officials mean buisness.

Maybe it has some thing to do with the Fight Club :boxing: that happend with there best mates St P last season? ?

Edited by Savagebee

An Official announcement of Gus Gulfer's recent appointment on New Salamis's website, also notification that the Club have left the Queen Elizabeth II Stadium and will groundshare with Haringey Borough at Coles Park next season:

https://www.newsalamisfcuk.com/news/breaking-news--new-management-team-announced-2539903.html

New Salamis FC return to Coles Park

We are pleased to confirm our return to Coles Park, White Hart Lane, to the home of Haringey Borough FC.

Following two seasons at the Queen Elizabeth Stadium in Enfield, home of Enfield Town FC, we would like to thank them for being great hosts, and we have made lifelong friends there.

We are excited to be back, and looking forward to the 2020/21 season start (whenever it maybe)

Thanks to Aki and Tom of Haringey Borough FC for making it happen.

An article and photographs from Parikiaki, the leading Greek Cypriot newspaper published in London, welcoming Gus Gulfer to New Salamis, does anyone recognise the location of the photographs, I may be mistaken but it looks like the Club haven't wasted any time at all in moving to Coles Park:

http://www.parikiaki.com/2020/06/new-salamis-welcome-new-manager-gus-gulfer/

15 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

does anyone recognise the location of the photographs, I may be mistaken but it looks like the Club haven't wasted any time at all in moving to Coles Park:

Yep that's your old stomping ground Rhodes.

I think you should update some of your details under your Avatar Rhodes ?

Edited by Savagebee

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

An article and photographs from Parikiaki, the leading Greek Cypriot newspaper published in London, welcoming Gus Gulfer to New Salamis, does anyone recognise the location of the photographs, I may be mistaken but it looks like the Club haven't wasted any time at all in moving to Coles Park:

Outside the Haringey Borough Clubhouse.

You should go visit. ?

I believe the new groundshare agreement between New Salamis and Haringey Borough was thrashed out between the two Club's some time ago, well before Gus Gulfer become the new Manager of New Salamis however I'm sure his recent arrival at the Club signed, sealed and delivered the deal as he is pretty much part of the family at Coles Park:

http://www.thefa.com/news/2016/Aug/15/haringey-borough-barkingside-preview-180816

• 3 weeks later...

I see that New Salamis have a new home shirt for next season, it's very fetching isn't it:

https://www.newsalamisfcuk.com/news/new-home-kit-launched-2545006.html

EbSPrgMWAAIti4b.jpg

Edited by Rhodes

• 1 month later...

I expect Gus Gulfer along with his trusted backroom team of Mickie Leslie, Andrew Kouroushi, Antony Ioannou and Ashwin Giridran, as well as Club Chairman Michael Michalakis, will all be huddled around their transistor radio in the Coles Park Boardroom or Clubhouse at 3.30pm today with a bottle of Ouzo listening to the rustle of the balls in the velvet bag, no doubt Haringey Borough supremo Tom Loizou will also be in attendance as Coles Park is his second home. Congratulations anyway to New Salamis on their FA Cup bow for this coming season and they could well be the surprise package of the early rounds:

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

I expect Gus Gulfer along with his trusted backroom team of Mickie Leslie, Andrew Kouroushi, Antony Ioannou and Ashwin Giridran, as well as Club Chairman Michael Michalakis, will all be huddled around their transistor radio in the Coles Park Boardroom or Clubhouse at 3.30pm today with a bottle of Ouzo listening to the rustle of the balls in the velvet bag, no doubt Haringey Borough supremo Tom Loizou will also be in attendance as Coles Park is his second home. Congratulations anyway to New Salamis on their FA Cup bow for this coming season and they could well be the surprise package of the early rounds:

Billede

It's Zivania not Ouzo.