Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Season 2020/21?

Will pre season happen?

Will the season start on time?

Will next season even happen full stop who knows?

:futbolbud2:

Savagebee - I think we have all just seen the announcement that this season is sadly null and void so in theory we should start pre-season training and friendlies in mid to late June but then who knows at the moment. The planned implementation of the restructure of the National League System has been deferred until the the 2021/22 campaign however, apparently, the door is still open to the Semi Finals and Finals of the FA Vase and FA Trophy being played so Leighton Town's season might not have been over had they managed to beat Corinthian in the FA Vase Sixth Round:

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/29763/coronavirus-battle-all-football-below-national-league-to-end-now/?utm_medium=onesignal&utm_source=push_notifications&utm_campaign=web_push

I see Karen posted a similar question on another thread.

Hopefully, there will ba a vaccine avaiable quite soon.  HOWEVER  -  The virus is quite capable of mutatimg, which COULD cause a problem for the coming season.

I'm afraid it's 'wait and see'.

Do this seasons (2019/20) player records Apps? and Goals? stand? or are they wiped from the clubs records?

I'm guessing that they don't count now?

The top scorers must be gutted :432:

17 hours ago, Savagebee said:

Do this seasons (2019/20) player records Apps? and Goals? stand? or are they wiped from the clubs records?

I'm guessing that they don't count now?

The top scorers must be gutted :432:

I would have thought it was down to individual clubs as to if they wish to include appearances and goals

7 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

I would have thought it was down to individual clubs as to if they wish to include appearances and goals

We’ve decided to keep our club appearances & goals in the records at Tring. Quite a few youngsters have made their senior debuts & there have been a number making landmark numbers so we wouldn’t want to deprive them of that. 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 18:03, Savagebee said:

Will pre season happen?

Will the season start on time?

Will next season even happen full stop who knows?

Savagebee - I don't believe we are any closer to knowing are we, there is a thread on another Forum discussing the same subject as we speak but it is all speculative at the moment, see the example below::

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/when-will-season-20-21-realistically-begin.1284/page-5

Amateur football at step seven and below, the sort of games where admission is free and players usually outnumber spectators, could resume with people able to watch if they want (and with an expectation that anyone with symptoms or needing to self-isolate stays away).
The problem will be clubs at steps 3-6 (and a few of the 'bigger' step 7 leagues) who charge for admission and who rely on gate receipt and bar takings. I don't see how a 'business' that encourages and charges spectators to attend games could be allowed to operate. And while 50 people might be able to keep their distance around the pitch does that mean the clubhouse has to remain shut? If so how will clubs generate enough income to cover the costs of staging matches?

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Amateur football at step seven and below, the sort of games where admission is free and players usually outnumber spectators, could resume with people able to watch if they want

The above is the level of footy that I have watched for the last couple of seasons and I have really enjoyed it. #Realgrassrootsfooty

Archived