Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

RETURN TO FOOTBALL - THE MIDDLESEX FOOTBALL FAMILY

Savagebee - I  see that Hanwell Town's Gareth Chendlik lifted the Step 4 and below Player of the Season Award on behalf of the Non League Bible, wasn't he at Leighton Town briefly, I think during the 2013/14 campaign:

Image may contain: 2 people, text

Hayes & Yeading United's pitch at the SkyEX Community Stadium in Beaconsfield Road in Hayes is looking amazing isn't it, it looks 3G but it's not is it:

Image may contain: sky, stadium and outdoor

29 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - I  see that Hanwell Town's Gareth Chendlik lifted the Step 4 and below Player of the Season Award on behalf of the Non League Bible, wasn't he at Leighton Town briefly, I think during the 2013/14 campaign:

Image may contain: 2 people, text

Probably as he has been around a few clubs in his time.

I'm told that he was having a great season last season and he also mucks in with the ground works parties when they are held at the club.

He's also played for Hemel Hempstead FC, Harrow Borough FC and Egham Town FC.

A proud Welshman in told ?

Edited by Savagebee

15 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Hayes & Yeading United's pitch at the SkyEX Community Stadium in Beaconsfield Road in Hayes is looking amazing isn't it, it looks 3G but it's not is it:

Image may contain: sky, stadium and outdoor

Not my sort of ground though ? It's to neat and tidy and there's way to much tarmac and concrete ?

Savagebee - Ian is going to run out of data storage space soon if you copy every post in your reply. Do you remember this testimonial for Hanwell Town's Phil Player, it must have been some night at Reynolds Field with Alan Devonshire in the Hanwell Town team and a lot of goals too, Tottenham won 8-2 but I'm surprised there was only 350 in attendance: 

Image may contain: 6 people

3 hours ago, Savagebee said:

Not my sort of ground though ? It's to neat and tidy and there's way to much tarmac and concrete ?

What about Church Road, was that your sort of ground:

BilledeBillede

Edited by Rhodes

12 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

What about Church Road, was that your sort of ground:

BilledeBillede

100% yes went there for many years ? Loved that place.

Supported Hayes FC then Hayes & Yeading United FC but finished with the club when they buried Church Road to play home games at Woking FC ?

Savagebee - Do you remember when Hounslow Town got to the Final of the FA Amateur Cup Final in 1961/62 drawing 1-1 with Crook Town at Wembley on Saturday 14 April 1962 and losing the replay 4-0 at Ayresome Park the following Saturday (programmes below). I wonder why the replay was played in Middlesbrough of all places, also Hounslow Town's Semi Final against Bishops Auckland on Saturday 24 March 1962, which they won 2-1, was played at Griffin Park. As a result of their exploits in the Amateur Cup they were surprisingly given direct entry to the FA Cup First Round proper the following 1962/63 campaign losing 9-2 in a replay at Mansfield Town after a thrilling 3-3 draw at Denbigh Road:

Image may contain: 9 people1962 FA Amateur Cup FINAL CROOK TOWN v HOUNSLOW TOWN 14th Aprildbimage.asp?S=FrontSmall&ID=78667

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Do you remember when Hounslow Town got to the Final of the FA Amateur Cup Final in 1961/62 drawing 1-1 with Crook Town at Wembley on Saturday 14 April 1962 and losing the replay 4-0 at Ayresome Park the following Saturday (programmes below). I wonder why the replay was played in Middlesbrough of all places, also Hounslow Town's Semi Final against Bishops Auckland on Saturday 24 March 1962, which they won 2-1, was played at Griffin Park. As a result of their exploits in the Amateur Cup they were surprisingly given direct entry to the FA Cup First Round proper the following 1962/63 campaign losing 9-2 in a replay at Mansfield Town after a thrilling 3-3 draw at Denbigh Road:

Image may contain: 9 people1962 FA Amateur Cup FINAL CROOK TOWN v HOUNSLOW TOWN 14th Aprildbimage.asp?S=FrontSmall&ID=78667

Well before my time Rhodes ? and I never had the pleasure of watching Hounslow Town FC play ? but I did watch them play when they merged with Feltham FC to become Feltham & Hounslow Borough FC.

Savagebee - I take it that you know the legendary Stephen Hosmer from the Middlesex County FA, he is part of the furniture there, this is an interesting article and presumably he registers Hounslow Town every year with his own money. Stephen was with the youth team at Denbigh Road when the Club sadly left the ground and merged with Feltham, he gives the background story to that time in the article where Hounslow Council had set their sights on the prime piece of town centre real estate as the ground was Council owned and that was the beginning of the end for the Club who had some outstanding debts. Here is some rare YouTube footage of their last ever game at Denbigh Road in April 1991 against Almondsbury Picksons in the Hellenic League Premier Division and before merging with Feltham for the following season to become Feltham & Hounslow Borough and placed in the lowly Diadora Isthmian League Division Three due to the merger. The new Club finished sixteenth and then bottom the following 1992/93 campaign when they met Aldershot Town who were starting their way back up the Pyramid after being the first Football League team to fold during a season since Accrington Stanley, there were two large crowds at the Recreation Ground in Aldershot and at The Orchard in Hatton Road:

https://www.mylondon.news/sport/other-sport/meet-man-keeping-hounslow-towns-5985929

Edited by Rhodes

14 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - I take it that you know the legendary Stephen Hosmer from the Middlesex County FA, he is part of the furniture there, this is an interesting article and presumably he registers Hounslow Town every year with his own money. Stephen was with the youth team at Denbigh Road when the Club sadly left the ground and merged with Feltham, he gives the background story to that time in the article where Hounslow Council had set their sights on the prime piece of town centre real estate as the ground was Council owned and that was the beginning of the end for the Club who had some outstanding debts. Here is some rare YouTube footage of their last ever game at Denbigh Road in April 1991 against Almondsbury Picksons in the Hellenic League Premier Division and before merging with Feltham for the following season to become Feltham & Hounslow Borough and placed in the lowly Diadora Isthmian League Division Three due to the merger. The new Club finished sixteenth and then bottom the following 1992/93 campaign when they met Aldershot Town who were starting their way back up the Pyramid after being the first Football League team to fold during a season since Accrington Stanley, there were two large crowds at the Recreation Ground in Aldershot and at The Orchard in Hatton Road:

https://www.mylondon.news/sport/other-sport/meet-man-keeping-hounslow-towns-5985929

Cheers Rhodes I will have a watch of that later ?

They built a School where the ground was ?

Edited by Savagebee

I also watched Hounslow Borough FC play a few times another Hounslow footy club that also folded.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hounslow_Borough_F.C.

Savagebee - I thought that you might like to see some excellent photographs from the 2014/15 Middlesex FA Senior Challenge Cup Final between Hanwell Town and Harrow Borough played at Hampton & Richmond Borough on 9 May 2015, the pitch looks amazing for end of season doesn't it, Harrow Borough won a tight match 1-0:

2015 Senior Challenge Cup Final

Edited by Rhodes

On 30/06/2020 at 10:59, Rhodes said:

Savagebee Do you remember this testimonial for Hanwell Town's Phil Player, it must have been some night at Reynolds Field with Alan Devonshire in the Hanwell Town team and a lot of goals too, Tottenham won 8-2 but I'm surprised there was only 350 in attendance: 

Phil Player is a legend at the club and still attends home games from time to time and he helps with the printing of the matchday programmes (I think).

51 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - I thought that you might like to see some excellent photographs from the 2014/15 Middlesex FA Senior Challenge Cup Final between Hanwell Town and Harrow Borough played at Hampton & Richmond Borough on 9 May 2015, the pitch looks amazing for end of season doesn't it, Harrow Borough won a tight match 1-0:

Hanwell Town deserved it to go to extra time at the very least.

A very unlucky Tom Duffy giving away the pen ?

Edited by Savagebee

DSC01508

I bet they are waiting for the sandwiches ?

1 hour ago, Savagebee said:

I bet they are waiting for the sandwiches ?

I missed that photo and think you are spot on, they are the so called 'blazers' aren't they and the great and the good from the Middlesex FA

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I missed that photo and think you are spot on, they are the so called 'blazers' aren't they and the great and the good from the Middlesex FA

Yep when the Blazers are in town you have to order an extra loaf of Hovis in to cater for there needs ?

I have to say that Bob Jarvis who is in that photo (White hair, glasses, sitting down) is a really nice guy and a proper football man who isn't just there for the free drink and the cheese & tomato sandwiches ?

Edited by Savagebee

Savagebee - I thought you might like to see these photographs from Bedfont & Feltham v AFC Hayes last season in a Combined Counties League Division One fixture on Monday 26 August 2019 at the Orchard, do you recognise any of the players, Bedfont & Feltham won 5-2 and there's a match report too:

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/afchayes/teams/6746/match-centre/1-4598214/report

Bedfont & Feltham v AFC Hayes

Edited by Rhodes

8 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - do you recognise any of the players,

Haven't been there for a few years now so no.

It's a good little set up there it always has been.

I know the club Secretary Scott Savoy he a nice guy and a top clubman.

There Gateman Jim is also a friend of mine and the best Gateman in West London ?? He used to sometimes do the Hanwell Town FC gate aswell. A proper non league footy man is Jim.

Bedfont v Hayes -314

Its a Groundhoppers dream with the planes flying so low ?

Edited by Savagebee