Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

RETURN TO FOOTBALL - THE MIDDLESEX FOOTBALL FAMILY

RETURN TO FOOTBALL - THE MIDDLESEX FOOTBALL FAMILY

Leigh O'Connor
Free affiliation, County Cup Entry and Public Liability Insurance for all clubs and leagues for the 20/21 season

Dear All,

We would like to start this update by sending our heartfelt condolences to the families, friends and colleagues of those within the Middlesex football family who have sadly passed away, as a result of Covid-19. Our thoughts are with everyone that has been affected by the virus at this very difficult time. We would also like to express our thanks to all the key workers out there, we have a huge amount of respect and gratitude for everything you have done and continue to do. 

Over the last two months we have been committed to produce a support package that safeguards the future of the game in our County, Middlesex. I have personally experienced the challenges you all have through my role as Club Secretary/Treasurer seeing no income for the club during these unprecedented circumstances.  With this in mind, we have had to be creative across the organisation to ensure our plan supports you best.  

We are delighted to confirm the following decisions have been approved to help support you, our clubs, leagues and the wider grassroots game for the 2020/21 season. We see this is an opportunity for the Middlesex Football Family to come back stronger as we value the hard work you all do across the County in the nation’s favourite game. 

Free club and team affiliation for the 2020/21 season
 Free entry to all County Cups
 Free Public Liability Insurance
 Discounted Personal Accident Insurance through our new insurance partner ‘UKGlobal’ (further details will be distributed when affiliation opens)
 Free League Sanctioning
 Free Referee Personal Accident Insurance

Our number one priority since lockdown has been to ensure everyone stays safe by following government advice and adhering to the regulations. During this period, we have been collaborating with The Football Association to confirm the best way to support our stakeholders and help us return to the grass. 
We are extremely grateful for the funding The FA and Sport England have made available to enable us to make the financial decisions above and also the Middlesex FA Board of Directors for their approval. Without The FA and Sport England’s support and investment into the grassroots game the impact on participation in Middlesex and beyond would have been devastating. 

We all believe and are conscious of the current financial pressures and we hope this comes as good news and goes some way to helping you prepare for the forthcoming season. We are optimistic about the future and are excited to continue connecting with our stakeholders and inspiring our community to get back involved in football. 

Further information regarding Staffing, Safeguarding, Affiliation, Referee Registration, Rectory Park, Middlesex Learning, County Cups and all other areas of the game will be released in the coming weeks. Please keep visiting our COVID-19 News and Support section on our website for up to date information. 

Stay safe, keep well and follow government advice during this very challenging time. 

Kind Regards,

Leigh O’Connor

It says on Football Mitoo that the Middlesex Football County League  2020/21 Season is currently under construction.

?

Edited by Savagebee

Savagebee - I take it you have seen the photographs of the Official Opening of Rectory Park on 12 September 2019:

Rectory Park Official Opening Cermony

17 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - I take it you have seen the photographs of the Official Opening of Rectory Park on 12 September 2019:

I haven't been there yet but I'm told that it's at very nice set up there.

• 2 weeks later...

Taken from Middlesex FA Twitter page.

THE FA PROVIDE UPDATED GUIDANCE ON GRASSROOTS FOOTBALL DURING LOCKDOWN

The FA has today issued guidance to all grassroots football and informal football activity outside the professional game.

Consistent with Government advice, published on Wednesday 13 May, the following outdoor football activity is currently permitted:

• playing football individually e.g. practice of individual skills or fitness activities;
  • playing football with your family or other people living in your household;
  • an individual can play football with one other person who is not from their household.
  • coaching an adult player one to one.

All social distancing guidelines must be followed.

Additionally, maintaining a grass or artificial football pitch is permitted, as long as social distancing and appropriate hygiene practices are adopted.

If an individual is symptomatic, living in a household with a possible COVID-19 infection or if you are classified as extremely vulnerable on health grounds, the guidance is that you should remain at home.

The following football activity is not permitted at this time, consistent with Government guidelines:

• coaching a child (U18) from a different household one to one. In order to comply with The FA’s safeguarding policy, a child must have a parent/carer with them, which doesn’t comply with Government social distancing requirements;
  • two or more people from one household playing with one person or more from outside their household.

The FA will continue to work with the Government and Sport England in order to provide guidance to grassroots football as the Government’s COVID-19 recovery strategy moves to the next phase.

Over 100 photographs from the high profile 2019 Middlesex FA Grassroots Football Awards event held at Rectory Park on 6 September 2019, what stood out for me was the food, I'm not that religious but it was like feeding the five thousand:

2019 Middlesex FA Grassroots Football Awards

16 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

what stood out for me was the food, I'm not that religious but it was like feeding the five thousand:

Middlesex officials are well known for liking there food. When I was on the Hanwell Town FC Committee we would always have to lay on a bit extra food when a Middlesex official was in town and gracing us with there presence ?

Savagebee - Do you recognise anybody from the 2017 Middlesex FA Presentation evening held at Rayners Lane on Friday 26 May 2017, I can't see any food this time but the drink is certainly flowing, I assume the Middlesex FA didn't pay for the hire of the Club for the event and Rayners Lane could keep all the bar takings which would have been a pretty penny::

2017 Middlesex FA Presentation Evening

23 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Do you recognise anybody from the 2017 Middlesex FA Presentation evening held at Rayners Lane on Friday 26 May 2017, I can't see any food this time but the drink is certainly flowing, I assume the Middlesex FA didn't pay for the hire of the Club for the event and Rayners Lane could keep all the bar takings which would have been a pretty penny::

Yep a lot of familier faces there.

I bet they gobbled the spread down quick ?

I see there is a picture of Paul Bruce the ex QPR FC, Dagenham & Redbridge FC and Saint Albans City FC left back collecting a award. I used to go to school with him he was in the year below me and he had a wicked left foot. Retired fairly young to concentrate on coaching which pays the bills. He should of played more games in his time at QPR FC as he was a decent player ⬇️

https://www.flickr.com/photos/beardface/34098183194/in/album-72157681269223394/

Edited by Savagebee

When the Middlesex Officials were in town extra loafs of bread were always ordered ? 

Edited by Savagebee

Savagebee - How about the 2016 Middlesex FA Annual Presentation evening, also held at Rayners Lane, on Friday 27 May 2016, do you recognise anybody from there, I wonder why the certificates weren't all pre-signed and they had to be done just before the event and then famed, it must have taken forever and a day:  

2016 Middlesex FA Annual Presentation Evening

Edited by Rhodes

37 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - How about the 2016 Middlesex FA Annual Presentation evening, also held at Rayners Lane, on Friday 27 May 2016, do you recognise anybody from there, I wonder why the certificates weren't all pre-signed and they had to be done just before the event and then famed, it must have taken forever and a day:  

The ex Hanwell Town FC and North Greenford United FC winger Charlie Mitchell ⬇️

Charlie Mitchell

Pitshanger Dynamo FC Left Back Tom Pudney and a Pitshanger Dynamo FC man through and through ⬇️

Pitshanger Dynamo

The current Hanwell Town FC Vice Chairman and ex Harefield United FC Vice Chairman (I think) Dhali Dhaliwal ⬇️

Dhali Dhaliwal

Savagebee - Not really SSML but as this thread is relating to the Middlesex FA, and presumably its affiliated Club's, what do you think of Northwood's ground at Chestnut Avenue, when was the last time you were there as I think these photographs were taken sometime ago. Northwood did however meet our very own North Greenford United in the Middlesex Senior Challenge Cup Second Round this season, on 5 November, and were lucky to win 5-3 on penalties at Chestnut Avenue after an exciting 2-2 draw, North Greenford United led 2-0 after only ten minutes through James Barnett and Conor Molyneaux and went in at the interval 2-1 ahead holding out until the 83rd minute before Northwood equalised taking the tie to spot kicks. The hosts were clinical from the twelve yard mark and dispatched each one with North Greenford United keeper Evangelos Anastasakis getting nowhere near the ball as it entered the net: 

Northwood FC ground - The Acretweed Stadium

16 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Not really SSML but as this thread is relating to the Middlesex FA, and presumably its affiliated Club's, what do you think of Northwood's ground at Chestnut Avenue, when was the last time you were there as I think these photographs were taken sometime ago. Northwood did however meet our very own North Greenford United in the Middlesex Senior Challenge Cup Second Round this season, on 5 November, and were lucky to win 5-3 on penalties at Chestnut Avenue after an exciting 2-2 draw, North Greenford United led 2-0 after only ten minutes through James Barnett and Conor Molyneaux and went in at the interval 2-1 ahead holding out until the 83rd minute before Northwood equalised taking the tie to spot kicks. The hosts were clinical from the twelve yard mark and dispatched each one with North Greenford United keeper Evangelos Anastasakis getting nowhere near the ball as it entered the net: 

Been there many times I last went there in 2016.

I've always had a soft spot for the club and ground. Every stand is a different kind of stand and it's in a nice setting one where you would think you were in the countryside and I can't think of any other ground that I have been to that has a graveyard right behind it? (Behind the goal end).

The main thing that I always remember about the ground is the pitchside fencing ? ive never been to any other ground that has the same pitchside fencing as Northwood FC ?

Savagebee - I know you will enjoy these photographs, the Hanwell Town Football Club sign overlooking the hallowed Reynolds Field turf is an anoraks dream isn't it and also where taking photographs is concerned. It's the great Club's Centenary this year and I gather they were founded in 1920 by some exiled Geordies who happened to be working in the Hanwell area at that time hence their black and white stripes and nickname The Geordies, correct me if I am wrong but they have never been beyond Step Four level have they:

Hanwell Town FC ground - Reynolds Field

Edited by Rhodes

18 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

correct me if I am wrong but they have never been beyond Step Four level have they:

No they havent.

They were hoping that would change last season.

• 2 weeks later...

Savagebee - Again not SSML but as this thread seems to be relating to the Middlesex FA and its affiliated Club's, when was the last time you were at Hanworth Villa's Rectory Meadow, these photographs are from when they played AFC Croydon Athletic in an FA Cup Preliminary Round Replay on 4 September 2018, losing 1-0:

Hanworth Villa v AFC Croydon Athletic (0-1 FA Cup Preliminary Round Replay) 04/09/2018

• 2 weeks later...