Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

North Greenford United FC

10 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - It is Dom Rhone's birthday today, yes, he had 'silky skills' which not many players possess and could quite easily have gone all the way:

I wonder who Dom Rhone will play for this season?

On 25/08/2020 at 14:02, Savagebee said:

I wonder who Dom Rhone will play for this season?

He's at Broadfields United. A disappointing result for North Greenford United last night in the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round at Berkeley Fields against Hellenic League Premier Division Brimscombe & Thrupp, losing 2-1:

Billede

On 02/09/2020 at 01:49, Rhodes said:

He's at Broadfields United.

A decent player should be playing a level up in my opinion.

On 02/09/2020 at 02:49, Rhodes said:

A disappointing result for North Greenford United last night in the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round at Berkeley Fields against Hellenic League Premier Division Brimscombe & Thrupp, losing 2-1

The Cold End was at Berkeley Fields for the North Greenford United v Brimscombe & Thrupp tie:

http://thecoldend.blogspot.com/2020/09/brimmy-happy-after-their-big-trip-to.html

• 4 weeks later...

North Greenford United's line up for last Tuesday's SSML Premier Division fixture with Crawley Green at Berkeley Fields which resulted in a 1-1 draw, Joseph Mills netted on 74 minutes only for Crawley Green to equalise three minutes later, that has pretty much been the story of North Greenford United's season so far even though that is their only stalemate. Since disappointingly losing at home to Hellenic League Premier Division Brimscombe & Thrupp in the FA Cup they have struggled to get a stranglehold on their League form and it's only the FA Vase that is currently keeping the season alive and kicking with an away Second Qualifying Round tie at Oxhey Jets tomorrow, having comfortably disposed of Hellenic League Division One East Chalvey Sports 4-1 in the First Qualifying Round. League defeats at Arlesey Town and Leverstock Green, albeit just by the odd goal, weren't exactly encouraging for the long haul ahead and although there was a 3-1 home win over Edgware Town there was also a 5-2 home defeat to Biggleswade United who, up until that point, couldn't buy a win for love nor money under new boss Cristian Colas.

Ejqjfs0XYAE9stP?format=jpg&name=large

• 2 weeks later...

North Greenford United's line up and match programme for Saturday's SSML Premier Division fixture with Potton United at Berkeley Fields which resulted in a 1-0 win for the Hutchinson Hollow outfit. Current SSML Premier Division form is still poor however it seems the Club can do no wrong in the FA Vase and won 3-1 at Oxhey Jets last week in a Second Qualifying Round tie with goals from Toluwaloju James, Andrew Manitou and Charlie Mitchell. Colin Jones men now travel to Combined Counties League Division One Sandhurst Town in the First Round proper on Saturday 31 October however there are two very difficult League fixtures to negotiate prior to that, at home to second in the table Colney Heath tomorrow evening, see match programme, and at table toppers Eynesbury Rovers on Saturday (24 October):

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/files.pitchero.com%2Fclubs%2F72218%2Fcvv8KpmDQFO9eWibldXf_04PottonUnitedR.pdf

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/files.pitchero.com%2Fclubs%2F72218%2FFVPGnO0nTaNLydoN1Gs5_05ColneyHeathR.pdf

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

North Greenford United's line up and match programme for last night's SSML Premier Division fixture with high flying Colney Heath which resulted in a straight forward 4-1 victory for the visitors, Captain and 'Mr Reliable' Andrew Manitou netted for North Greenford United who now have three successive away games, after playing five of their first seven League fixtures at Berkeley Fields, starting with a daunting visit to Hall Road to take on table topping Eynesbury Rovers on Saturday (24 October):

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/files.pitchero.com%2Fclubs%2F72218%2FFVPGnO0nTaNLydoN1Gs5_05ColneyHeathR.pdf

Billede

• 1 month later...

Over 150 photographs, match report and programme from North Greenford United v Hellenic League Division One East Chalvey Sports, at Berkeley Fields earlier this season, on Saturday 19 September 2020 in a 2020/21 FA Vase First Qualifying Round tie, North Greenford United won 5-1 with goals from Charlie Mitchell, Joe Mills and a hat trick from Georgie Brown:

Match Report: North Greenford United FC 5 - 1 Chalvey Sports : 1st Team (pitchero.com)

911ChalveySports.indd

2020 FA Vase North Greenford United v Chalvey Sports

Edited by Rhodes

• 2 weeks later...

Photographs from Godalming Town v North Greenford United in a 2017/18 Combined Counties League Premier Division fixture on Saturday 23 December 2017, Goldalming Town won 2-1 with Brian Testolin netting for North Greenford United who transferred across to the SSML Premier Division at the end of that campaign:

North Greenford (H)

Edited by Rhodes

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Photographs from Godalming Town v North Greenford United in a 2017/18 Combined Counties League Premier Division fixture on Saturday 23 December 2017, Goldalming Town won 2-1 with Brian Testolin netting for North Greenford United who transferred across to the SSML Premier Division at the end of that campaign:

North Greenford (H)

My hometown club, the Gees

20 hours ago, Rhodes said:

A few pics of James Simmonds there playing for North Greenford United he is now the Chelsea U18s coach. Still only 33 (I think) and he still plays for Richmond & Kew FC in the Surrey South Eastern Combination League alongside his brothers Elliot and Bradley.

James Simmonds is top player on his day.

big_6054_2Fcatalog_image_2F663689_2FA5tt

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2020 at 21:48, View from the Boundary said:

My hometown club, the Gees

View From The Boundary - Really, so you're a leafy Surrey man then, what is it like when Guildford City come calling like in these photos, is it like Boca Juniors v River Plate. How did you become involved with Oxhey Jets out of interest:

Godalming Town (A) 26/08/2013 | Flickr

Godalming Town (A) Mon 28 Aug 2017 | Flickr

Godalming Town (A) 26/12/2012 | Flickr

Edited by Rhodes

Yes, a 'leafy Surrey man', from a council house, surrounded by rich kids so you really knew you were poor. Hope that addresses your patronising preconceptions. I moved away to go to university and never went back, and have lived in 10 counties but mainly Herts in the last 20 years. I currently live in Soxhey and have followed Jets since the great escape season where the drop was avoided at Stotfold's expense, having previously followed St Albans City for 5 years but became disillusioned by many things such as money grabbing owners, obvious match fixing I witnessed (3 players sacked but swept under the carpet), atrocious facilities, revolving door recruitment but mostly because the owners rig it so they start like a train then come down with the Christmas decs, there is no desire to progress. They are top now, I bet they won't even make the playoffs, that's Levi all over.

Before watching the Saints I had been an avid Aldershot fan since the 70s, but where do I start with them. Going bust twice was enough for me, they are doomed, and the town is a cesspit of a place, always was but far worse these days. At least I saw them rise back through the leagues to the FL, after that the wheels soon came off.

Loving the Jets, they do such good work in the community and deserve every success. They are a joy to watch too this season.

2 hours ago, View from the Boundary said:

Yes, a 'leafy Surrey man', from a council house, surrounded by rich kids so you really knew you were poor. Hope that addresses your patronising preconceptions. I moved away to go to university and never went back, and have lived in 10 counties but mainly Herts in the last 20 years. I currently live in Soxhey and have followed Jets since the great escape season where the drop was avoided at Stotfold's expense, having previously followed St Albans City for 5 years but became disillusioned by many things such as money grabbing owners, obvious match fixing I witnessed (3 players sacked but swept under the carpet), atrocious facilities, revolving door recruitment but mostly because the owners rig it so they start like a train then come down with the Christmas decs, there is no desire to progress. They are top now, I bet they won't even make the playoffs, that's Levi all over.

Before watching the Saints I had been an avid Aldershot fan since the 70s, but where do I start with them. Going bust twice was enough for me, they are doomed, and the town is a cesspit of a place, always was but far worse these days. At least I saw them rise back through the leagues to the FL, after that the wheels soon came off.

Loving the Jets, they do such good work in the community and deserve every success. They are a joy to watch too this season.

A good post ? I've heard bad things about St Albans City in recent years but I always enjoyed visiting there ground but i haven't been there for over 10 years now.

You wouldn't happen to know the whereabouts of the ex Oxhey Jets midfielder Sim Armstrong?

1 hour ago, View from the Boundary said:

Bringing us back on topic, Sim played in the epic 3-3 draw between Jets and NGU earlier this month

Wow so he is back at the club then ? A good few of the club's best players from the last 10 years seem to returning to the club so no wonder they are 2nd in the league and a joy to watch at the moment.