Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

North Greenford United FC

Over 100 photographs from Slough Town v North Greenford United, at Holloways Park on 19 November 2013, in a Southern League Division One Central fixture from 2013/14, Slough Town won 3-0 on their way to promotion to the Southern League Premier Division that season through the play offs. North Greenford United finished 20th in the table, one place above relegation as was also the case the following season however their luck finally ran out in 2015/16 when finishing bottom and were duly relegated to the Combined Counties League Premier Division after the Club successfully appealed against their placement in the Hellenic League where they weren't keen to go. After only two seasons however in the Combined Counties League they transferred sideways to the SSML Premier Division for the 2018/19 season:

https://www.sloughtownfc.net/reports/4859

19-11-13 Slough Town v North Greenford United

Over 150 photographs from North Greenford United v Slough Town, at Berkeley Fields on 20 April 2013, in a Southern League Division One Central fixture from 2012/13, Slough Town won 3-1 with North Greenford United's goal coming from Awoala Kpunpamo giving them the lead after 35 minutes before capitulating:

https://www.sloughtownfc.net/reports/4815

20-04-13 North Greenford Utd v Slough Town

Edited by Rhodes

Over 200 photographs from Slough Town v North Greenford United, at Holloways Park on 19 February 2013, in a Southern League Division One Central fixture from 2012/13, Slough Town won 3-0 without really breaking sweat, hardly surprising with the great Dominic Rhone (pictured) in their team:

https://www.sloughtownfc.net/reports/4793

19-02-13 Slough Town v North Greenford Utd

4 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Over 200 photographs from Slough Town v North Greenford United, at Holloways Park on 19 February 2013, in a Southern League Division One Central fixture from 2012/13, Slough Town won 3-0 without really breaking sweat, hardly surprising with the great Dominic Rhone (pictured) in their team:

https://www.sloughtownfc.net/reports/4793

19-02-13 Slough Town v North Greenford Utd

On his day Dom Rhone is a top left sided player. 

Was part on the great Hanwell Town FC team that won the SSML Premier Division in 2013/14.

He never stays at one club for to long though.

At Northwood FC last season.

Savagebee - Dom Rhone is a class act and a good friend from when he played for Tokyngton Manor briefly having come from Beaconsfield SYCOB and before moving to AFC Hayes and then on to Slough Town, we spoke only yesterday. You probably don't know that, in the photograph, the challenge the North Greenford United player is about to make broke Dom's leg and he was out of the game for eighteen months, it could have ended his career as it was a very bad break.

18 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee -  You probably don't know that, in the photograph, the challenge the North Greenford United player is about to make broke Dom's leg and he was out of the game for eighteen months, it could have ended his career as it was a very bad break.

Ouch ?

Isn't Dom Rhone's day job a Dentist? 

Was also a big part of the Southall FC team that won the SSML Divison One title in 2017/18.

Savagebee - Do you know anyone from the 1982/83 Middlesex League Premier Division winning team who then gained promotion to Division One of the London Spartan League:

Image may contain: 14 people, text that says "CHAMPIONS: The North Greenford United team which last week clinched the Middlesex League title. Back row (left right): Mick McLoughlin (chairman), Dereck Sanders (trainer), Bob Surey, Steve Senior, Dick Parkinson, William O'Brien, John Russell, Dennis Labostide, Clive Lomas (manager). Front: Alan Jenkins, Steve Berry, Phil Sheldon, Michael Johnson, Paul Johnson, Densel Wil- liamson and Tony Thomas. The club lost 2-1 to Northwood after extra time in the Harrow Senior Charity Cup at the weekend."

A bit random again folks, it's another slow news day although I've noticed it is picking up a bit now. Did North Greenford United ever play or train on the old Lyons & Co sports ground adjacent to their factory complex where the rapidly growing company decided to move to in 1919 largely due to its very close proximity to the Grand Union Canal which flowed directly into the River Thames from the then village of Greenford Green, following WWI Greenford combined a mixture of idyllic Countryside and industrial works despite being slightly remote. Anyway this picture, including Eusebio, was taken at the Lyons & Co Sports Ground where Portugal trained during the 1966 World Cup when obviously they reached the Semi Final, losing to England:

Image may contain: 5 people, people standing and outdoor

https://mobile.twitter.com/NGUfootballclub/status/1277935659156738050.

How will non league footy clubhouses cope with all this?

If i go to a Pub its to relax and have fun so it sounds like Pubs will now not be the place to do that? ? As there are so many rules and regulations now.

You have to queue up to go into a Pub ?

Read somewhere yesterday that you won't be able to talk loud in Pubs ?

Queue here queue there wait here wait there you can't go there you can go there ? 

Booking a table, downloading apps and giving your name and phone number and you have to queue up every time you need a p#ss ?

Nah if I fancy a drink it's the front room or the garden for me now and if I get bored with that I might pop to the park for a drink ?

R.I.P. The Pub ?

#Rantover?

Edited by Savagebee

5 hours ago, Savagebee said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NGUfootballclub/status/1277935659156738050.

How will non league footy clubhouses cope with all this?

If i go to a Pub its to relax and have fun so it sounds like Pubs will now not be the place to do that? ? As there are so many rules and regulations now.

You have to queue up to go into a Pub ?

Read somewhere yesterday that you won't be able to talk loud in Pubs ?

Queue here queue there wait here wait there you can't go there you can go there ? 

Booking a table, downloading apps and giving your name and phone number and you have to queue up every time you need a p#ss ?

Nah if I fancy a drink it's the front room or the garden for me now and if I get bored with that I might pop to the park for a drink ?

R.I.P. The Pub ?

#Rantover?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/politics/11999639/pubs-can-show-football-but-quietly/

? Crap! Another reason not to bother going to a Pub.

• 2 weeks later...

Kojo Agyeman and Kaine Prichard sign for North Greenford United FC.

#Neverheardofthembefore?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm told that the club have new tenants for the new season ? 

Some extra pocket money for the club ?

27 minutes ago, Karen Browne said:

Pitshanger Dynamo are the new tenants

They won't be playing many games during December January and February then

2 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

Pitshanger Dynamo are the new tenants

Yep the Pits are hoping the NGU pitch will be better this season.

• 3 weeks later...

Photographs from North Greenford United v Enfield Town, played at Hampton & Richmond Borough on 3 May 2010, in the 2009/10 Middlesex Senior Charity Cup Final, Combined Counties League Premier Division North Greenford United lifted the trophy that evening by winning 1-0, the Cold End was in attendance and you can feel his disappointment when penning the report below as he is an Enfield Town fan however his team had fortuitously only played one game to reach the Final:  

https://thecoldend.blogspot.com/2020/07/the-cold-end-flashback-2010-middlesex.html

North Greenford United 1 Enfield Town 0 (03/05/10)

Edited by Rhodes

So sorry to do this to you folks but it's him I'm afraid, at Windsor FC v North Greenford United on 15 April 2017 in a 2016/17 Combined Counties League Premier Division encounter at Stag Meadow, the season prior to North Greenford United getting a sideways move to the SSML, the game ended 2-2 with Anthony O'Connor and Daniel Vincent netting for North Greenford United:

9 hours ago, Rhodes said:

So sorry to do this to you folks but it's him I'm afraid, at Windsor FC v North Greenford United on 15 April 2017 in a 2016/17 Combined Counties League Premier Division encounter at Stag Meadow, the season prior to North Greenford United getting a sideways move to the SSML, the game ended 2-2 with Anthony O'Connor and Daniel Vincent netting for North Greenford United:

Nice ground is Wndsor FC.

Two ex Hanwell Town players there.

I saw Ant O'Connor a couple of months ago driving to Kingston ? he's settled at Harrow Borough FC these days.

Heard a RUMOUR recently that Dan Vincent is joining Brentham FC of the Middlesex County Premier Division to boost there 2020/21 title challenge. At that level he could/should be a great signing for them.

Photographs and match report from Aylesbury FC v North Greenford United, at Haywood Way on Tuesday 18 August 2015, in a 2015/16 Southern League Division One Central fixture resulting in a 3-1 win for Aylesbury FC despite North Greenford United taking the lead. Very strangely it was the same 3-1 result as when the two sides met at Haywood Way in April the season before as well as the season before that:

https://www.aylesburyvaledynamos.co.uk/teams/77541/match-centre/1-1608870/report

Aylesbury FC 3-1 North Greenford United

On 27/06/2020 at 22:20, Savagebee said:

On his day Dom Rhone is a top left sided player. 

Savagebee - It is Dom Rhone's birthday today, yes, he had 'silky skills' which not many players possess and could quite easily have gone all the way:

image.jpeg.1fcfd1690d4282d8796d56387edd041e.jpegimage.jpeg.eb943f667e1b06e5362580d1a2b6772d.jpegimage.jpeg.ad0f757f56688519c1abc079d3353f25.jpeg