Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Cup First Round Qualifying

THE EMIRATES FA CUP First Round Qualifying

Tuesday 22nd September

Barking v Dunstable Town

Grays Athletic v Potton United (Wednesday 23rd September)

Leighton Town v Mildenhall Town

New Salamis v Brentwood Town (Monday 21st September)

51 minutes ago, Karen Browne said:

Tuesday 22nd September

New Salamis v Brentwood Town (Date to be arranged due to Haringey Borough also drawn at home)

Thanks Karen, that's a winnable tie for New Salamis isn't it, you sound surprised that Haringey Borough were drawn at home (to Tunbridge Wells FC), this is the Club's FA Cup record since 2016/17 and and now twelve home draws from the last thirteen ties:

2016-17   PRE   BARKINGSIDE                         H    7-2
          1Q    WITHAM TOWN                         H    0-3
2017-18   PRE   BOWERS & PITSEA                     A    2-0
          1Q    HITCHIN TOWN                        H    1-1
          1Qr   HITCHIN TOWN                        A    1-1 (Haringey won 3-2 on pens)
          2Q    WELLING UNITED                      A    2-1
          3Q    BIDEFORD                            H    4-1
          4Q    HEYBRIDGE SWIFTS                    H    2-4
2018-19   PRE   STANWAY ROVERS                      H    1-0
          1Q    BRENTWOOD TOWN                      A    3-2
          2Q    ERITH TOWN                          H    2-0
          3Q    A F C SUDBURY                       H    2-1
          4Q    POOLE TOWN                          H    2-1
          1     A F C WIMBLEDON                     H    0-1
2019-20   1Q    HERNE BAY                           H    3-0
          2Q    STAINES TOWN                        H    5-0
          3Q    CRAY WANDERERS                      H    1-0
          4Q    YEOVIL TOWN                         H    0-3

3 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

Tuesday 22nd September

Barking v Dunstable Town

Grays Athletic v Potton United

Leighton Town v Mildenhall Town

New Salamis v Brentwood Town (Monday 21st September)

It's extremely poor though isn't it, only four SSML Club's making it through to the First Qualifying Round, it must be one of the all time lows

Who on earth decided on the BBC tv game for the FA Cup First Qualifying Round on Monday 21 September, it's laughable isn't it with New Salamis v Brentwood on the same night at a raucous 'capacity' Coles Park. Who's going to bother turning up at the Len Salmon Stadium where Essex Senior League Hashtag United groundshare with Bowers & Pitsea to watch Isthmian League North Division Soham Town Rangers and create an AEK, Panathinaikos, PAOK and Olympiacos style tv atmosphere:

Billede

On 17/09/2020 at 21:20, Rhodes said:

Who on earth decided on the BBC tv game for the FA Cup First Qualifying Round on Monday 21 September, it's laughable isn't it with New Salamis v Brentwood on the same night at a raucous 'capacity' Coles Park. Who's going to bother turning up at the Len Salmon Stadium where Essex Senior League Hashtag United groundshare with Bowers & Pitsea to watch Isthmian League North Division Soham Town Rangers and create an AEK, Panathinaikos, PAOK and Olympiacos style tv atmosphere:

Billede

Coles Park was rocking in the last round. Great atmosphere.

I wonder how many SSML Club's will be left standing in the FA Cup after this week's four mouth watering ties:

Monday 21 September – (kick off 7.45pm)

FA Cup First Qualifying Round

New Salamis v Brentwood

Tuesday 22 September – (kick off 7.45pm)

Barking v Dunstable Town

Leighton Town v Mildenhall Town https://www.leightontownfc.co.uk/news/fa-cup-tickets-sold-out-2569871.html

Wednesday 23 September – (kick off 7.45pm)

All of this week's First Qualifying Round ties at a glance, I'm surprised only Bamber Bridge have forfeited, there's surprisingly only three Step 4 v Step 6 ties, New Salamis v Brentwood Town being one of them:

Billede

17 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Monday 21 September 

New Salamis v Brentwood

It's Brentwood Town who have opened the scoring on just nine minutes, they're clearly no mugs and have had chances to make it 2-0:

New Salamis back in it just before the interval through Denis Mehmet, 1-1 at half time, apparently they are struggling to stay awake at Hashtag United with the score 1-0 to Soham Town Rangers, I can't for the life of me fathom out why that is the tv game this evening:

There goes the whistle for the break. Not the greatest half in terms of quality with both sides struggling to find any rhythm. But one moment of magic has the Greens in front. 

The two sides were slugging it out as if their lives depended on it and New Salamis had a goal chalked off for a foul however, unfortunately, Brentwood Town have just scored to make it 2-1 with ten minutes plus stoppage time remaining.

Disappointment for New Salamis, Brentwood Town were a strong side and there were two tiers difference afterall, at least there's still the FA Vase:

New Salamis 1 Brentwood Town 2

On 21/09/2020 at 03:57, Rhodes said:

Barking v Dunstable Town

The match programme for this evening:

http://www.barking-fc.co.uk/programmes/Dunstable.pdf

Leighton Town v Mildenhall Town https://www.leightontownfc.co.uk/news/fa-cup-tickets-sold-out-2569871.html

The match programme for this evening:

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/files.pitchero.com/clubs/3144/SumjrYvyTxlOXJNIE8wB_TT vs Mildenhall.pdf

Half time scores, Archie McClelland (15 minutes) and Ben Pattie (36 minutes) net for Leighton Town:

Barking 3 Dunstable Town 0

Leighton Town 2 Mildenhall Town 0

Final results, Leighton Town march on:

Barking 6 Dunstable Town 1

Leighton Town 4 Mildenhall Town 0

Not SSML but a very disappointing result last night, and FA Cup exit, for Aylesbury United when their Manager Ben Williams was so confident of a good cup run on Ollie Bayliss's BBC Three Counties Non League Show after beating Long Crendon in the last round, I wonder what Ollie will have to say about it on Sunday's show:

http://www.aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/match/2020-09-22/moneyfields/home/

http://www.aufcforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,2325.0.html

FA Cup 1Q
Aylesbury United 2-2 Moneyfields (3-4 on pens)
@ Chesham United
Admission : £9, programme free download
Attendance : 112

First game for me since January, and headed over to The Meadow to see a club I've never seen play before in the form of Moneyfields - whose club I'd gone past many times on my way to college on the bus back in the 90s.

Easy drive over from Luton, plenty of parking. Well organised outside the ground with names being ticked off a list for track & trace having emailed in advance. Social distancing largely observed inside the ground except for the small but noisy group of Aylesbury supporters who were vocal for much of the game who while small in number were definitely congregated in a group of more than six.

First half was a goalless affair with chances at a premium, but the visitors took the lead from the penalty spot early in the second half. Aylesbury then saw a penalty saved, before equalising five minutes later. Moneyfields regained the lead with 20 to go, before Aylesbury equalised from the spot in the 85th minute, and found time to miss another penalty before the full time whistle blew. So far 4 penalties, 2 scored.

The 50% conversation rate carried on into the shootout, with Moneyfields eventually running out 4-3 winners after 7 penalties each - 18 penalties in total, only 9 scored. Don't think I've ever seen so many penalties saved or missed before.

An enjoyable evening in the end, but nothing that makes me want to go back to being a regular football watcher following my falling out with Hendon 18 months ago.

14 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Barking 6 Dunstable Town 1

A match report, it was always a tough draw for Dunstable Town at Barking who, correct me if I'm wrong, they had only ever met once before in a competitive match and a 2012/13 FA Vase First Round tie, Barking were only reformed in 2006 but had a long history prior to that lifting the Essex Senior Cup as long ago as the 1893/94 campaign: 

https://www.barking-fc.co.uk/BarkingvDunstableTown.html

Wednesday 23 September – (kick off 7.45pm)

All square at the interval, Grays Athletic 1 Potton United 1, Potton United took the lead on 21 minutes through David Etheridge from the penalty spot however Grays Athletic replied on 35 minutes so it's all to play for in an even contest:

Billede

This evening's teams if you can manage to decipher them:

Billede

Disappointment for Potton United leaving Leighton Town the only remainiing team in the competition from the SSML:

Grays Athletic 3 Potton United 1

Archived