Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

League Challenge Trophy 2021-22

On 17/12/2021 at 00:39, Rhodes said:

Daily Dose - I am not sure I agree, I think the Challenge Trophy this season has sadly become Iike the FA Cup and 'the big boys', such as Leighton Town and New Salamis, can't be bothered hence their early exits.

I’m happy to agree to disagree. That’s what football is all about. No one is right, no one is wrong. It’s all about opinions.

i’m right though in this occasion though ?

On 17/12/2021 at 00:39, Rhodes said:

Daily Dose - I am not sure I agree, I think the Challenge Trophy this season has sadly become Iike the FA Cup and 'the big boys', such as Leighton Town and New Salamis, can't be bothered hence their early exits.

Having witnessed New Salamis exit they certainly could be bothered, their board was there en masse and on the pitch they tried everything to score. They should have won comfortably, and it wasn't for lack of trying that they lost.

On 15/12/2021 at 22:48, Rhodes said:

An old fashioned cup shock this evening at Hitchin Road: 

Wednesday 15 December 

SSML Challenge Trophy Second Round
Baldock Town 3 Langford 5

The match programme:

files.pitchero.com/clubs/1770/XjSv8jlMSXSxWDzJGBn2_Programme_Vol+14_Iss14_Langford.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Four Second Round ties have yet to be pIayed, I assume the draw for the Third Round of the competition hasn't been made as yet:  

Saturday 8 January (kick off 3.00pm unless stated)

Buckingham United United v Irchester United (kick off 1.30pm)
Milton Keynes College Football Academy v Rushden & Higham United
Oxhey Jets v Crawley Green 

Wednesday 12 January (kick off 7.45pm)

Codicote v Harefield United

On 15/12/2021 at 22:48, Rhodes said:
Tuesday 14 December
London Tigers 0 Flackwell Heath 4

Wednesday 15 December 
Baldock Town 3 Langford 5

The Cold End was in attendance at these two Second Round ties:  

The Cold End: GLADWISH CHALLENGE TROPHY - FLACKWELL HEATH THROUGH WITH EASE AND LANGFORD SHOCK BALDOCK TOWN

Karen - Thanks for coming on and making a rare appearance, unlike you do on another Forum. I only assumed that the Third Round draw hadn't been made because you hadn't posted it on here as you helpfully did with the First and Second Round draws. What's the general feeling of the League at present, and in the corridors of power at Staple House in Dunstable, is it likely to be yet another 'null and void' or 'curtailed' campaign.

So if I'm reading this Gladwish Challenge Trophy 2021 - 2022 | Spartan South Midlands Football League (thefa.com) right, Jets' route to the final (should we were to overcome Crawley Green on 8 Jan) would be Northampton Sileby in round 3, then the winners of Risborough or Stotfold in the quarters and possibly Levy Green in the semis (among others)? Or is the 3rd round draw completely different to the way that page indicates?

On 06/11/2021 at 17:04, Rhodes said:

Saturday 6 November 

SSML Challenge Trophy First Round
Old Bradwell United 0 Milton Keynes Irish 1 

Groundhopper Base Of The pyramid was at this First Round tie on Saturday 6 November: 

https://www.botp.co.uk/blog/gone-fishing

Picture

Edited by Rhodes

20 hours ago, View from the Boundary said:

So if I'm reading this Gladwish Challenge Trophy 2021 - 2022 | Spartan South Midlands Football League (thefa.com) right, Jets' route to the final (should we were to overcome Crawley Green on 8 Jan) would be Northampton Sileby in round 3, then the winners of Risborough or Stotfold in the quarters and possibly Levy Green in the semis (among others)? Or is the 3rd round draw completely different to the way that page indicates?

Ignore what route Full Time says, the draw is made for each round seperately and once ties are added to Full Time it will adjust itself.

Should Oxhey Jets beat Crawley Green they will be away to Hadley

16 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

Ignore what route Full Time says, the draw is made for each round seperately and once ties are added to Full Time it will adjust itself.

Should Oxhey Jets beat Crawley Green they will be away to Hadley

What do you mean 'Ignore what route Full Time says', why don't you just post the Third Round draw here instead of being so cIoaK and dagger, I don't understand you sometimes.

One First Round and two Second Round ties on Saturday:

Saturday 8 January (kick off 3.00pm unless stated)

SSML Challenge Trophy First Round
Buckingham United v Irchester United (kick off 1.30pm)

SSML Challenge Trophy Second Round
Milton Keynes College Football Academy v Rushden & Higham United
Oxhey Jets v Crawley Green

On 06/01/2022 at 15:09, Rhodes said:

Saturday 8 January 

Milton Keynes College Football Academy v Rushden & Higham United

We will see what Milton Keynes College Football Academy are made of tomorrow:

Billede

Unfortunately two of the three Challenge Trophy ties this afternoon have been called off due to waterlogged pitches:

SSML Challenge Trophy First Round
Buckingham United P Irchester United 

Oxhey Jets P Crawley Green

On 08/01/2022 at 00:22, Rhodes said:

We will see what Milton Keynes College Football Academy are made of tomorrow

Total humiliation for Division One outfit Rushden & Higham United yesterday:

Saturday 8 January

Milton Keynes College Football Academy 4 Rushden & Higham United 0

Edited by Rhodes

This evening's scheduled SSML Challenge Trophy Second Round tie between Codicote and Harefield United has been postponed:

Wednesday 12 January 

Codicote P Harefield United

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

This evening's scheduled SSML Challenge Trophy Second Round tie between Codicote and Harefield United has been postponed:

Wednesday 12 January 

Codicote P Harefield United

I see Codicote have had to cede home advantage because of this second postponement, what sort of stupid rule is that? Who has made this decision, and why? If it hammers down on the day Jets are due to play Crawley Green will we lose home advantage through no fault of our own because of this 2 postponements rule? Ludicrous!

10 hours ago, View from the Boundary said:

I see Codicote have had to cede home advantage because of this second postponement, what sort of stupid rule is that? Who has made this decision, and why? If it hammers down on the day Jets are due to play Crawley Green will we lose home advantage through no fault of our own because of this 2 postponements rule? Ludicrous!

Cue Karen

On 09/01/2022 at 17:29, Rhodes said:

Total humiliation for Division One outfit Rushden & Higham United yesterday:

Saturday 8 January

Milton Keynes College Football Academy 4 Rushden & Higham United 0

TaKe a loowhat Karen has posted on another Forum, why couldn't she have posted it on here:

Is This A Record | NonLeagueMatters Forums

Interesting statistic in the MK College Football Academy v Rushden & Higham Gladwish Challenge Trophy tie.
All the goals were scored whilst the opponents had a player in the Sin Bin. A Rushden player was binned around the 35th minute, when the score was 0-0, MK then scored 3 goals before the player returned. Another Rushden player was sent to the Sin Bin in the second half when the other goal was scored.
Is that a record?