Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Juevan injury

MTHead

I was wondering wether the club has considered providing Medical Insurance Cover for our players which would enable accelerated recovery for our players who sustain injuries whilst playing / training for us. How expensive would this cover be if we restricted it to deal with injuries sustained whilst playing etc ?  Insurance cover would also provide an incentive for proepstive signings and say a lot about the type of club we are !

I agree with your statement MTH.  In fact I would be surprised if we do not have at least a basic medical policy covering the playing staff.!!!!! But then it depends on what are the basic benefits.  Obviously the premium payable will reflect the type of cover included.

The problem with insuring against injury in contact sports is that they all attract high premiums due to the risk involved. This means paying for medical checks on new players etc before they are iincorporated in the policy.

Although I have great sympathy with Juevan's plight I feel that medical insurance to treat his type of injury would fetch a very high premium. Also they would probably have an exclusion clause against any previous injuries sustained in a period of 2 to 3 years which could have affected the current one. 

Hence I believe the current  appeal to financially assist him is, at the moment, the quickest way to help in his recovery. For expediency perhaps a Benefit Fund, for such events, could be set up for future occasions. That is if one is not already in being.

Until we know the facts regarding what is already provided what we have discussed is solely based on assumptions.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals